Official Switch XCloud/Game Pass bet Thread for E3

Will XCloud/Game Pass be announced at E3 for Switch?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will XCloud/Game Pass be announced at E3 for Switch?

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Disappointing they didn't do anything with Project xCloud after a year. Either they're reworking their marketing behind it or it's in bad shape. Only thing we saw was a copy-cat version of Remote Play.

Stadia got the jump on them... MS couldn't afford to show something worse than that with XCloud. 

30 to 35 mins of their conference just vanished from the promised 2hr plus show? lol

Just now, Goukosan said:

Stadia got the jump on them... MS couldn't afford to show something worse than that with XCloud. 

30 to 35 mins of their conference just vanished from the promised 2hr plus show? lol

Nobody promised shit, yet the 80th "insider" bullshit to go up in flames. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's going to be worse. Microsoft has not steered away from Project xCloud being a "console quality" streaming service. It's not going to be anywhere near what Stadia is right now until they start putting in Scarlett consoles in the racks.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's going to be worse. Microsoft has not steered away from Project xCloud being a "console quality" streaming service. It's not going to be anywhere near what Stadia is right now until they start putting in Scarlett consoles in the racks.

That was my point in the stadia thread, Google got the jump on them.  XCloud service but offering MS's long term plan for XCloud this year.

This was a complete u turn from what MS was hyping XCloud to. be THIS YEAR IN BETA. 

Now we get this - XCloud launches next year as remote play and the actual console cloud gaming won't catch up to stadia for a couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That was my point in the stadia thread, Google got the jump on them.  XCloud service but offering MS's long term plan for XCloud this year.

This was a complete u turn from what MS was hyping XCloud to. be THIS YEAR IN BETA. 

Now we get this - XCloud launches next year as remote play and the actual console cloud gaming won't catch up to stadia for a couple of years. 

I think this has always been the case for Project xCloud, it was never going to be anything more than what they originally announced. Stadia is just Stadia and I don't think anyone got blind sided by their showing... which was equally disappointing.

Project xCloud was always going to be a direct competitor to PlayStation Now... Console streaming subscription service. If you're looking for a direct competitor to Stadia then you'll have to look at GeForce Now.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I think this has always been the case for Project xCloud, it was never going to be anything more than what they originally announced. Stadia is just Stadia and I don't think anyone got blind sided by their showing... which was equally disappointing.

Project xCloud was always going to be a direct competitor to PlayStation Now... Console streaming subscription service. If you're looking for a direct competitor to Stadia then you'll have to look at GeForce Now.

Yes that's what XCloud is now... it will get there..... years from now. 

Google is already there 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes that's what XCloud is now... it will get there..... years from now. 

Google is already there 

I don't think it really matters right now. Stadia isn't really doing anything original or amazing and game streaming is in an infant stage.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I don't think it really matters right now. Stadia isn't really doing anything original or amazing and game streaming is in an infant stage.

Yes it's in it's infancy.... but Google is still ahead.  In a few years think of how further ahead they will be and by then XCloud will justtbe catching up to what Stadia is now. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes it's in it's infancy.... but Google is still ahead.  In a few years think of how further ahead they will be and by then XCloud will justtbe catching up to what Stadia is now. 

Yeah their 31 game jump off point should go over well against 2,000+

:tom:

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

With the direction xCloud and PlayStation Now are going it's always going to be that way so there's no real surprise there. I just don't see streaming being that big of an impact in the near future or 6-7 years from now. The problem is accessibility, latency and the infrastructure where the biggest markets would be (US and EU) just isn't there. 5G isn't going to save it either. Just my opinion being in the networking business, regularly testing application performance, and even modifying hardware "accelerators" to assist in areas where applications fail in terms of efficiency/optimization.