Windows Central: "At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-e3-2019-predictions-expectations

We're expecting the new Xbox consoles to come with an all-new OS, based on Windows Core OS, which we've been covering for some time now. Expect an all-new dashboard based on the Fluent Design System, with the speed and fluidity at the forefront. The next Xbox will be fully backward compatible with the existing library on your Xbox One, including X360 and OG Xbox back compatibility.

At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years, games will ship on both the Xbox One consoles and on the new Scarlett consoles, as is typically the case during a generational transition.

No exclusives, everything will still run on your current xbox one. Nightmare situation confirmed, MS will not be doing 'generations' anymore now that they've failed out of the traditional console business.

this also means we're right on streaming, right on no exclusives ever again, right on more games for PC, and then eventually switch and PS as well. :glad: 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will respect Phil Spencer if he still has the nerve to walk onstage at E3 with the fans knowing that they will have nothing exclusive to their another console that Microsoft wants them to buy (less

We're expecting the new Xbox consoles to come with an all-new OS, based on Windows Core OS, which we've been covering for some time now. Expect an all-new dashboard based on the Fluent Design System, with the speed and fluidity at the forefront. The next Xbox will be fully backward compatible with the existing library on your Xbox One, including X360 and OG Xbox back compatibility. 

At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years, games will ship on both the Xbox One consoles and on the new Scarlett consoles, as is typically the case during a generational transition.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-e3-2019-predictions-expectations

alot of lemming rape today... no scarlet exclusives for a few years :rofls:

Merged the two threads to keep lemming rape centralized. :tophat2:

P.S. not sure why it kept Gouk's title, but Bodycounts post went first...

I will respect Phil Spencer if he still has the nerve to walk onstage at E3 with the fans knowing that they will have nothing exclusive to their another console that Microsoft wants them to buy (less than two years after they coughed up $500).

I want to hear boos emanating from the crowd as he maintains that shit-eating grin of his.:lawl:

• Upvote 1

"We're expecting the new Xbox consoles to come with an all-new OS, based on Windows Core OS, which we've been covering for some time now. Expect an all-new dashboard based on the Fluent Design System, with the speed and fluidity at the forefront. The next Xbox will be fully backward compatible with the existing library on your Xbox One, including X360 and OG Xbox back compatibility. At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years, games will ship on both the Xbox One consoles and on the new Scarlett consoles, as is typically the case during a generational transition."

So who's hyped? All Scarleet games playable on your S/X for 2 years? :ccruise:

Edited by Team 2019

Someone explain to me WHY MS is planning the Lockhart AND Anaconda, what is the special reason that justifies not only one, but TWO new boxes.

Also if they are going to do this shit, they might as well capitalize and use the PS4's 100+ million userbase or something and just admit defeat. I'm serious here, make PS4 games.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

It's good to hear Sony flatout say they believe in "generations" now, warms the heart a bit. After TLOU2/GOT/DS PS4 should be shitbinned for first party games.

Sony said PS4 still their main driver for engagement and profitability for the next 3 years. PS5 AAA exclusives will likely take a while too.

ETIkrbN.png

10 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Sony said PS4 still their main driver for engagement and profitability for the next 3 years. PS5 AAA exclusives will likely take a while too.

ETIkrbN.png

Yeah I know, 100+ million vs building an install base with a $400-$500 console makes sense.

But it doesn't change the fact Sony will provide PS5 exclusives from day to push the system for a faster transition.  If Scarlett doesn't get any exclusives in it's first year it will be a joke.

Also sticking to current gen validates a PS4 port approach for the huge userbase for MS. Calling it now, PS4 ports are on the way.

Edited by Team 2019
18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

So in 2022 MS will still release first party games designed with a 1.8ghz Jaguar CPU, DDR3 RAM (LMAO) and 5400RPM HDD in mind. Sounds AWESOME.

Sounds like high end PC gaming thhbo

If they think their 40 something million One userbase is so critical, might as well through shit at the 100+ million PS4 userbase.

Not this E3, but I'm sure PlayStation game development from MS is already in the works. I mean MS couldn't flatout make it more obvious. The CEO partnership is just a cherry on top.

Edited by Team 2019

I said that Xbox is going to put their resources in Streaming.

This dictates how they develop games that they control (first-party, second-party).

-xCloud is based on Xbox One S hardware

-They want xCloud to succeed, and be their PRIMARY business, moreso than hardware

-Therefore they will develop their first-party games based on Xbox One S specs as the base platform

I literally said that their streaming platform was going to hold back their games, graphically, almost 3 years ago.

The new Xbox hardware is so that they don't lose NEW next-gen third party games. That's all.  Its probably why they weren't all that concerned with trying to out-power PS5.

But now, PS5 might be a little bit more powerful than anticipated that the third parties need Microsoft to tweak their hardware a bit to come close to meeting PS5's baseline specs.