Robert Pattinson (Edward from Twilight) to be the next film version of Batman

Despite the hate the movies got, he's quite a good actor. He got rave reviews for his acting in his last two films: The Lighthouse and High Life.

33 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Despite the hate the movies got, he's quite a good actor. He got rave reviews for his acting in his last two films: The Lighthouse and High Life.

Yeah, the guy can act. He was amazing in what little bit of Lost City of Z he was actually in. I think he also has a pretty good chin for the role, too. No homo. 

Great casting choice if they go with a detective heavy version of Batman. I thought he'd need to bulk up to make the action scenes believable, but a more gadget-oriented and less hand-to-hand combat Batman would be a nice departure, too.

Like I can see where this thing turns into a disaster shoehorning 165-pound Pattinson into some of the fight scenes in the Nolan (Pattinson vs. Bane lol) or Snyder (Pattinson in the warehouse scene lol) movies, but that's not the only version of Batman they can draw from and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Isn't Batman/Bruce Wayne someone who basically borders on having a mental disorder in which he feels compelled to be constantly training and honing his skills and be at his physical peak because he has a compulsion to root out crime and defeat all criminals?

I'm sure he could act intense, but I think he also needs to evoke an intense demeanor in the way he looks. He needs to look like an person who is just scary standing there.

Ben Affleck looked good as the older Batman who has slowed down a bit.