Weird ass PS CEO Comment on possible future consoles

What I think is: I actually don't know. I've been around awhile, and I sat there in 2012 and listened to all sorts of smart people tell me that mobile and that the PlayStation 4 was going to be the most terrible failure ever.

The logic was actually hard to fault. But we believed in that product then, we believe in this next generation product now -- who knows how it might evolve? Hybrid models between console and some sort of cloud model? Possibly that. I just don't know. And if I did know, I wouldn't tell you.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people now trying to ret-con what was promised with the cloud and Crackdown 3?   From the beginning they said that "the cloud" would be how they gain a power advantage over your Xbox gam

LMAO bu but the cows said (before) that cloud augmented computing on the console was bullshit :tom: 

Of course as soon as Sony mentions something about it... it's possible and now they're open to the idea.. but it's weird :fag: 

:reg: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO bu but the cows said (before) that cloud augmented computing on the console was bullshit :tom: 

Of course as soon as Sony mentions something about it... it's possible and now they're open to the idea.. but it's weird :fag: 

:reg: 

We've been speculating Lockhart might work like this for a few months.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We've been speculating Lockhart might work like this for a few months.

Dude... don't even fucking TRY :lul: 

I dealt with enough shit from you and Jehurey alone on this topic since SS.net...  I'll bury your ass if you try to back peddle on this :hest: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude... don't even fucking TRY :lul: 

I dealt with enough shit from you and Jehurey alone on this topic since SS.net...  I'll bury your ass if you try to back peddle on this :hest: 

"Whoaaa dude... whatever do you mean... we've been talking about this since forever"

I hate nothing more than when people do this shit. 

Aza's right, Lockhart has been speculated to be a console/cloud hybrid since we first found out it was going to be weaker.

No one is against the idea of having workloads offloaded to the cloud, but lemmings made it a joke when it was being introduced into Crackdown 3 and Microsoft touting the technology as some viable solution during the time period.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Aza's right, Lockhart has been speculated to be a console/cloud hybrid since we first found out it was going to be weaker.

No one is against the idea of having workloads offloaded to the cloud, but lemmings made it a joke when it was being introduced into Crackdown 3 and Microsoft touting the technology as some viable solution during the time period.

LMAO no.

You guys were flat out laughing at the idea of the cloud sharing computational workloads within games on Xbox One.  When the Crackdown "downgrade" happened... you guys completely doubled down on the fact.

I see now you're trying to tie it to "a time period"... as if you always knew it would work but it just wasn't ready yet... lmao don't even.

I remember it clearly.  Especially Jerry though... that dude laughed at "the cloud" every chance he could.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO no.

You guys were flat out laughing at the idea of the cloud sharing computational workloads within games on Xbox One.  When the Crackdown "downgrade" happened... you guys completely doubled down on the fact.

I see now you're trying to tie it to "a time period"... as if you always knew it would work but it just wasn't ready yet... lmao don't even.

I remember it clearly.  Especially Jerry though... that dude laughed at "the cloud" every chance he could.

Microsoft and the lemmings made it a running joke and cows made fun of them, naturally. Look how that venture turned out? Crackdown 3 never even got close to realizing the original vision and was watered down significantly. Cows doubled down and rightfully so... because lemmings, including yourself, hyped this shit up like it was something no one else could do... it was "teh powa of teh cloudz :tard:". Turns out not even Microsoft could make it happen. :D

Anyways, Lockhart has been speculated to be a console/cloud hybrid since we first heard about it, but with all of the rumors floating around I think people gave up on that idea... especially after Crackdown 3 released.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Anyways, Lockhart has been speculated to be a console/cloud hybrid since we first heard about it

I've not seen this once from ANYONE and especially not from anyone here, you guys are flat out full of shit. 

:hest:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I've not seen this once from ANYONE and especially not from anyone here, you guys are flat out full of shit. 

:hest:

Ignorance is bliss. I've seen it speculated several times. Not my problem you don't read into speculative discussions.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Ignorance is bliss. I've seen it speculated several times. Not my problem you don't read into speculative discussions.

I have 18,000 posts here, I'm on ResetEra, I'm on Gaf, I'm on SystemWars, I'm on IGN...

No one has said this shit, no one, and especially no one here. You guys are playing the revisionist history game flipping things around because you believe it may happen now and want to say "See I told you so!"...

What Lockhart has been speculated as is a 1080p variant of Anaconda, not a split rendering device. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I have 18,000 posts here, I'm on ResetEra, I'm on Gaf, I'm on SystemWars, I'm on IGN...

No one has said this shit, no one, and especially no one here. You guys are playing the revisionist history game flipping things around because you believe it may happen now and want to say "See I told you so!"...

What Lockhart has been speculated as is a 1080p variant of Anaconda, not a split rendering device. 

Like I said, ignorance is bliss. Just because you don't pay attention to shit doesn't mean it wasn't discussed. Many, many people were discussing Lockhart to be a console that tied into the cloud for games before we even knew it was called Lockhart. Where the fuck were you at? It was even reported in the media.

We're not flipping shit around, you're just a dipshit.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Like I said, ignorance is bliss. Just because you don't pay attention to shit doesn't mean it wasn't discussed. Many, many people were discussing Lockhart to be a console that tied into the cloud for games before we even knew it was called Lockhart. Where the fuck were you at? It was even reported in the media.

We're not flipping shit around, you're just a dipshit.

Lockhart isn't that, and it's never been conflated with being that...

:kaz:

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Microsoft and the lemmings made it a running joke and cows made fun of them, naturally. Look how that venture turned out? Crackdown 3 never even got close to realizing the original vision and was watered down significantly. Cows doubled down and rightfully so... because lemmings, including yourself, hyped this shit up like it was something no one else could do... it was "teh powa of teh cloudz :tard:". Turns out not even Microsoft could make it happen. :D

Anyways, Lockhart has been speculated to be a console/cloud hybrid since we first heard about it, but with all of the rumors floating around I think people gave up on that idea... especially after Crackdown 3 released.

Nobody hyped it up like it was something nobody else could do... it IS capable of doing things that no single console is doing...  You guys twist shit around like no others :tom: 

MS could, and did make it happen.  That tech demo doesn't go away because the game turned out like shit.  The game has to be readable and playable...  It has to have a structure to it...

I always said that this was just the beginning of where it would go.  And it absolutely is...

You guys always downplay future looking technologies and claim that it's all over hyped...  Same shit with ray tracing when Nvidia announced it.  But now that there's rumors of consoles supporting it and using it... it's all neat.. :rofl: 

Its the same shit every time.  I look at the tech and can visualize its use and implementation in future games.. but you fags talk about the here and now and try to blast me for it.. :francis: 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Lockhart isn't that, and it's never been conflated with being that...

:kaz:

I guess you're just going to continue to be a dumbshit so we can end this right here.