Weird ass PS CEO Comment on possible future consoles

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people now trying to ret-con what was promised with the cloud and Crackdown 3?   From the beginning they said that "the cloud" would be how they gain a power advantage over your Xbox gam

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Jez the MS dude. Looks like PSN might be moving to Azure. Like I suggested.

"Heard a few rumors Sony might be working on a big infrastructure/platform update for PSN in time for PS5. They're not resting on their laurels when it comes to cloud it seems."

:hehe: 

Well, its online hosting........anything that Sony does that requires online hosting, why would they only move SOME of their online hosting needs and not ALL of their online hosting needs?

Why would they use Azure servers for certain things, but still keep AWS for others? That's doesn't make any sense, it'd probably cost them more having everything spread out over multiple companies.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well, its online hosting........anything that Sony does that requires online hosting, why would they only move SOME of their online hosting needs and not ALL of their online hosting needs?

Why would they use Azure servers for certain things, but still keep AWS for others? That's doesn't make any sense, it'd probably cost them more having everything spread out over multiple companies.

MS just clearly outbid/out bargained Amazon, and I'm sure they added other sweeteners beyond just a better price deal

Just now, Team 2019 said:

MS just clearly outbid/out bargained Amazon, and I'm sure they added other sweeteners beyond just a better price deal

Sony gave them that "imaging AI" tech. And probably just got a discount for moving their stuff to Azure data centers.

I don't know why people are making this deal any more complicated than it has to be, we got the most pertinent information from the very beginning.

I don't know how good Sony is doing in the "imaging" industry, but I bet they don't mind finding somebody to buy (or license) their imaging tech.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Sony gave them that "imaging AI" tech. And probably just got a discount for moving their stuff to Azure data centers.

I don't know why people are making this deal any more complicated than it has to be, we got the most pertinent information from the very beginning.

I don't know how good Sony is doing in the "imaging" industry, but I bet they don't mind finding somebody to buy (or license) their imaging tech.

From my understanding, the word is the deal between Sony and AWS on expanding went sour during negotiations and Microsoft approached Sony. Right now Sony is a leader in the imaging space so I'm sure both companies ironed out the possibilities of sharing and working together using each others technologies.

At the end of the day and needless to say, this is pretty standard business as usual. Sony wants to expand, Microsoft approached them and now they're exploring the possibilities. This isn't something Microsoft is doing to "integrate" the industry or some hostile takeover, that's beyond retarded and only DipshitCop could muster up something that stupid.

As anyone with common sense and knows how the cloud business runs you don't run everything in the cloud, it's just not ideal for some applications. Sony will continue to leverage their existing infrastructure which is already quite large... bigger than Xbox Live, and expand as needed.

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Or Microsoft simply has a better and more evolved network with tools equipped for exactly what Sony needs to move forward.

Clearly AWS has some issues with uptime, network consistency and download speeds which Xbox does not experience on Azure so the choice seems obvious.

37 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or Microsoft simply has a better and more evolved network with tools equipped for exactly what Sony needs to move forward.

Clearly AWS has some issues with uptime, network consistency and download speeds which Xbox does not experience on Azure so the choice seems obvious.

No.