JezCorden: “I tried Project xCloud at Xbox's E3 2019 show. It is real. It is insane.”

So many buzzwords then he talks about lag and other shit.

“I played a 10-minute segment of one of Halo 5's early levels, up to the point you battle two Hunters for the first time. The lag was noticeable, but totally and completely playable, and more than adequate for an offline shooter. There were occasional instances of artifacting here and there, and you probably won't want to get competitive on it, but the audio delivery, the responsiveness of the controls, and the visuals were all incredibly impressive, vastly exceeding what I would ever have expected”

“Now, as I noted, you could certainly tell you were playing over an internet connection. It seems Microsoft has yet to figure out how to circumvent the laws of physics to that end. But if I were to compare the latency, it was far less aggressive than simply turning off "Game Mode" on my QLED TV. Aiming and trigger pulls were right where you'd need them to be, responsive, and precise. I had wondered if the more difficult fight against the Hunters in that early Halo 5 segment would have been tough to get through on xCloud, but nope, getting around the back and popping precise shots into the orange wormy weak points was a breeze. Quite truly, I was left stunned.”

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Bear in mind he was connecting to a server in Quincy, WA from Los Angeles.

The Giantbomb guys, who would be given the same demo from the same MS reps, were told that they were connecting to a data center from the Bay Area.

Why do people think GamePass is automatically going to be offered through xCloud? At the same price?

Why would Microsoft give you discounted games, and then also shoulder the cost of maintaining servers and paying bandwidth for you to play those discounted games?

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Why do people think GamePass is automatically going to be offered through xCloud? At the same price?

Why would Microsoft give you discounted games, and then also shoulder the cost of maintaining servers and paying bandwidth for you to play those discounted games?

Maybe Google one upped them on pricing, service or something, or upped them on some technical front a few days before. That's why they basically gave no info. Which once again means they fucked something up in their planning. Which at this point wouldn't surprise anyone.

The whole gaming division is a disaster getting the benefits of the successful cloud division.

Edited by Team 2019

People expecting this to be vastly superior to PlayStation Now or Stadia are going to be extremely disappointed. It's going to be on par or worse.

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

People expecting this to be vastly superior to PlayStation Now or Stadia are going to be extremely disappointed. It's going to be on par or worse.

Forget tech. We don't know the business model for this thing which makes it even more of a joke. That's more important than tech here.

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Forget tech. We don't know the business model for this thing which makes it even more of a joke. That's more important than tech here.

I don't think so. The technology behind this way of playing games is make or break, especially if it's a streaming only option. If it works beyond expectations people will pay for an instant library of games regardless.