Supposed next-gen PlayStation APU (Gonzalo) scores 20K+ in Firestrike benchmark test.

If RT hardware is taking up die space, it such a waste of space. It's not like RT will ever be used in any AAA game because of the performance cost and it seems it only accelerates lighting from AMD's roadmap. You ain't getting the full package. It's just a waste for 90 percent of games.

Just look at RTX benchmarks that costs more than the PS5 and Scarlett combined. It's unrealistic on consoles.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

If RT hardware is taking up die space, it such a waste of space. It's not like RT will ever be used in any AAA game because of the performance cost and it seems it only accelerates lighting from AMD's roadmap. You ain't getting the full package. It's just a waste for 90 percent of games.

Just look at RTX benchmarks that costs more than the PS5 and Scarlett combined. It's unrealistic on consoles.

I don't think we'll be seeing implementations like on RTX.

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

My 2060 can do ray tracing in AAA games . I'm sure the next gen consoles will be able to. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

My 2060 can do ray tracing in AAA games . I'm sure the next gen consoles will be able to. 

Yeah, but that's not the question. Remij's PC that can do like 4K 120fps in Control, has to run Control at 1080p 60fps with RT.

We aren't talking just ress and framerate either, we'll probably have to sacrifice graphics and assets on top for RT. I don't really think the performance level is there for RT to be implemented in a realstic manner. 

PS5 and Scarlett are nowhere near his PC either. RT I can see in a Pro revision added to base PS5 games, but currently I don't think it's realstically possible without sacrifices that aren't just worth it.

I mean , rtx is a flop . I'm not arguing that.  But I bet the next consoles will have an option for 1080p with AMDs form of upscaling with ray tracing comparable to the 2060 .

I mean you always say resolution doesnt matter,  right ? 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I mean , rtx is a flop . I'm not arguing that.  But I bet the next consoles will have an option for 1080p with AMDs form of upscaling with ray tracing comparable to the 2060 .

I mean you always say resolution doesnt matter,  right ? 

These are closed boxes. You have to compromise somewhere to get a certain fidelity. Sometimes your game is 30fps instead of 60, sometimes it's 1800p or 1440p. The balance of these things are upto developers. But RT eat intos the budget big time of a closed box big time. Yeah it would be amazing if everyone could get 4K 60 with RT. But that just isn't happening, and that's just on the res and performance side. Nevermind asset downgrades and compromise there.

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Yeah, but that's not the question. Remij's PC that can do like 4K 120fps in Control, has to run Control at 1080p 60fps with RT.

We aren't talking just ress and framerate either, we'll probably have to sacrifice graphics and assets on top for RT. I don't really think the performance level is there for RT to be implemented in a realstic manner. 

PS5 and Scarlett are nowhere near his PC either. RT I can see in a Pro revision added to base PS5 games, but currently I don't think it's realstically possible without sacrifices that aren't just worth it.

Thing is, the Turing architecture has huge architectural improvements which aren't even being taken advantage of for the most part yet.  It has a completely new shader pipeline and capabilities which games aren't being programmed for yet.  When you look at RT implementations in games released so far... none of those games have been built from the ground up with considerations for Ray tracing... they have ALL been tacked on after the fact.  Secondly, none of those games currently released are taking advantage of Turings mesh shaders (geometry shaders)  and task shaders, and only Wolfenstein so far is using the variable rate shading.  I know for a fact that Navi and next gen consoles and games are going to be build around and support geometry/task shaders, as well as variable rate shading and other architectural improvements.  I'd suspect we're talking huge increases in performance up to 30% or so, possibly more in CPU limited cases, depending on the scene.   This new pipeline moves the object list processing off of the CPU, which wastes valuable CPU cycles and moves it onto the GPU.  Nvidia wasn't playing when they said that RTX was the biggest architectural improvement/change since they introduced programmable shaders with Geforce 3.  This literally was the turning point.

Other improvements as well.. and that's just strictly speaking about traditional raster performance.  Ray tracing implementations are getting better all the time.  Developers are learning still, and by the time the consoles come, many of these developers will be on their 2nd or 3rd shipping games with RT.  These developers all share and help each other as well.  GDC19 was essentially 80% ray tracing shit lmao..  Their implementations will be better.. APIs will be better, drivers will be better, their engines will be better... the hardware will be better..  and they will actually be designing around it, if they so choose.  They aren't going to be as limited as you may think...  Obviously they aren't going to completely waste all their power on RT things which aren't necessary..  I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Again.. we'll all see the games, and they will look fucking amazing.. and nobody will give a fuck that they're "wasting power with RT".... lmao no.  People will begin to understand just how much better things will be with RT effects and lighting.

All the platforms will support RT... it's the absolute best outcome. :blessed: 

Playstation exclusives with RT gets me excited.  We're not ready brehs :wow2: