PushSquare: Sources Indicate Playstation Bidding For Remedy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cows are dumb 

This guy tried arguing that crash was a ps1 port lmao . He's an idiot , a retard , he might be Jerry's brother .

It's a perfect fit though. Look at what the Sony marketing machine did for Days Gone, same type of game that Remedy makes, same middling reception yet unlike alan wake and QB, it went on to sell gangbusters.

Alan Wake with Sony behind it would be another platinum selling title. 

this one acquisition alone DESTROYS MS's bargain bin studios. :D 

There's no source, it's just a bunch of idiots playing connect the far reaching dots without trying to make any sense of it because... idiots...

Shu made a visit to Housemarque a month or so back (a PS4 developer) and then dropped by Remedy who is also in the area, they have a marketing deal with them for Control so this is not shocking.

As far as Alan Wake is concerned Remedy always owned the IP they just didn't have publishing control over the first game. With the royalty payout they received from Microsoft publishing rights were reverted as part of it instead of additional money. It was a dead IP not being used, and not generating money for Microsoft any longer. It made more sense for Microsoft to discard it instead of putting up more cash in the payout.

It saves them money and gives Remedy income potential for the game on other platforms whether as a port or remaster effort.

To add more to this Remedy is investor owned and they have a board, they are not a private company and cannot simply be acquired without a unanimous vote and investor consent; unless there is a hostile takeover.

They also lavish in PC development, they are not fans of console only games. The entire reason Quantum Break got a PC port is because of their push for it. A Sony acquisition flies in the face of their interests and want for their games to be on PC.

They're also in development for another PC/Xbox One game presently (Crossfire X) which comes out in 2020. 

They may partner for a game on PS4/PC but acquisition doesn't stand a chance in hell of happening. They enjoy their independence, choosing publishers, projects and platforms. You guys are living in a fucking pipe dream.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

either way Alan Wake is going to PS4/5

They'll likely spruce it up as a remaster and release everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they dipped into Switch. I doubt Alan Wake 2 will ever happen, there was nothing ever stopping that from being developed.

Another huge loss for MS. Your fanbase is starving for SP games and Remedy is literally the only one who made a decent SP 'exclusive' for them this generation. If you can find the money for Double-fine, inXile, have 2billion to acquire minecraft... Remedy is a no brainer.

Just give alan wake away. Give banjo-kazooie away. Hell why not just give insomniac the rights to sunset back. maybe sony will do a sequel.

It would literally kill phil spencer to give his fans what they want. :rofl: 

also 505 games got control publishing rights for like 5 million. Remedy is being seriously undervalued right now because their past 2 games with MS were sales failures. 

The truth is though, the Xflop fanbase couldn't support those games and remedy suffered solely because they were xbox exclusive. their games are high quality and everyone knows it, sony can get these guys for a steal, it would be stupid not to. Remedy right now is the deal of a lifetime, a high quality dev coming off of two sales failures.... they have potential out the ass.

Edited by Bodycount N
4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Another huge loss for MS. Your fanbase is starving for SP games and Remedy is literally the only one who made a decent SP 'exclusive' for them this generation. If you can find the money for Double-fine, inXile, have 2billion to acquire minecraft... Remedy is a no brainer.

Just give alan wake away. Give banjo-kazooie away. Hell why not just give insomniac the rights to sunset back. maybe sony will do a sequel.

It would literally kill phil spencer to give his fans what they want. :rofl: 

Did it ever cross your mind that they don't want to be acquired?

They didn't give Alan Wake away they sold it to Remedy to offset royalty payouts.

Sony will do a sequel to a game they refused to fund because Insomniac wouldn't relinquish IP ownership to them? Right...

You've got brain damage.

15 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

also 505 games got control publishing rights for like 5 million. Remedy is being seriously undervalued right now because their past 2 games with MS were sales failures. 

The truth is though, the Xflop fanbase couldn't support those games and remedy suffered solely because they were xbox exclusive. their games are high quality and everyone knows it, sony can get these guys for a steal, it would be stupid not to. Remedy right now is the deal of a lifetime, a high quality dev coming off of two sales failures.... they have potential out the ass.

It was $8.45 million, and Remedy has less than half of their personal stake in the game. It has nothing to do with being undervalued, the game doesn't have or need exorbitant cost to be developed and you're not factoring in marketing costs. They already had a voice actor cued up from Quantum Break and engine cost and development out of the way also from Quantum Break. 

It's a AA level project, it's very much a Hellblade level venture with a larger staff where the lions share of the work involved both graphically and mechanically precedes the actual development of this particular game.  

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Did it ever cross your mind that they don't want to be acquired?

They didn't give Alan Wake away they sold it to Remedy to offset royalty payouts.

Sony will do a sequel to a game they refused to fund because Insomniac wouldn't relinquish IP ownership to them? Right...

You've got brain damage.

This is coming from a guy arguing EA, Insomniac and Platinum Games want to get bought out by MS. :D

Edited by Team 2019

Looks like it's true that Remedy is trying to sell itself off. And discussions are happening.

ZhugeEX said:
I can probably guess the sources they talked to, given the Remedy stuff has been making the rounds.

I'd have to look into it more. I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe a deal has happened at this point. Only that it was explored.

Edited by Team 2019
9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Looks like it's true that Remedy is trying to sell itself off. And discussions are happening.

ZhugeEX said:
I can probably guess the sources they talked to, given the Remedy stuff has been making the rounds.

I'd have to look into it more. I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe a deal has happened at this point. Only that it was explored.

Guy is straight talking out of his ass, he's just doing his typical "I don't actually know anything but I'm going to interject as if I do" game.

Prerequisites for being an "insider"

Be vague and non-specific, cite sources without citing who these sources are, provide generalities around some possible events and then give yourself an out in the event it doesn't pan out.

This shit is getting old. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Guy is straight talking out of his ass, he's just doing his typical "I don't actually know anything but I'm going to interject as if I do" game.

Prerequisites for being an "insider"

Be vague and non-specific, cite sources without citing who these sources are, provide generalities around some possible events and then give yourself an out in the event it doesn't pan out.

This shit is getting old. 

:ANYWORD:

He actually works in the industry you dolt.  That makes him an insider. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

:ANYWORD:

He actually works in the industry you dolt.  That makes him an insider. 

He doesn't work in shit, the guy is a fucking pencil pusher working outside of the industry for a market research  firm collecting analytics and compiling them.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He doesn't work in shit, the guy is a fucking pencil pusher working outside of the industry for a market research  firm collecting analytics and compiling them.

A Market research firm in which industry? :sass1:

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Them researching the video game industry doesn't make them a part of it or "in" it. 

You're retarded.

Direct from the his firm's website

"We’ve helped game publishers, platforms, hardware makers in the West and in Asia understand and succeed in the world’s largest and fastest growing games markets.

Bbbut he doesn't work in the industry :lemming: