Ray Tracing is overrated (not even trolling)

It's not even just about the effect themselves... but the fact that you're actually simulating the effect instead of faking it means that it actually works in a dynamic way.  It doesn't break the illusion.  Once you get used to games where the illusion isn't broken... going back and seeing a traditional game, it will become obvious how broken they are... that's what I'm trying to say.

Control is a horrible game, story and gameplay wise, but it is great at showing off ray tracing.  Not superb, there are things I noticed right away that are flawed and that the water/blood you will find in puddles on the floor/ground throughout the game, you step into it and see no trail as you step out of it.    

I thought ray tracing looked great in Call of Duty Modern Warfare though.  Highly recommend playing the single campaign of that game for Ray tracing experience than Remedy's Control.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Control is a horrible game, story and gameplay wise, but it is great at showing off ray tracing.  Not superb, there are things I noticed right away that are flawed and that the water/blood you will find in puddles on the floor/ground throughout the game, you step into it and see no trail as you step out of it.    

19z748.jpg