Sony's new Gesture based VR/AR UI supports Microsoft and Nintendo devices

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I've expressed this position multiple times for VR. Easy porting and better hardware sales for VR.

:sabu: PSVR BEST ON PC

bu bu I said this is what should happen !!! :dead2:

27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

https://respawnfirst.com/new-gesture-based-vr-ar-ui-vr-psvr2-ps5/

And Aza favorite insider Matt chimed in...

sss.png

Yes... yes they are.  SOME of us realize it... others need more convincing.  PC versions of their games is the beginning.  HZD best on PC @jehurey :hehe:  

So if you can find evident of hardware UI.

...........you must have actual evidence of game development occuring for other platforms, right?

RIght??????????????

Because this could simply indicate that Sony may simply allow you to use third-party hardware to use their VR, or simply sell their VR hardware to be used by other consoles to sell their own VR games on without Nintendo having to make their own VR hardware.

Or Sony is pretty much telling any company that they can program for their VR game should they want to put a game on PS5.

Its funny seeing this "smoking guns".........that aren't smoking. lol

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or allow PC headsets to be used on it as well. 

Exactly.  Oculus, Vive and Index should all work on PS5 and Xbox too.  Basically all 3 of those support the same input capabilities at a minimum.. with the Index having finger tracking.  Devs could make their games work across all headsets.

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's already starting @Remij_ :lawl:

To be fair to him, he has maintained that position for a while.

If only fanboys would realize that it's the same for both VR and regular games...

Phil started the trend.  Sony is gonna follow him :smoke: 

Edited by Remij_
15 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's already starting @Remij_ :lawl:

k9LJJS2.jpg

It like making Dualshock 5 work standard with PC. It's a logical that costs nothing and has endless benefits. They make a shitload off controller sales, why not VR since it even helps their VR platform on PS5.

Edited by Team 2019
14 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Exactly.  Oculus, Vive and Index should all work on PS5 and Xbox too.  Basically all 3 of those support the same input capabilities at a minimum.. with the Index having finger tracking.  Devs could make their games work across all headsets.

And then Lockhart happened which will be 2/3rd of the XBox sales next gen.

I don't think MS cares enough for VR since they don't make VR games.

16 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Too much fractioning for a console imo and they have their own headset to sell.

Meaning allow your PC headset and controllers to work with future PS games..

Essentially Sony could design the games to support all the headsets on PS5 and on PC they would be supported through Steam and Oculus.

That would be the best for everyone.  Sony and Oculus allowing their games on both PS5 and PC would do wonders to speed up adoption.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Meaning allow your PC headset and controllers to work with future PS games..

Essentially Sony could design the games to support all the headsets on PS5 and on PC they would be supported through Steam and Oculus.

That would be the best for everyone.  Sony and Oculus allowing their games on both PS5 and PC would do wonders to speed up adoption.

Speaking of PS5 specifically I think there are too many advantages for designing for one headset and one standard control scheme.

Want options? Go PC.

Plus PC headsets have many variables and are higher end by nature. Not a good PS5 fit. Maybe XBox. Sure. Since they have no native MS solution.

Edited by Team 2019
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Speaking of PS5 specifically I think there are too many advantages for designing for one headset and one standard control scheme.

Want options? Go PC.

Plus PC headsets have many variables and are higher end by nature. Not a good PS5 fit. Maybe XBox. Sure. Since they have no native MS solution.

Well yea.. We're talking strictly as what would be better for consumers/the industry.

Of course developing for a single spec is best for developers... but we're at the point where the headsets listed all support a certain level of functionality... so you could and should be able to make your game work across those devices easily enough.  I dunno if PSVR2 will have some unique functionality that completely separates it from the rest.. but I guess we'll see.