Oninaki from Tokyo RPG Factory and Square Enix is fucking great.

I hated their previous titles, I Am Setsuna was really disappointing, and Lost Sphere demo was enough for me to skip on it, so I didnt even look into Oninaki when it came out last year. Turns out its a really addictive isometric hack n slash JRPG with a cool art direction, music and excellent gameplay. I highly recommend it to JRPGs fans looking for something different. I cant stop playing it personally.

Available for PS4, Switch and PC. Dont skip this one, fuck reviewers who gave it a low score.

37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I hated their previous titles, I Am Setsuna was really disappointing, and Lost Sphere demo was enough for me to skip on it, so I didnt even look into Oninaki when it came out last year. Turns out its a really addictive isometric hack n slash JRPG with a cool art direction, music and excellent gameplay. I highly recommend it to JRPGs fans looking for something different. I cant stop playing it personally.

Available for PS4, Switch and PC. Dont skip this one, fuck reviewers who gave it a low score.

How's the Xbox1 version? :trump3:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

idk. Traditional reviews are a mixed bag but this game has a pretty low rating on steam, and people who review it there are usually way more lenient.

Game is fantastic and Im pretty far in it. Only complain that I would have is that its a bit too easy but theres a hard difficulty, which I havent tried yet.

Im not bullshitting anyone, I give it my highest recommendation. Its not for everyone but its quality through and through.

Just now, Ramza said:

Game is fantastic and Im pretty far in it. Only complain that I would have is that its a bit too easy but theres a hard difficulty, which I havent tried yet.

Im not bullshitting anyone, I give it my highest recommendation. Its not for everyone but its quality through and through.

How many hours have you played it for? The main complaint is that it gets extremely repetitive later on.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How many hours have you played it for? The main complaint is that it gets extremely repetitive later on.

Hard to say, maybe 15-20 hours. It hasnt gotten stale yet, I get new deamons constantly and they all bring their own playstyles and skills trees to unlock.

New enemies types doesnt come all that often tho, but its not all that bad either.

The end game might get stale, maybe. I should finish the game in a week or two, Ill tell you if my opinion has changed by then.

Anyway, I find the core gameplay loop satisfying enough that I doubt it will ever get boring to me. But thats just me.

8 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Demo feels clunky am I missing something.

The feel of combat changes a lot depending on your deamons and skills.

But its never as smooth as something like Wonderful 101 of course, its not exactly that type of game.

5 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

was a fun indie JRPG from what i played in the demo

It probably makes for a great Switch game especially, since the visuals are pretty basic from a technical point.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Played a bit of the demo and wasn't feeling it either. Sorry breh :yeshrug:

Its alright, the last chapter is definitely over stretching itself and overstaying its welcome, so I wouldnt have recommended it to you anyway.

I was going for the platinum but fuck that.