First screenshots of The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, coming to PC, PS5 and XSX

42 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

With Twinblade's logic, the LEGO Star Wars games are big budget titles because they have the Star Wars license... :hest:

Thats a bad comparison. But regardless of the budget this is a UE4 game, so if anything it would be a better graphical showcase than next gen games built by less knowledgeable studios on proprietary engines.

The fact that this AND Godfall have been underwhelming graphically should be cause for concern. And I expect that trend to continue as more next gen games are revealed.

44 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

With Twinblade's logic, the LEGO Star Wars games are big budget titles because they have the Star Wars license... :hest:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, tremendous tremendous budget. :trump:

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats a bad comparison. But regardless of the budget this is a UE4 game, so if anything it would be a better graphical showcase than next gen games built by less knowledgeable studios on proprietary engines.

The fact that this AND Godfall have been underwhelming graphically should be cause for concern. And I expect that trend to continue as more next gen games are revealed.

I think you'll be surprised.

Like dude... there's current gen games... and within that bracket of games there are AAA productions like TLOU2, God of War, RDR2, and Detroit... and then there's garbage at the other end.  It's all running on the same hardware... it's all in the same generation..

Give devs a bit of time to actually get going.  They probably haven't even had real dev kits since about a year ago..  You're going to see a AAA Sony game... and you're going to shit your pants dude... you know damn well it's coming.  These consoles have something FAR more going for them than the previous generation, and even the gen before that... and that is the CPU.

There will be a BIG difference between current gen, and next gen when they start pumping out those games.  Trust me.

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I think you'll be surprised.

Like dude... there's current gen games... and within that bracket of games there are AAA productions like TLOU2, God of War, RDR2, and Detroit... and then there's garbage at the other end.  It's all running on the same hardware... it's all in the same generation..

Give devs a bit of time to actually get going.  They probably haven't even had real dev kits since about a year ago..  You're going to see a AAA Sony game... and you're going to shit your pants dude... you know damn well it's coming.  These consoles have something FAR more going for them than the previous generation, and even the gen before that... and that is the CPU.

There will be a BIG difference between current gen, and next gen when they start pumping out those games.  Trust me.

The first next gen games revealed at the end of last gen were more impressive. Even shit like Knack was doing cool things from a technical perspective.

Also, take another look at UC4. It was released close to the beginning of the gen, here we are 4 years later and nothing has even managed to reach the fidelity of the below scene. If thats not a sign of diminishing returns then nothing is....

GiftedFlawlessAmericanratsnake.gif

Just now, Twinblade said:

The first next gen games revealed at the end of last gen were more impressive. Even shit like Knack was doing cool things from a technical perspective.

Just look at UC4. It was released close to the beginning of the gen, here we are 4 years later and nothing has even managed to reach the fidelity of this scene. If thats not a sign of diminishing returns then nothing is....

GiftedFlawlessAmericanratsnake.gif

:snoop: 

7 minutes ago, モンキー said:

giphy.gifGlumWeeAngora-size_restricted.gif

dImINiShInG rEtUrNs

:hest:

Yes, lighting and shaders were the biggest improvement this gen but they can only go so far. Now compare PS2 era DMC with PS3 era DMC. Are you really going to try to convince me that the below jump isn't larger? And thats taking into consideration the fact that there was only a 8 year gap between these 2 games, on the other hand there was a 11 year gap between DMC4 and 5.

Devil-May-Cry-3-Dante-T-Pose-cover-1280x

180308-Dante-DmC_Devil_May_Cry.jpg