Nitendo Online has 15 million subs, Gamepass has 10 million

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Because that's in addition to live subscriptions :cosby2:

But GamePass probably doesn't even get to 10 million subs without them promoting the fact that they can convert their live subscriptions to add GamePass for $1.

So.............you are trying to provide this narrative that people are paying a monthly or annual XBL Gold subscription and then laying down full price for GamePass. Microsoft is slowly merging them together, and not at their original full MSRP.

And then, that's even more impressive when considering Nintendo doesn't really have a true game that pushes online all that much. Unless there is a surge in online subscriptions occurring because Animal Crossing is causing people to want to connect together. Which might be even more impressive, but I don't think that's the case, I think its been steadily growing since Smash Bros last year.

44 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But GamePass probably doesn't even get to 10 million subs without them promoting the fact that they can convert their live subscriptions to add GamePass for $1.

So.............you are trying to provide this narrative that people are paying a monthly or annual XBL Gold subscription and then laying down full price for GamePass. Microsoft is slowly merging them together, and not at their original full MSRP.

And then, that's even more impressive when considering Nintendo doesn't really have a true game that pushes online all that much. Unless there is a surge in online subscriptions occurring because Animal Crossing is causing people to want to connect together. Which might be even more impressive, but I don't think that's the case, I think its been steadily growing since Smash Bros last year.

Convincing people to subscribe to multiple services on the same device is a tough sell....  It's why PS Now subscriptions are abysmal despite having way more time on the market, way more of a potential market, and "better games"...

MS knows this... and will smartly consolidate their services under one package over time so that people can just subscribe and get the benefits without having to sign up and manage multiple subscriptions.  Nobody likes that shit.  I'm not trying to convince anybody that 10 million people are laying down full price at this moment.  They'll get to their target price eventually, once they get a sizable enough base of recurring subscribers, as well as if they can build up a better list of exclusive games to the platform.

Yea.. Nintendo is definitely ripping off their customers with regards to Nintendo Online.. I agree with you there.. that definitely is impressive.

Gamepass is supposed to be the next Netflix, but can't match one of the most ghetto online services that uses frienecodes and doesn't have the biggest online games like COD, Destiny, Ghost Recon, Battlefield.

Plus Fortnite on Switch doesn't require Nintendo online. Otherwise the numbers for Nintendo online would be way higher.

It just shows how unimpressive Gamepass's numbers truly are. Nintendo online is pure junk.

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Gamepass is supposed to be the next Netflix, but can't match one of the most ghetto online services that uses frienecodes and doesn't have the biggest online games like COD, Destiny, Ghost Recon, Battlefield.

Plus Fortnite on Switch doesn't require Nintendo online. Otherwise the numbers for Nintendo online would be way higher.

It just shows how unimpressive Gamepass's numbers truly are. Nintendo online is pure junk.

What the FUCK are you even talking about you god damn idiot?  You're comparing an online service sub, to a game service sub.... which ALSO requires a Live subscription to play online..

Xbox Live subs dwarf Nintendo's online numbers... PLUS they have 10 million subbing to gamepass....

You're trying REALLY hard to hate on what is currently the most successful game subscription service out there. :shrug: 

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Aza stupid as fuck

Pretty much. This is every one of his threads

Makes stupid thread

gets raped by poster

ignores poster and continues on with some weird tangent believing his original claims

gets raped by another poster

continues to ignore posters and make stupid claims 

rinse and repeat every thread ever

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Convincing people to subscribe to multiple services on the same device is a tough sell....  It's why PS Now subscriptions are abysmal despite having way more time on the market, way more of a potential market, and "better games"...

MS knows this... and will smartly consolidate their services under one package over time so that people can just subscribe and get the benefits without having to sign up and manage multiple subscriptions.  Nobody likes that shit.  I'm not trying to convince anybody that 10 million people are laying down full price at this moment.  They'll get to their target price eventually, once they get a sizable enough base of recurring subscribers, as well as if they can build up a better list of exclusive games to the platform.

Yea.. Nintendo is definitely ripping off their customers with regards to Nintendo Online.. I agree with you there.. that definitely is impressive.

LOL, I know you're trying to find things to make yourself feel better, but Nintendo is pricing their online service accordingly.

Its MS services who are having to change in services AND price because people view its value differently than 10 years ago.

Microsoft may have trouble getting people to commit to $10 a month for 100 games and all of their first/second party games. Microsoft doesn't even tell us people who are paying for XBL Gold anymore, for a few years now.

They are consolidating to try and keep their paying subscribers to keep on thinking that they should keep their accounts alive.

If Nintendo has 15 million subs within its first 18 months (Sept 2018), think about that,  subscribers at launch would have had to renew again, and it seems like they have. The amount of subs for that service is dependent on Switch owners having a game that is driving their need to play online.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, I know you're trying to find things to make yourself feel better, but Nintendo is pricing their online service accordingly.

Its MS services who are having to change in services AND price because people view its value differently than 10 years ago.

Microsoft may have trouble getting people to commit to $10 a month for 100 games and all of their first/second party games. Microsoft doesn't even tell us people who are paying for XBL Gold anymore, for a few years now.

They are consolidating to try and keep their paying subscribers to keep on thinking that they should keep their accounts alive.

If Nintendo has 15 million subs within its first 18 months (Sept 2018), think about that,  subscribers at launch would have had to renew again, and it seems like they have. The amount of subs for that service is dependent on Switch owners having a game that is driving their need to play online.

Sorry dude... but when you come into the thread peddling that Nintendo's doing impressive despite not having anything to really drive those numbers... you're admitting that the service is shit and not worth the money you're paying for it.  It's impressive how Nintendo takes advantage of their user base... as I said.  Their online is cheap.... but their online is crap.  It's lacking even basic shit.

It's "good enough" for Nintendo gamers... currently... because Nintendo offers JUST enough incentive through other means, such as VC games and probably club points and shit like that.

I'm sure Animal Crossing is driving quite a bit of subs... but I mean whatever.  Comparing Gamepass to Nintendo Online as far as services go is just retarded.  You guys want to try SO fucking hard to make the service sound like it's a flop.  It's the only service of it's kind on consoles, and as far as subs go it completely demolishes PS Now.

MS will consolidate the services and find the right price people are willing to pay... because people don't want MULTIPLE services to think about.  This is how they get PC players footing some of the bill for Xbox Live as well.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Sorry dude... but when you come into the thread peddling that Nintendo's doing impressive despite not having anything to really drive those numbers... you're admitting that the service is shit and not worth the money you're paying for it.  It's impressive how Nintendo takes advantage of their user base... as I said.  Their online is cheap.... but their online is crap.  It's lacking even basic shit.

It's "good enough" for Nintendo gamers... currently... because Nintendo offers JUST enough incentive through other means, such as VC games and probably club points and shit like that.

I'm sure Animal Crossing is driving quite a bit of subs... but I mean whatever.  Comparing Gamepass to Nintendo Online as far as services go is just retarded.  You guys want to try SO fucking hard to make the service sound like it's a flop.  It's the only service of it's kind on consoles, and as far as subs go it completely demolishes PS Now.

MS will consolidate the services and find the right price people are willing to pay... because people don't want MULTIPLE services to think about.  This is how they get PC players footing some of the bill for Xbox Live as well.

But I did explain what is driving those numbers, from the very beginning AND I repeated it again.

The games that have online elements that people end up needing to buy a Nintendo Online sub.........Smash Bros and now Animal Crossing.

Its clearly that there are so many people who have bought those games, that there's a segment of them that are willing to pay for the online.

The thing is Nintendo Online is trying to be anything more than what it is.

GamePass +XBL Gold IS the center of the Xbox Experience.

There is no point in being part of the Xbox platform if you are not going to commit to GamePass + XBL Gold.

And we're clearly seeing Microsoft diminish the monetary value by offering their $1 "Upgrade" . This isn't up for debate. The value of the services are not what they once were. Microsoft is MERGING them to try and keep them afloat.

And like I said, they just announced 10 million subs, and Microsoft stopped giving us hard numbers on XBL Gold years ago.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But I did explain what is driving those numbers, from the very beginning AND I repeated it again.

The games that have online elements that people end up needing to buy a Nintendo Online sub.........Smash Bros and now Animal Crossing.

Its clearly that there are so many people who have bought those games, that there's a segment of them that are willing to pay for the online.

The thing is Nintendo Online is trying to be anything more than what it is.

GamePass +XBL Gold IS the center of the Xbox Experience.

There is no point in being part of the Xbox platform if you are not going to commit to GamePass + XBL Gold.

And we're clearly seeing Microsoft diminish the monetary value by offering their $1 "Upgrade" . This isn't up for debate. The value of the services are not what they once were. Microsoft is MERGING them to try and keep them afloat.

And like I said, they just announced 10 million subs, and Microsoft stopped giving us hard numbers on XBL Gold years ago.

Fair points about the Nintendo stuff... but I do disagree with you on the reason MS is merging GP and Live.  They're going to do it in a way that EVERYONE is paying into it.. all those Live subscriptions will be pulling in more money than ever before.  They're going to do it in a way that makes people believe they're getting good value for the price they are paying.

Right now they are just getting people used to the idea of using the service, and using it in a way that suits them.. such as when a game drops, or all these promotions or whatever... but once they start merging everything, and then PC players are paying some of that Live sub as well and the promotions slowly go away... assuming they have a steady release of new games, subs will likely remain steady.

People have got to stop acting like Gamepass is going to be the only way that MS is going to make money from games?  You keep bringing up 10 million like it's bad they've only just reached that number... but that's 10 million monthly users... who are ALSO buying full priced games...  Why are people acting like 10mil subscribers to a service which AUGMENTS their main business is a bad thing?

It's far and away the most successful service of it's kind... Aza keeps bringing up Netflix, but this isn't like Netflix where their business depends on and revolves entirely around subscriptions...  they're figuring things out.. and they'll settle on whatever works in the end.

Edited by Remij_