Blew the clutch in my 93 Cobra.

Just now, jehurey said:

I wonder what a good 90's car would be worth the money to own as your "fun, mess around" car.

It'd have to be something that is not going to be having a whole bunch of small shit breaking on you.

Honestly, that's the name of the game for old cars unless you keep on top of them. This car has 104K miles on it, been driven hard for what it is and a blown clutch is the best case scenario for something major going wrong. Other than that the only issues I've had are a bad door lock actuator and some weather stripping needed replacing. It's been solid. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did your mullet blow off too

Faggot On Road Driving

Did you choose to keep it that color?

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'm only a fan of of the SVTs and Shelbys. Couldn't give two shits about regular or GT stangs. 

Yeah but Shelbys are mad expensive now and for that price, you could buy something way better.

Besides, current gen stangs have gotten more power.

Even the ecoboost has more power than yours, I believe.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So its worth 1800 ? That thinks trash . Throw it away.  Don't sell that turd to anyone . 

The 03 is acceptable. thats still a cool car .

More like $14.5K and that's just estimated private party from KBB. I might be able to get close to $20K for the car with the condition it is in if I found the right buyer. 93 Cobras are highly sought after and pretty rare. Motor is still strong and makes 226hp and 282lb-ft at the rear and its underrated. They're rated at 235 and 280... more like ~270 and ~340.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I wonder what a good 90's car would be worth the money to own as your "fun, mess around" car.

It'd have to be something that is not going to be having a whole bunch of small shit breaking on you.

You are contradicting yourself.

You want a "fun mess around" car that is not going to have a bunch of stuff breaking?

And from the 90s?

Nope.

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah but Shelbys are mad expensive now and for that price, you could buy something way better.

Besides, current gen stangs have gotten more power.

Even the ecoboost has more power than yours, I believe.

I'd hope the EcoBoost 4 bangers are more powerful than a 27 year old V8 and much more efficient.

The GT500 is expensive as fuck, but I find the GT350s are pretty good value. They start at $59K I think, but this is the last production year for those things.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

More like $14.5K and that's just estimated private party from KBB. I might be able to get close to $20K for the car with the condition it is in if I found the right buyer. 93 Cobras are highly sought after and pretty rare. Motor is still strong and makes 226hp and 282lb-ft at the rear and its underrated. They're rated at 235 and 280... more like ~270 and ~340.

that looks like a car that would chase down a jogger 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'd hope the EcoBoost 4 bangers are more powerful than a 27 year old V8 and much more efficient.

The GT500 is expensive as fuck, but I find the GT350s are pretty good value. They start at $59K I think, but this is the last production year for those things.

Shelbys have gotten a whole lotta fucking expensive the moment Carroll passed away.

However, only the ones that Carroll had firsthand contact with.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It looks like a car you'd never see the front end of in your honda. :tom5: 

Probably not, but at least my Honda isn't on a flatbed :trump:

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Shelbys have gotten a whole lotta fucking expensive the moment Carroll passed away.

However, only the ones that Carroll had firsthand contact with.

They've been expensive since after the Terminators came out. 2003-2004 Cobras were a bargain in their day. It got real bad when the 2013-2014s came out with the 5.8L SC... those things started at like $65K. :scared: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I sure did enjoy driving around in my brother's 95 Corvette back around 2001.

I wonder what a relatively good condition 96 Vette would go for.

Less than $10K probably.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

After the rona clears up I'll be looking to get a new car . Will probably keep the civic for all year driving tho.

What are you thinking about getting? I don't daily the mustangs; purely weekend warriors if it's not raining. I daily a truck.

Edited by lynux3

I'm not sure yet . I've been saving money for years for a cool car .

Will have to test drive , but I'm thinking m2 or cayman s ( with no options lol ) always wanted a 911 but thats still out of reach . 

Something with a stick for sure.  Not much left to choose from. 

Waiting to get my new house with garage so all depends on how that works out too. 

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I'm not sure yet . I've been saving money for years for a cool car .

Will have to test drive , but I'm thinking m2 or cayman s ( with no options lol ) always wanted a 911 but thats still out of reach . 

Something with a stick for sure.  Not much left to choose from. 

Waiting to get my new house with garage so all depends on how that works out too. 

Get a 370Z.

I wouldn't buy a Porsche, but rather lease it.