Do any of yall use soundbars ?

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I can feel you on this... but nah.. no way in hell I'd be downgrading to a sound bar.  Audio is going to get even better in the upcoming consoles, and Dolby Atmos is sex with the right setup.

If you were in an apartment I could understand, but nah, in a house.. get them speakers set up.

In my living room my couch is against the wall . So even on my 5.1 system now it can be obnoxiois when the rear speakers get loud . 

I could do a 7.1 in my gameroom but I rarely go up there . My pc is in that room and I dokt even have the TV up there plugged in .

I like good audio , but I think quality is more what I'm looking for over a full atmos set up. 

23 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I have this in my bedroom and honestly never use it because shit booms but it’s nice & pretty discounted 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-smartcast-5-1-channel-sound-bar-system-with-5-1-4-wireless-subwoofer-black/5768100.p?skuId=5768100

I got the cheap tcl soundbar bundled with the TV I got and while I wouldnt want to play games on it , its a massive difference over TV speakers.  I was surprised it sounded that much better for a 50 dollar soundbar .

That makes me feel like a 500 dollar or so soundbar will be good enough for games. 

28 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I have a cheap one for my bedroom and I use this one for the living room. 

I did alot of research and this was the best one available in 2019 and it had everything I wanted.... Plus I hadn't updated my living room speakers for like 13 years... lol

My 5.1 system is from the year blu ray came out . Idr when that was . It still bangs pretty good but I think when I get my new TV I'd rather just mount the TV and soundbar . I'm only gonna have an Xbox hooked up to it so I might just put a shelf on the wall for that and completely get rid of the TV console. 

Idk maybe I will splurge.  If I'm getting a 1500 dollar + tv and a 500 dollar console may as well get a beefy bar 

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

In my living room my couch is against the wall . So even on my 5.1 system now it can be obnoxiois when the rear speakers get loud . 

I could do a 7.1 in my gameroom but I rarely go up there . My pc is in that room and I dokt even have the TV up there plugged in .

I like good audio , but I think quality is more what I'm looking for over a full atmos set up. 

Adjust the levels dummy

4 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Adjust the levels dummy

They are turned down pretty low but the speakers are only like a foot behind me . Tjsts why for this room i don't really care about surround sound 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So the average sound bar is $1000+? Lmao fuck that. You can build a high end PC for that much.

I wouldnt say thats the average , they start under 100....thats where high end seems to start tho