Tim Sweeney: EGS games that become free actually end up selling better afterwards

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No, this can't be true.  Because when Phil Spencer said it with Gamepass... it was a lie. 

So it sounds like hes actually referring to how the games perform on other platforms

"People have discovered a lot of great games that way. It's been a benefit for game developers. Most developers who launch their games for free on the store found that their sales on Steam and on console platforms actually increased after they went free on Epic because of increased awareness and so it's been a really positive thing and it's brought tens of millions of new users into the Epic Games ecosystem and that's been a wonderful thing for the company."

That makes more sense as a lot of console gamers don't use EGS and im sure theres still a lot of Steam users that refuse to even install it.

yea makes sense. I'm not sure how I feel about KCD tho, i'm sure lots of people got it free that were otherwise potential income for GODHORSE STUDIOS AAAARGH :lawd: :lawd: 

but its ok, i will buy every version of kcd + dlcs to support them. :bandafuq:

the next upcoming free game is death stranding btw

Edited by kazuolicious
Just now, Twinblade said:

So it sounds like hes actually referring to how the game performs on other platforms

That makes more sense as a lot of console gamers don't use EGS and im sure theres still a lot of Steam users that still refuse to even install it.

I'm sure.  Same principle applies though.  If you get a lot of people talking about a game that's on gamepass (or that people played for free and then talk about) it's positive word of mouth and exposes more people to the idea of purchasing the game.  So people who don't want anything to do with gamepass still hear the word of mouth.