FFIX Moguri Mod

This mod is godly.  I've used the previous version and this is even more improved now.

Easily the best way to play FF9. B) Those AI upscaling techniques bringing new life to these older-prerendered games :smoke: 

all it does it makes me want to replay the original on ps1 :kaz:  fuck off with that fancy schmanzy anti aliasing version. It looks better blurry as fuck :kaz: 

Handheld is where it's at for classic JRPGs.  Though I bought the Switch version of FF9 and regretted it. The sharp characters on blurry compressed backgrounds look so jarring. The best place to play PS1 classics is on the Vita. Ability of turn off bilinear filter and the small OLD screen make them look clean and crisp.

Vita :aitch:

What a godly handheld. It was basically a Switch before the Switch without any meaningful first party support. They had the right idea for playing those games on a TV, but they segregated it by creating Vita TV. They should have gone the PSP route by making a cable or dock for TV support.

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Vita :aitch:

What a godly handheld. It was basically a Switch before the Switch without any meaningful first party support. They had the right idea for playing those games on a TV, but they segregated it by creating Vita TV. They should have gone the PSP route by making a cable or dock for TV support.

It's a neat idea back in the day but I think only Nintendo can pull off this level of success with the Switch since they can leverage their strength in the handheld market. Sony would never be able to pull it off unless they put all their resources on the PSP/Vita and somehow convince 3rd parties to do the same..not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

It's a neat idea back in the day but I think only Nintendo can pull off this level of success with the Switch since they can leverage their strength in the handheld market. Sony would never be able to pull it off unless they put all their resources on the PSP/Vita and somehow convince 3rd parties to do the same..not gonna happen.

I think they'd need a whole group of handheld only focused studios to do something in order to compete on that level, but it'd take years to pull something off like that just like it took years to establish their studios they have now. I don't expect to ever see another Sony handheld again and if we do it'll be some 5G shit for PlayStation Now, fuck that. No way 3rd parties would jump on board just like they don't on Switch; it'd end up being an indie machine.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I think they'd need a whole group of handheld only focused studios to do something in order to compete on that level, but it'd take years to pull something off like that just like it took years to establish their studios they have now. I don't expect to ever see another Sony handheld again and if we do it'll be some 5G shit for PlayStation Now, fuck that. No way 3rd parties would jump on board just like they don't on Switch; it'd end up being an indie machine.

Yea pretty much. Sony had the right idea but realistically only Nintendo could pull it off.