AMD 5800X (Zen 3) vs 10900K in Ashes of the Singularity

EjDiQzaVkAU9-Qy?format=png&name=large

Just compare the green bars from the top (5800X) to the botton (10900K).  133fps average on the Zen 3.. and 114fps on the Intel.

This is an 8 core AMD vs 10 core Intel..  This bench is HEAVILY multi threaded to take advantage of cores.. Holy shit.. utter domination.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I'm ready. Just give it to me.

And hopefully its release won't be a total shitshow like the nVidia launches.

Hopefully its got some overclocking headroom.

Yea, hopefully.  Damn though.. the CPUs apparently have 20% IPC increase, and can boost up to 5GHz.. 

That's what the rumor is at the moment.  400mhz+ over the previous Zen 2 CPUs. :whew: 

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

I don't get why they are skipping the Ryzen 4000 naming

They used that for their line of Laptop APUs.

Actually happy they did that, because whenever I would search for upcoming Ryzen 4000 series, I'd get nothing but info on APUs.

But prices for the 3800X is usually around $400, right. Since its the second-highest CPU in that line.

The highest tiered CPU is the one that ends with "900X".

Unless that CPU is going to become the new "700X" because there's now supposed to be a 10-core Ryzen 3, right?

Or will that 10-core simply be called "5850X"? 8-core is "5800X" and 12-core is "5900X".

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

But prices for the 3800X is usually around $400, right. Since its the second-highest CPU in that line.

The highest tiered CPU is the one that ends with "900X".

Unless that CPU is going to become the new "700X" because there's now supposed to be a 10-core Ryzen 3, right?

Or will that 10-core simply be called "5850X"? 8-core is "5800X" and 12-core is "5900X".

I think your last guess is probably the correct one.  Hard to say really.  The 3800X was really redundant though.. there was honestly no reason for it.

It could have been 5700X = 8c, 5800X = 10c, and 5900X = 12c... but we know for a fact that 5800X is a 8c CPU.. so I'm guessing they leave everything the same and add a 5850X SKU which will be the 10c, like you said.