All PC games need to have...

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

an option to display the current framerate. like seriously. Im not sure why in 2020, we need to rely on 3rd party utilities or console command hacks for such a basic piece of functionality.

Steam has one built in.

But I'm not sure what the issue is when a single 3rd party utility takes care of it for all games lol..  Is this REALLY an issue? :wonder: 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Steam has one built in.

But I'm not sure what the issue is when a single 3rd party utility takes care of it for all games lol..  Is this REALLY an issue? :wonder: 

Origin has a built in FPS counter as well. And EGS will probably too when they add the overlay. (or they already have). 

This is not an issue for me at all tho, cause  I always use rivatunerstatics with MSI afterburner to display FPS. I get your point twinb but it's a non issue. 

Also I don't even have any frames with my weak ass gpu so there is nothing to display.... :mj: 

Edited by kazi
  • Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Remij said:

Steam has one built in.

Im not saying its an issue, but its a convenience feature that should be in every game by now, with a basic amount of customization options (key to toggle it, color of indicator, position and size on screen). Pretty much every major game engine already has framerate toggling functions built in, so its barely any effort or work to implement.