Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Why is Kamala being glorified as some kind of role model?

9 hours ago, Voidler said:

When did I say that? Please bring the receipts

The political board was deleted and brought back in July 2020.    Your comments were leading up to the Democratic Primaries that Biden would stand no chance against Trump and that Bernie would have been a better candidate to defeat Trump. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The political board was deleted and brought back in July 2020.    Your comments were leading up to the Democratic Primaries that Biden would stand no chance against Trump and that Bernie would have been a better candidate to defeat Trump. 

Bullshit

If I ever said anything like that, it was Pre-COVID and Biden didn't even look like the nominee up until South Carolina - so I really doubt I was criticising him specifically.q

I have criticised Biden and Kamala's records, and criticised the way the DNC and Obama orchestrated during the Primaries. But almost everybody in the DNC Primary field would have beaten Trump with the way 2020 has gone.

That said, I expected it could unravel at a debate but Biden did way better in the debates against both Bernie and Trump than I expected so he gets points for delivering when it mattered

You seem to be very mistaken with me criticising Biden and believing he is a weaker candidate than Bernie for believing he would lose to Trump, who has been a uniquely terrible President 

27 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Bullshit

If I ever said anything like that, it was Pre-COVID and Biden didn't even look like the nominee up until South Carolina - so I really doubt I was criticising him specifically.q

I have criticised Biden and Kamala's records, and criticised the way the DNC and Obama orchestrated during the Primaries. But almost everybody in the DNC Primary field would have beaten Trump with the way 2020 has gone.

That said, I expected it could unravel at a debate but Biden did way better in the debates against both Bernie and Trump than I expected so he gets points for delivering when it mattered

You seem to be very mistaken with me criticising Biden and believing he is a weaker candidate than Bernie for believing he would lose to Trump, who has been a uniquely terrible President 

No im not confused.... because I remember asking you clearly that if Bernie doesn't win the nomination (meaning he couldn't beat Biden)... what made you think Bernie would beat Trump? 

and that's when you said you believed Biden wouldn't stand a chance against Trump. 

If Bernie was such a strong candidate he should have beaten Biden, no? 

Only people who haven't actually paid attention to his speeches as VP,  his VP debate or his record with public speaking thought that Biden would do badly in a debate with Trump.... a man who has the vocabulary of a 10 year old.

Biden had good debates in the democratic race against all those "stronger" candidates..... yet somehow you guys expected him to turn into a bumbling idiot in a Debate with Trump? lol

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No im not confused.... because I remember asking you clearly if Bernie doesn't win the nomination (meaning he couldn't beat Biden)... what made you think Bernie would beat Trump? 

and that's when you said you believed Biden wouldn't stand a chance against Trump. 

If Bernie was such a strong candidate he should have beaten Biden, no? 

Only people who haven't actually paid attention to his speeches as VP,  his VP debate or his record with public speaking thought that Biden would do badly in a debate with Trump.... a man who has the vocabulary of a 10 year old. 

I dont recall that, if I said anything like that it was before COVID changed the landscape of the election

In a hypothetical non COVID election we still have Trump riding high on populist support. Bernie was the only candidate with a similar grass roots upswell

I dont believe winning a Primary is the same as winning a general election, where its registered DNC voters who are likely to favour the safe option in a field of candidates rather than a 1v1. Especially when you had record older voter turnout who simply outpopulated the youth support Bernie had

Bernie won the first three primaries. But the candidates dropping out and backing Joe while Warren sat on the sidelines was simply a killer blow. The progressive vote split and moderate vote consolidated to Joe. It was all over by Super Tuesday

Biden is nowhere near as sharp as he was during those VP debates. Thats not even a comment on the constant gaffes he has now, he was simply electric back then and definitely lacks that edge today

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

I dont recall that, if I said anything like that it was before COVID changed the landscape of the election

In a hypothetical non COVID election we still have Trump riding high on populist support. Bernie was the only candidate with a similar grass roots upswell

I dont believe winning a Primary is the same as winning a general election, where its registered DNC voters who are likely to favour the safe option in a field of candidates rather than a 1v1. Especially when you had record older voter turnout who simply outpopulated the youth support Bernie had

Bernie won the first three primaries. But the candidates dropping out and backing Joe while Warren sat on the sidelines was simply a killer blow. The progressive vote split and moderate vote consolidated to Joe. It was all over by Super Tuesday

Biden is nowhere near as sharp as he was during those VP debates. Thats not even a comment on the constant gaffes he has now, he was simply electric back then and definitely lacks that edge today

Those Gafs were in interviews or quick sound bites on TV. 

He has constantly delivered in the Debates.... you yourself said he did good against Bernie.  Bernie has leagues better grasp on national policy and government than Trump and his vocabulary is vast compared to Trump's vocabulary limitations. 

So why in God's name would Biden perform WORSE in a debate against Trump? 

Makes no sense. 

34 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Those Gafs were in interviews or quick sound bites on TV. 

He has constantly delivered in the Debates.... you yourself said he did good against Bernie.  Bernie has leagues better grasp on national policy and government than Trump and his vocabulary is vast compared to Trump's vocabulary limitations. 

So why in God's name would Biden perform WORSE in a debate against Trump? 

Makes no sense. 

He did average to poor throughout the debates, early on he was really struggling to string together a coherent thought. I dont think he "won" a debate all Primary season, at best he had quiet nights with no major gaffes which would be considered a good night as he had the poll lead

While he did well against Bernie, Bernie is also just a nice guy. He never went hard on Biden, in fact he constantly called him "my good friend". Which was foolish in a debate for Presidency

The question was whether Biden could face up to Trump when anything could be thrown at him. Fortunately for Biden, Trump was awful and came off as mean spirited rather than witty like he often did in 2016. Trumps mental faculties are probably declining even faster

One thing I underestimated is that people just generally like Joe Biden, and Trumps attempts to insult him never came off as cathartic and fun like when he did it to Jeb or Hillary. In fact the most cathartic thing was somebody finally telling Trump to shut up

21 minutes ago, Voidler said:

He did average to poor throughout the debates, early on he was really struggling to string together a coherent thought. I dont think he "won" a debate all Primary season, at best he had quiet nights with no major gaffes which would be considered a good night as he had the poll lead

While he did well against Bernie, Bernie is also just a nice guy. He never went hard on Biden, in fact he constantly called him "my good friend". Which was foolish in a debate for Presidency

The question was whether Biden could face up to Trump when anything could be thrown at him. Fortunately for Biden, Trump was awful and came off as mean spirited rather than witty like he often did in 2016. Trumps mental faculties are probably declining even faster

One thing I underestimated is that people just generally like Joe Biden, and Trumps attempts to insult him never came off as cathartic and fun like when he did it to Jeb or Hillary. In fact the most cathartic thing was somebody finally telling Trump to shut up

Biden came in with a lead and decided the best strategy in a crowded Dem race was to look like the Adult in the room and take the high road and it paid off in spades.  He wasn't trying to be loud and make a big splash and get sound bites in because he came in WITH THE LEAD. 

Everyone was gunning to take him down. 

What Bernie did was smart... no matter who won between him and Biden he didn't want the democratic vote to split like they did in 2016...where the Bernie or bust die hards didn't vote for Hillary. 

Both Biden's and Bernie's goal was to get Trump out... and people like Biden because he is a good guy.