Boxing has officially jumped the shark

Mayweather vs Logan Paul are you kidding me?

First off Mayweather is 49-0 he hasn't fought a boxer since Pacquiao.

Second of all they could've at least picked the better boxer brother, Logan Paul lost to another youtuber now he wants to fight the most skilled boxer in history?

The whole things like a bad joke

Edited by Vini
  • Vini changed the title to Boxing has officially jumped the shark

I’m just curious how they’re going to handle the weight differential. Mayweather fights at 147lbs while Paul is 199lbs. There’s like 5 weight classes that separate them.

And although mayweather is one of the best boxers of all time, it’s entirely carried by his defensive ability. it’s well known he has brittle hands by even his own admittance that have required several surgeries in his career. A 42 year old guy with soft hands isn’t going to hurt a young 6 foot 2, 200lbs guy lmao. 

This entire show is just another circus act for both of them to make bank. No one in the boxing community is taking it seriously 

3 hours ago, Delita said:

I’m just curious how they’re going to handle the weight differential. Mayweather fights at 147lbs while Paul is 199lbs. There’s like 5 weight classes that separate them.

And although mayweather is one of the best boxers of all time, it’s entirely carried by his defensive ability. it’s well known he has brittle hands by even his own admittance that have required several surgeries in his career. A 42 year old guy with soft hands isn’t going to hurt a young 6 foot 2, 200lbs guy lmao. 

This entire show is just another circus act for both of them to make bank. No one in the boxing community is taking it seriously 

The whole things a joke. Might as well be WWE

Edited by Vini
33 minutes ago, Vini said:

The whole things a joke. Might as well me WWE

Well yeah. No one besides the casual audience who will buy this turd sandwich thinks otherwise. It’s not an officially sanctioned fight or have the backings of any promoter.

This is like Michael Jordan having a 1 on 1 with Obama on PPV on a Harlem court and saying NBA has jumped the shark. :ben:

Nate Robinson vs jake Paul was fun because, I didn't know that fight was scheduled and it was an undercard before the main event.

If that fight is the main event, its a joke and only the dumbest people would pay for it.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nate Robinson vs jake Paul was fun because, I didn't know that fight was scheduled and it was an undercard before the main event.

If that fight is the main event, its a joke and only the dumbest people would pay for it.

The name “mayweather” carries an incredible amount of weight in the mainstream and Logan Paul has a MASSIVE fan following. Of course they’re the main event. It’s not about the level of quality they can deliver but just having those 2 names put on some sort of show. That’s going to be an easy 1.5-2 million ppv buys, which sadly, unless your name is Canelo Alvarez or Anthony Joshua, real boxing doesent get anywhere close to those numbers.