The Guardian has become the Onion

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It’s like people are desperately competing with each other to find new ways to be offended by everything and anything.

It's true

• 2 years later...

New Zealand is an absolute woke hell. Apparently you can't wear a tie unless you are white. Some Maori fgt grifter starting unnecessary drama over a crime that happened in 1885. I got noose on my neck. Just kick him out of parliament for not following dress code protocols. You're not special. 

The modern tie’s origins lie in the cravat, the mark of a fashionable man in the 18th century, and following that a sign of a man’s social status and class in Victorian England. Today it remains one of the enduring symbols of white male supremacy, silently serving to maintain white male values and standards as the norm.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

New Zealand is an absolute woke hell. Apparently you can't wear a tie unless you are white. Some Maori fgt grifter starting unnecessary drama over a crime that happened in 1885. I got noose on my neck. Just kick him out of parliament for not following dress code protocols. You're not special. 

The modern tie’s origins lie in the cravat, the mark of a fashionable man in the 18th century, and following that a sign of a man’s social status and class in Victorian England. Today it remains one of the enduring symbols of white male supremacy, silently serving to maintain white male values and standards as the norm.

Lol so kick him out because he doesn't want to wear a tie. You're such radical man of the people and totally not a boot licker. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol so kick him out because he doesn't want to wear a tie. You're such radical man of the people and totally not a boot licker. 

Kick him out for wasting their time on clothing protocols because mister think wearing a tie is more important than debating actual important issues. It's not an elementary school yard, it's a parliament. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Kick him out for wasting their time on clothing protocols because mister think wearing a tie is more important than debating actual important issues. It's not an elementary school yard, it's a parliament. 

Mr Mallard has said he personally supports a change to the rules on compulsory ties, but kept the rules after he consulted MPs - saying the overwhelming majority of those who wrote to him supported maintaining the tie requirement.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she does not object to people refusing to wear ties, but that there are bigger things to be focusing on.

"I don't think New Zealanders care about ties," she said.

----

It seems like other people were making a big deal about this. Seems like it wasn't even really that big of a deal and only people being dicks about fucking ties were bent about this. The speaker of the House and president didn't seem to give a fuck. 

You are such a man of the people - how you always give deference to power structures and hierarchies, even about silly shit. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Mr Mallard has said he personally supports a change to the rules on compulsory ties, but kept the rules after he consulted MPs - saying the overwhelming majority of those who wrote to him supported maintaining the tie requirement.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she does not object to people refusing to wear ties, but that there are bigger things to be focusing on.

"I don't think New Zealanders care about ties," she said.

----

It seems like other people were making a big deal about this. Seems like it wasn't even really that big of a deal and only people being dicks about fucking ties were bent about this. The speaker of the House and president didn't seem to give a fuck. 

You are such a man of the people - how you always give deference to power structures and hierarchies, even about silly shit. 

Then drop the dress code protocol and get with the program, we can all agree this is a waste of time and tax payers money either way. This is embarrassing. 

The whole world has adopted this kind of dress code as proper conduct for politics. It's not complicated. 

What power structure and hierarchy? IT'S A FUCKING DRESS CODE. The CEO of Black Rock didn't become the CEO because he was wearing a nicer tie than everybody else. Fuck off with that shit. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Then drop the dress code protocol and get with the program, we can all agree this is a waste of time and tax payers money either way. This is embarrassing. 

The whole world has adopted this kind of dress code as proper conduct for politics. It's not complicated. 

What power structure and hierarchy? IT'S A FUCKING DRESS CODE. The CEO of Black Rock didn't become the CEO because he was wearing a nicer tie than everybody else. Fuck off with that shit. 

Lmfao I'm not even sure what you are getting at. He doesn't want to wear a tie, they should just leave him alone. He's wearing a suit and and dress shirt already, it's not like he's wearing a hula skirt or something. 

They should let the man live and do what he's there to do. But like you exclusively seem to have heat for him.