SquareEnix and Team Ninja apparently collaborating on an action focused Final Fantasy game (ala Souls) called Final Fantasy Origins, PS5 exclusive at launch, PC later

Apparently SquareEnix's entire event was leaked and is being shared behind the scenes.  This is one of the games that's resulted from that leak.

There'll probably be more leaks in the coming days about SquareEnix games.

There's already a Final Fantasy Origin on PS1. lol It was a remaster collection of FF1 and FF2.

Team Ninja is ass now so I'm hardly excited. Last time they collaborated together we got that shitty Dissidia game for PS4 as a result.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There's already a Final Fantasy Origin on PS1. lol It was a remaster collection of FF1 and FF2.

Team Ninja is ass now so I'm hardly excited. Last time they collaborated together we got that shitty Dissidia game for PS4 as a result.

Well, the Nioh team is solid.  I don't know if that's the same team or not.. but there's a small chance it could be cool.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Just now, Remij said:

Well, the Nioh team is solid.  I don't know if that's the same team or not.. but there's a small chance it could be cool.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Nioh is an anomaly. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Nioh is an anomaly. 

Yea.  SquareEnix really has to impress me these days.  I got burnt pretty hard on FF7R when I should have listened to you and Sabo.

Sabo tried to warn me, but my fanboyism and nostalgia for that game in particular got the better of me. :( 

Just now, Remij said:

Yea.  SquareEnix really has to impress me these days.  I got burnt pretty hard on FF7R when I should have listened to you and Sabo.

Sabo tried to warn me, but my fanboyism and nostalgia for that game in particular got the better of me. :( 

You had to see it for yourself anyway. Honestly if it wasn't for the big changes at the end I probably wouldn't have complained much but it totally killed my interest and hope in the inevitable part 2, which is going to bring even more changes to the original.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You had to see it for yourself anyway. Honestly if it wasn't for the big changes at the end I probably wouldn't have complained much but it totally killed my interest and hope in the inevitable part 2, which is going to bring even more changes to the original.

Yep.  It was the end that soured me too.  We had no way of knowing...

but well... now we know better.

• Upvote 1

Did Marvel for Switch ever come to PC?

Why are you faking a PC version here? A PC version was never hinted at or announced. This will not come to PC just like FF7R and FF16 are not planned, nor ever were, nor is there any active development going on on the PC.

Great news to hear of another legendary status exclusive heading to PS5.

Final Fantasy, as I predicted, is now once again a PS exclusive franchise. 

PC gamers: 

200.gif

Don't worry you'll still have a starfield pity port to look forward to in 2024 but Sony's not playing that gay shit of giving you scrap ports of games.

Edited by Bodycount_
2 minutes ago, Bodycount_ said:

Did Marvel for Switch ever come to PC?

Why are you faking a PC version here? A PC version was never hinted at or announced. This will not come to PC just like FF7R and FF16 are not planned, nor ever were, nor is there any active development going on on the PC.

Great news to hear of another legendary status exclusive heading to PS5.

Final Fantasy, as I predicted, is now once again a PS exclusive franchise. 

PC gamers: 

200.gif

FFXVI is coming to PC.

[UPDATE 4:15 PST 9/16/2020] In an update, IGN has reported that Square Enix asked the site to remove all mention of FFXVI on PC from their news story, retracting the announcement. This is after the PlayStation event trailer originally announced the RPG coming to PC in addition to PS5. In a statement to IGN from Square Enix, the company responded to IGN with the following: “We have no further information on if Final Fantasy XVI will be released on platforms other than the PS5.” Any mention of the RPG on PC is no longer there in the official trailer

They announced it too soon and now they are hiding it to please their overlords at Sony who paid for a timed exclusivity.

You can keep FF7R DLC though. :mickey: 

• Like 1

I remain the true final fantasy 7 master! Not being stained by the grotesque attempt to sell it to the new generations, I never played the remake! 

Remjpees number one game? Too bad, only I am worthy of being the number one fan. Never betray the OG :dreamy: :glad: Bow down, nerdfags :geese:

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

I remain the true final fantasy 7 master! Not being stained by the grotesque attempt to sell it to the new generations, I never played the remaster! 

Remjpees number one game? Too bad, only I am worthy of being the number one fan. Never betray the OG :dreamy: :glad: Bow down, nerdfags :geese:

This is true.  You weren't having any of it at any point.

Respect :salute: 

13 minutes ago, kaz said:

I remain the true final fantasy 7 master! Not being stained by the grotesque attempt to sell it to the new generations, I never played the remaster! 

you'll never play the remake either

:geese: 

• Confused 1

i didn't care for the FF7 (i think i played it for an hour) back in the day, so i think i may like the newer version, since i have no nostalgia for the franchise.  

1 hour ago, Bodycount_ said:

you'll never play the remake either

:geese: 

what are you talking about?  I said I never played the remake and I never will. :glad: :juggle:  UNSTAINED, the true FF7 FAN! :geese:

Edited by kaz

the true FF7 fan who played a broken port on PC in 1999? :omglol:

Yeah I think i'll stick with playing FF Crisis Core on PSP, FF7 on PS4 with trophies, and FF7R and Integrade. With a blu ray copy of advent children on deck

incredible universe and tied in its complete entirety to playstation hardware.

you mad because you left xbox and played the og ff7 for the first time on switch in 2018? :kaz:  you cant blame me for playing the og version on release on godstation and never will look elsewhere :kaz: 

welcome to the party, you might enjoy ff

Edited by kaz