We're getting a taste of Florida starting this weekend

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading information is a real problem, and many people died because they weren’t expecting a major storm even though it was being tracked for days after hitting Louisiana.

Ida was much more destructive than Henri.

Regarding Henri, most news outlet warned people not go out and even mayor Bronin put the state in emergency mode.

Well...nothing happened.

Now, with Ida, they didn't say SHIT at all, and it was way worse.

It actually flooded NY.

My cousin told me he was not able to go to work because train station was literally flooded.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-ida-northeast-flooding-20210902-7sxi5laptjaafmqney257uvn7q-story.html   "In a region that had been warned about potentially deadly flash

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading informatio

exactly. they done gone goofed. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading information is a real problem, and many people died because they weren’t expecting a major storm even though it was being tracked for days after hitting Louisiana.

Because people are only predicting Ida for New Orleans because its going through the Gulf of Mexico, you dumbass.

Therefore, when we had a good idea that Ida would strengthen back up to a Category 3, and then Category 4 on Sunday...................we DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW where it would end up 4-5 days later.

You can't possibly be this stupid............there's even visuals here to tell you that it could in the Northeast, or it could end up going up to Illinois.

No meteorological computer system can tell you with any certainty that far out.

And the media only has experience with a GULF hurricane typically only threatening Florida or Louisiana or Texas............not the northeast.

You're literally talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which proves that you're just full of bullshit, and you change the type of criticism because your pre-determined bias is to simply find any angle in which to criticize "the media."

Here was the various hurricane path forecasting models for Ida from seven days ago.

DCT_SPECIAL37_1280x720.jpg?crop=16:9&wid

And this dumbass is saying "hOw CoMe Da mEdIa DuNt SaY aNyThInG!!!"

Don't you think CNN wants to find a story to get the attention of people living in the NorthEast, where they could get the HIGHEST POSSIBLE RATINGS?

Don't you think if CNN knew that there would be a big story for the NorthEast, they'd be all over that shit as early as possible?

The northeast was in the cone of concern for most of henri, hence the advanced watches and warnings. ida was literally a curveball. it doesn't help that the northeast can't handle flooding. look at hurricane sandy. 

Henri-track-history-2021.jpg

2021 Tracks-1624491632631 (1).jpeg

edit: while meteorologists did project a northeastern curve, with potential threats of flooding, most of the politicians in those respective regions are to blame, for not taking it as seriously as they should have. those local leaders tend to only take action when it's too late, unless it's a direct coastal hit. 

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

As someone who works in the TV news industry, and has dealt with hurricanes for decades, I can truly say they are very unpredictable. Let’s take hurricane Andrew, for example. It was supposed to destroy Broward County. However, it took a downward shift, last minute, and ended up destroying most of Kendall (south Dade county) . These are changes you can’t predict. Also, storms can increase in strength or decrease in strength, last minute.

Thank you.  It's a forecast that does not mean it's a guarantee that it will happen. 

The forecast is for you prepare incase something happens. 

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The northeast was in the cone of concern for most of henri, hence the advanced watches and warnings. ida was literally a curveball. it doesn't help that the northeast can't handle flooding. look at hurricane sandy. 

edit: while meteorologists did project a northeastern curve, with potential threats of flooding, most of the politicians in those respective regions are to blame, for not taking it as seriously as they should have. those local leaders tend to only take action when it's too late, unless it's a direct coastal hit. 

Local leaders reacting too late is different from news reporting on a storm and the storm changing path or changing intensity. 

Twinblade calls it fake news because henri changed paths and was downgraded last minute. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Thank you.  It's a forecast that does not mean it's a guarantee that it will happen. 

The forecast is for you prepare incase something happens. 

exactly. even if you aren't necessarily in the cone, the eyewall can easily shift, putting you in its path. also, we prepare for even tropical storms here in florida because we know that shit can jump to a cat 1, minutes before landfall. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Local leaders reacting too late is different from news reporting on a storm and the storm changing path or changing intensity. 

Twinblade calls it fake news because henri changed paths and was downgraded last minute. 

yeah, it's not fake news. the media doesn't get kickbacks from home depot and grocery stores lol. storms can either fall apart, strengthen, and/or change direction last minute. 

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

That still doesn't make sense.

So meteorologists see a hurricane's path not directed towards them and say fuck it? I am not even going to bother?

Even moreso with such unpredictability of hurricanes, shouldn't they have still warned us?

I am telling you. During Henri, they closed down places. For Ida, they didn't give a shit.

Face it, both weather newscasters and state officials fucked up.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

So meteorologists see a hurricane's path not directed towards them and say fuck it? I am not even going to bother?

Even moreso with such unpredictability of hurricanes, shouldn't they have still warned us?

I am telling you. During Henri, they closed down places. For Ida, they didn't give a shit.

Warned you how, fuckface?

You tell me how that forecast is supposed to look like?

"Uhh......we just want to warn the people of Brownsville, or Houston............OR New Orleans that they might have a large hurricane hitting them directly"

"Or not hitting them at all!"

Oh yeah, if the average meteorologist starts giving forecasts like that, people definitely won't tune out all the time.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

you misinterpreted what i said. meteorologists suggested that it could take a northeastern turn (which it did). as for the severity of it, threats ranged from mild flooding to major flooding. your local leaders had plenty of notice. i can show you OUR models from last week, suggesting that the northeast could experience flooding. the problem is this - most northeastern leaders won't react, accordingly, unless it's a coastal hit. many assume the storm will die out if it has to cross over a large stretch of land. remember this, ida was projected to hit louisiana as a 3, possibly a cat 4. it ended up being just 7 mph short of a fucking cat 5, with gusts reaching 170 mph! this is why every storm should be taken seriously. 

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Warned you how, fuckface?

You tell me how that forecast is supposed to look like?

"Uhh......we just want to warn the people of Brownsville, or Houston............OR New Orleans that they might have a large hurricane hitting them directly"

"Or not hitting them at all!"

Oh yeah, if the average meteorologist starts giving forecasts like that, people definitely won't tune out all the time.

So when do meteorologists stop tracking a storm?

Btw, do you live in CT?

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you misinterpreted what i said. meteorologists suggested that it could take a northeastern turn (which it did). as for the severity of it, threats ranged from mild flooding to major flooding. your local leaders had plenty of notice. i can show you OUR models from last week, suggesting that the northeast could experience flooding. the problem is this - most northeastern leaders won't react, accordingly, unless it's a coastal hit. many assume the storm will die out if it has to cross over a large stretch of land. remember this, ida was projected to hit louisiana as a 3, possibly a cat 4. it ended up being just 7 mph short of a fucking cat 5, with gusts reaching 170 mph! this is why every storm should be taken seriously. 

Keywords "didn't react".

Thank you.

That's all I needed to know.

I read an article on Time that the Army corps of engineers "fudged the numbers" on their engineering recommendations on rebuilding the levees in New Orleans, and instead of designing it to standard code, which is to base the design of the levee on the past 100 years of data, they actually over-engineering and factored in the possibility of future climate change, and estimated that there would be bigger hurricanes occuring more frequently.

And even though Ida was technically more worse than hurricane Katrina, the levees did a much better job and protected New Orleans.

So, instead of designing the levees for a 1-in-100 year storm event, they designed it for a 1-in-200 year storm event.

Its awesome when we decide to do more than the bare minimum.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

So when do meteorologists stop tracking a storm?

Btw, do you live in CT?

They already told you there would be a storm within 48 hours.

What you are complaining are meteorologists being able to predict a huge weather system a week in advance.

Just now, jehurey said:

I read an article on Time that the Army corps of engineers "fudged the numbers" on their engineering recommendations on rebuilding the levees in New Orleans, and instead of designing it to standard code, which is to base the design of the levee on the past 100 years of data, they actually over-engineering and factored in the possibility of future climate change, and estimated that there would be bigger hurricanes occuring more frequently.

And even though Ida was technically more worse than hurricane Katrina, the levees did a much better job and protected New Orleans.

So, instead of designing the levees for a 1-in-100 year storm event, they designed it for a 1-in-200 year storm event.

Its awesome when we decide to do more than the bare minimum.

What the duck does that have to do with Ida hitting the Northeast?

Or are you trying to steer the topic again?

A common tactic of yours once you know you are about to get raped?