Us vaccinated are driving more viralant strains of Covid19

He's the guy that created mRNA technology 

We cannot vaccinate our way out of a pandemic. Natural herd immunity and having nearly everyone infected at the same time (yes that sounds crazy) is the only way it will end. Vaccinate though most vulnerable and let everyone else just get it and hopefully live. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Cooke said:

He's the guy that created mRNA technology 

you are literally incorrect.

messenger RNA was a concept first conceived and published by a Hungarian biochemist Katalin Kariko, a woman, in the 90's

Her works were picked up by Stem-cell biologist Derrick Rossi whose work he shared with Drew Weisserman, an immunologist.

They found funding for their research and formed a company based around the idea of "modifying" RNA.

They called it modeRNA.

The name got altered, as we know.........called Moderna.

I wonder, after realizing that you just posted a 100% completely incorrect fact..........if you think that video you just posted is worth anything?

And you do know that "Dr. Navarro" is not an actual medical doctor, right? He has a PhD in Economics............he doesn't know shit about the virus.

So you just posted a video of two people who don't know shit.

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

What do you think is the significane of this paper?

yeah I’m not sure what Cooke’s logic is with that. If the implication is that you’re better off catching the delta strain to protect against future covid, then that’s a pretty dumb idea because you’re more likely to die during that initial infection than you would if you simply got vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

yeah I’m not sure what Cooke’s logic is with that. If the implication is that you’re better off catching the delta strain to protect against future covid, then that’s a pretty dumb idea because you’re more likely to die during that initial infection than you would if you simply got vaccinated.

Yeah, exactly. The paper even has the previously infected + one dose of Pfizer group having the highest rate of protection.

There's also no uninfected + unvaccinated control group to make any kind of claim that getting the vaccine is somehow worse, so trying to weaponize the study against vaccines seems pretty silly. The study itself even cites the effectiveness of the vaccine against re-infection of the previous variants and minor differences in the short term (I'd consider 6 months to be fairly short term, but this is the paper's usage of the term), so it's more of a study of long term effectiveness against reinfection of a new variant. Discussion around requiring a booster shot for the vaccinated against Delta is nothing new. The paper mentions Israel already beginning to administer a third shot, but that the effectiveness of a booster shot is outside the scope of the paper as it too early to determine. 

Even logically, weaponizing the paper against vaccines wouldn't make sense even in a hypothetical situation where the paper suggested 0% effectiveness against "reinfection" for vaccines and 100% effectiveness against reinfection for natural immunity for the exact reason you outlined: you're more likely to be hospitalized and/or die to your initial infection without the vaccine.

What I do think this study could be used for (and to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt maybe this is all he was getting at and why I asked) is to pressure places with vaccine mandates to recognize provable cases of COVID infection as having similar standing to those that have been vaccinated. There's the obvious political minefield to navigate there as you would be encouraging intentional COVID infection to avoid the vaccine and it's a lot harder to prove a COVID infection than getting vaccinated, but just from a strictly science perspective I can't really disagree with it based solely on the findings in this paper.

20 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Yeah, exactly. The paper even has the previously infected + one dose of Pfizer group having the highest rate of protection.

There's also no uninfected + unvaccinated control group to make any kind of claim that getting the vaccine is somehow worse, so trying to weaponize the study against vaccines seems pretty silly. The study itself even cites the effectiveness of the vaccine against re-infection of the previous variants and minor differences in the short term (I'd consider 6 months to be fairly short term, but this is the paper's usage of the term), so it's more of a study of long term effectiveness against reinfection of a new variant. Discussion around requiring a booster shot for the vaccinated against Delta is nothing new. The paper mentions Israel already beginning to administer a third shot, but that the effectiveness of a booster shot is outside the scope of the paper as it too early to determine. 

Even logically, weaponizing the paper against vaccines wouldn't make sense even in a hypothetical situation where the paper suggested 0% effectiveness against "reinfection" for vaccines and 100% effectiveness against reinfection for natural immunity for the exact reason you outlined: you're more likely to be hospitalized and/or die to your initial infection without the vaccine.

What I do think this study could be used for (and to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt maybe this is all he was getting at and why I asked) is to pressure places with vaccine mandates to recognize provable cases of COVID infection as having similar standing to those that have been vaccinated. There's the obvious political minefield to navigate there as you would be encouraging intentional COVID infection to avoid the vaccine and it's a lot harder to prove a COVID infection than getting vaccinated, but just from a strictly science perspective I can't really disagree with it based solely on the findings in this paper.

I'm saying governments are completely ignoring natural immunity and previous infections and ONLY focus on vaccines which appear to be less and less effective with time and new strains. 

12 hours ago, Cooke said:

I'm saying governments are completely ignoring natural immunity and previous infections and ONLY focus on vaccines which appear to be less and less effective with time and new strains. 

Yes, because achieving herd immunity through everybody getting the virus results in a 1-2% death rate.

A vaccine comes with a death rate of near-zero.

Spread that out to a country of 340 million people........please try to tell us the benefits of allowing this virus to spread unconditionally with about 6 to 7 million deaths. Not to mention the ancillary deaths that would come from having the entire hospital system overrun for about 2-3 straight years.

Edited by jehurey
13 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yes, because achieving herd immunity through everybody getting the virus results in a 1-2% death rate.

A vaccine comes with a death rate of near-zero.

Spread that out to a country of 340 million people........please try to tell us the benefits of allowing this virus to spread unconditionally with about 6 to 7 million deaths. Not to mention the ancillary deaths that would come from having the entire hospital system overrun for about 2-3 straight years.

We aren't achieving herd immunity through leaky vaccines dumbtard

Edited by Cooke
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

We aren't achieving herd immunity through leaky vaccines dumbtard

yes we will, if we get them vaccinated.

this is not up for debate.

there is no other path than that...........so just concentrate on THAT, because there's no point in you wasting your time about other things that are worse. Like I said.......there are NO BENEFITS to what you are insinuating. NONE. ZERO. So you might as well start thinking in terms of vaccination.

Edited by jehurey
On 2021-08-30 at 12:51 PM, jehurey said:

yes we will, if we get them vaccinated.

this is not up for debate.

there is no other path than that...........so just concentrate on THAT, because there's no point in you wasting your time about other things that are worse. Like I said.......there are NO BENEFITS to what you are insinuating. NONE. ZERO. So you might as well start thinking in terms of vaccination.

We cannot because the virus does not only effect humans. It is scientifically impossible to vaccinate away a coronavirus. It goes into animals and mutates and comes right back. We would have to vaccinate all mammals that can be carriers as well as every human on earth in a VERY short period of time for that to happen. But also we would need vaccines that actually stop the transmission. These do not do that. They simply reduce severe symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, Cooke said:

We cannot because the virus does not only effect humans. It is scientifically impossible to vaccinate away a coronavirus. It goes into animals and mutates and comes right back.

No, the virus has no evidence of transmission between animal to human.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, the virus has no evidence of transmission between animal to human.

Oh so it didn't from from a bat? 

Edited by Cooke
Just now, Cooke said:

Oh so it didn't from from a bat? 

You must be stupid.

Did the bat  sneeze on a person? Or shake hands with the human.

Are you saying that you don't even basic thing about the virus that were answered back in Spring of last year?

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You must be stupid.

Did the bat  sneeze on a person? Or shake hands with the human.

Are you saying that you don't even basic thing about the virus that were answered back in Spring of last year?

Oh wow. Wtf did you even just type?

. Livestock Farming

Although there is no evidence of infection with SARS-CoV-2 in animals in the wild, there is concern about the potential for a reverse zoonotic event occurring from humans to animals living in close proximity to humans and the establishment of a permanent viral reservoir in animals. Livestock farming is an area of particular concern, given the close human–animal contact, particularly in some regions of the world, and the potential for the high stocking density of some farmed animal species and the threat to food supply chains. Livestock such as cattle, sheep, and other ruminants can be infected by a variety of coronaviruses [7]; however, the evidence concerning the SARS-CoV-2 infection of cattle is currently limited to a single study [17]. Ulrich et al. experimentally infected six cattle (Bos taurus) via the intranasal route with a 1 × 105 tissue culture infectious dose 50% (TCID50) and monitored the animals for twenty days. After 24 h, three naïve contact animals were introduced to examine transmission. Low-level viral shedding was observed in two of the six experimentally infected cattle, but no transmission was seen in in-contact animals [17]. Despite their apparent vulnerability to infection, to date, there is no evidence of a human naturally transmitting the virus to cattle or other livestock. Likewise, there is currently no evidence yet that sheep, horses, donkeys, camels, or llamas [18] can become infected with SARS-CoV-2. Further research to explore the susceptibility of cattle and other livestock animals is needed to determine if they can act as reservoirs of the virus.

The greatest evidence to date for reverse zoonosis is in minks (Neovison vison and Mustela vison), farmed for their fur. There have been several reports of virus outbreaks on mink farms in Spain, Denmark, the USA [19,20], the Netherlands [19], France, Italy, Sweden, Canada, Greece, Lithuania [20], and Poland [21]. First reported in the Netherlands, the virus was introduced by infected farm workers [22]. Minks on infected farms were culled, and weekly testing of all animals that died was introduced, revealing that the virus has since evolved due to the widespread transmission between minks [23]. In a total of 16 mink farms that were affected, 68% of employees had evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection. An in-depth investigation of the Dutch outbreaks suggested that at least two farm workers acquired the virus in turn directly from the animals [22,23,24]. This is the only evidence presently that suggests a possible transmission from an animal directly to humans since the beginning of the pandemic. However, an analysis of the genetic sequences of SARS-CoV-2 in patients living near the mink farms indicated they were not related to the clusters seen at the mink farms [23].

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8002747/

Edited by Cooke

I'm guessing you forgot about all those mink farms that had to be eradicated? 

And if it came from a bat, there are more than one way it can infect people. Viruses shed through more than one method dumbass. 

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

Oh wow. Wtf did you even just type?

Although there is no evidence of infection with SARS-CoV-2 in animals in the wild

So I'm absolutely correct.

You can tell me all the "concern" in the world.

But "concern" isn't evidence, is it?

Just now, Cooke said:

I'm guessing you forgot about all those mink farms that had to be eradicated? 

And if it came from a bat, there are more than one way it can infect people. Viruses shed through more than one method dumbass. 

No, go ahead and show me evidence of a mink infecting a human.

I'll wait.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, go ahead and show me evidence of a mink infecting a human.

I'll wait.

OH SO THEY SLAUGHTERED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ANIMALS JUST CUZ. 

According to the World Organisation for Animal Health, there haven't been any reports of pets spreading COVID-19 to people. However, reports from the Netherlands and Denmark suggest that mink have infected some workers on mink farms. This is an area that continues to be studied. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/animals-covid-19.html