Remember when a console going without an AAA exclusive for 12 months was hard times?

3 hours ago, Body Count said:

even if we allowed PC crossplatform games, i still don't think it would add anything to xbox's tally especially at gamespot. maybe a few more forza games.

the problem is, MS has gone an entire gen, and nearing a decade with absolute fuck all in terms of AAA releases.

That’s what I mean, even counting “console exclusives” (funny how they only seem to count for xbox, never playstation), well all I can think of would be forxa rehashes and even they started flopping.

I asked substatic but he declined to name them. Is it all indie games?

9 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

system wars was declared over in 2016 when ms announced play anywhere and that xbox would never have an exclusive ever again. as soon as ps5 got 1 AAAE (launch), it won the gen.

but we decided to count xbox/pc games as exclusives (fauxclusives), partly out of pity, partly for

our own amusement. the bulk of xbox fans knew this, and bowed out.

the few remaining lemming stragglers (the dullards) took this friendly sympathetic gesture and deluded themselves into thinking this was back to being a real contest again. 

But PC isn’t exclusively an MS system. If a game launched only on Xbox/Windows store then I could kind of see it, but these games are launching on Steam which is a competitor and a conpletely different service.

Some of these games I can play on Linux, there’s no trace of Microsoft in my PC at all. If they run in Linux then they’ll run on tbe Steam Deck which in no way, shape or form counts as an MS system. Heck some even run on Mac and I’m sure Ghostz will tell you that is not a Microsoft system.

I think this standard needs revising.

even halo and gears are 7's and 8's

there's nothing.

9.0's:

1. ori and the blind forest (which remember is now on Switch so it really doesn't count)
  2. forza horizon 3 (On PC)
  3. Forza Horizon 4 (on PC)
  4. Titanfall 1 (on PC)
  5. Forza motosport 5 -literally the only 9.0 rated game in a decade only on Xbox. unreal.
  6. the medium (Now on PS5).

Edited by Body Count
18 minutes ago, Body Count said:

even halo and gears are 7's and 8's

there's nothing.

9.0's:

1. ori and the blind forest (which remember is now on Switch so it really doesn't count)
  2. forza horizon 3 (On PC)
  3. Forza Horizon 4 (on PC)
  4. Titanfall 1 (on PC)
  5. Forza motosport 5 -literally the only 9.0 rated game in a decade only on Xbox. unreal.
  6. the medium (Now on PS5).

Literally 1 game in 8 years.

and the best part?

That one game is sat with a 79 on metacritic and a 6.0 user score

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-motorsport-5

Easily the worst received of all the Forza games and only got a 9.0 because Gamespot had big “sponsored by Xbox” banners all over their website at the time :kaz: and the person reviewing it knew all too well what happened to Gerstmann.

Gears 3 was probably the last actual AAA exclusive Xbox had back in 2011

• Like 1

Xbox is a joke. If it didn’t have MS money still keeping it alive they would have pulled the plug a long time ago. I’ve never seen a gaming brand consistently lose so much and it’s fanbase is completely delusional. It’s quite sad when you really think about it. I can’t really see the difference between Xbox and a typical cult at this point.

There’s absolutely no reason to be an xbox “gamer” unless you’re part of the cult. It offers nothing that PS or PC doesn’t offer, but they have more too.

Even flops like the Atari Jaguar had better exclusives. Console sucked but AVP was killer back in the day. Xflop has a trash flop Forza game that isnt even AA on metacritic lmfao

• Like 1