Resident Evil 4 VR Gamespot - AAA “best on Oculus”

Its a damning indictment of where VR gaming is at, when there's alot of articles coming out right now saying "I finally like VR now because of RE4"

It just goes to show the absolute lack of quality in VR games right now. A fucking port of a AAA game from 15 years ago, that was designed for Gamecube and PS2 era consoles........is the best overall game so far for a PC VR industry that's been around for about 5 years now?

That's embarrassing.

Even Facebook knows that they don't have any other project that appears to be better and more polished than RE4, because they've been advertising RE4 VR more than any other game in their portfolio.

It seems like most VR developers aren't worth a shit unless they were previously good game developers, in general.

I will say this after playing half-life alyx I can safely say that VR is the future and also already capable of making real games that take advantage of the technology

turning the shiitiest RE into a VR game is just awful tho and pure torture for anyone with a little self respect :mj: 

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, kaz said:

I will say this after playing half-life alyx I can safely say that VR is the future and also already capable of making real games that take advantage of the technology

turning the shiitiest RE into a VR game is just awful tho and pure torture for anyone with a little self respect :mj: 

"You don't own RE4"

🤘"RE4 owns you" 🤘

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

It ended up better than I expected, that's for sure. Still, my issue is how some people seems to think THAT's the greatest VR game there is, no question asked. I know the VR market doesn't have that much competition but it's not that bad either.

Even without teleport, it's still a piece of cake from what I can see, the gameplay wasn't made for this and it's obvious. They have been better transition of normal games into VR, but then again, it's far easier to port, let's say a modern racing game than a third person action game from 2004.

They make games now that have a casual setting for people who just want the experience. Some of you guys are acting like this remake is for the same people who've bought and played all other 10 rereleases of this game before solely. They obviously need to appeal to as many gamers on a smaller platform as possible. On paper, making it easier to go through people have different playing habits when you have to strap a device on your head. 10 to 12 hours of helmet gaming might be a bit much for people. 

Holy shit, I just saw a commercial for RE4 VR during the fucking World Series right now?

The commercial was paid for by Oculus (Facebook).

This is mind-blowing that RE4 is still getting this kind of respect 16, almost 17 years later.

And it really shows how Oculus really doesn't have anything else worth a damn to show to people. Its just RE4 VR and Billie Eillish Beat Saber.