How do you format an external hard drive for media on Xbox?

The Xbox doesn't recognize it and neither does my pc.

Only way to access it is through disk management system and there are only two options, dynamic or mbr. No such option to format to NTFS as it doesn't even show up on my drives list.

Any solutions?

On 2022-01-03 at 6:41 PM, jehurey said:

windows products work fan-tastic.

you need to know how to use Windows.  It's always funny to hear "users" like you complain about the OS being the issue when they don't even know how to use it properly. :kaz:  I know windows and you sound like every other n00b I've ever heard talk shit about Windows.

It's like anything else, if you don't know how to use it then don't complain that it's garbage.  It's quite simple.

Anyone can point and click in Windows but having a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the OS and knowing how to make things work within the OS are different things.

Edited by Spicalicious
  • NPC 1
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

you need to know how to use Windows.  It's always funny to hear "users" like you complain about the OS being the issue when they don't even know how to use it properly. :kaz:

LOL, you're the one who started this entire thread because you don't know how to use Windows.

And Microsoft couldn't design their products to be idiot-proof for people like you.

• dead 1
3 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

you need to know how to use Windows.  It's always funny to hear "users" like you complain about the OS being the issue when they don't even know how to use it properly. :kaz:  I know windows and you sound like every other n00b I've ever heard talk shit about Windows.

It's like anything else, if you don't know how to use it then don't complain that it's garbage.  It's quite simple.

Anyone can point and click in Windows but having a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the OS and knowing how to make things work within the OS are two different things.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL, you're the one who started this entire thread because you don't know how to use Windows.

And Microsoft couldn't design their products to be idiot-proof for people like you.

Are you drunk?  That was the first time I post in this thread

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Anyone can point and click in Windows but having a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the OS and knowing how to make things work within the OS are different things.

It’s trash regardless.

I was able to get it to format to NTFS but it still doesn't allow me to record more than 1 minute. 

And before someone asks, I set it to Capture Location and Picture, Video and Media.

Edited by MalaXmaS
8 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I was able to get it to format to NTFS but it still doesn't allow me to record more than 1 minute. 

And before someone asks, I set it to Capture Location and Picture, Video and Media.

So this is an external HDD for Xbox right? Series X?  Make, Model how large.  The problem you're having is recording on series X?

Edited by Spicalicious
12 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

So this is an external HDD for Xbox right? Series X?  Make, Model how large.  The problem you're having is recording on series X?

Playstation 4 Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD 2 tb

Previously used on PS4 to run games externally so its definitely 3.0

Edited by MalaXmaS

just watch at one lemming, who claims to be a Windows expert, is not going to be able to help the other lemming.

....and he's going to blame it on the Seagate USB 3.0 hard drive being "Playstation branded" even though that designation means absolutely nothing.