Valve Steam Deck typical battery life for actual 3D games is about 2 hours.

067170.jpg

Forza Horizon 5

Forza Horizon 5, on the other hand, couldn't always stay above 30fps on the high preset, dropping to 24fps. Already in lower presets, Steam Deck managez to reach 61fps with drops to 31fps. Still, even at 60fps, Linus Tech claims that the experience is not the best, appearing to have a certain lag.

067167.jpg

067168.jpg

Devil May Cry 5

As you all know, Capcom has been bringing incredible optimization to its PC games and the Steam Deck is no different. On the medium preset with anti-aliasing enabled, the game never drops below 70fps.

067161.jpg

Control

In Remedy's latest game, the Steam Deck achieves great performance. For those less demanding, it manages to stay above 30fps on the medium preset. However, for those looking for better performance, it is possible to lower the graphics settings to get very close to 60fps.

067159.jpg

067158.jpg

Wonder why they tested it with those games, there's much better games in which to test it with.

Gonna be awesome playing RE Engine games on this.

Important to remember this is running essentially an emulation layer and doing quite a bit of extra work just to run these games.

I wonder how it will perform with Windows installed.  That will be interested to see the comparisons between them.

There's still the issue of game support too, through Proton.  But I think they'll be moving at a quicker pace once the machine actually gets out there.

Hopefully I get mine relatively soon.  I'm in the Q2 group.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thing will be a cool novelty with no real practical use. 

It'll be the ultimate portable emulation device and quite frankly, the amount of indie games and AA games on Steam alone that this thing will run makes the Library available to users larger than anything else out there that's comparable.

It's a device for a certain crowd, that's for sure... but there's a LOT of people who would be interested in this device and what you could actually do with it, not just as a gaming console, but a PC in general.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Niche product but pretty impressive what it can do. Battery life to be expected. 

The button/analogue stick layout is still what I can't get my head around, don't know how that is going to be comfortable to play. 

Linus had an issue with it, basically saying that he was fine with the placement of the buttons but reaching the shoulder buttons and everything was a bit uncomfortable.

He compared his hands to his Asian wife in the video and I noticed she has bigger hands than he does... so I'm not too sure if that's just his problem.. or if it's going to be mine as well lol

He also complained about the haptics and touchpad.  Sounds a bit underwhelming.  I think it could maybe be a battery issue, using too much power for what it was worth, so they toned it down perhaps.  He said they're working on fixing it through software, so who knows?

Others are saying the controls are fine though... but I haven't watched everything out there.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Linus had an issue with it, basically saying that he was fine with the placement of the buttons but reaching the shoulder buttons and everything was a bit uncomfortable.

He compared his hands to his Asian wife in the video and I noticed she has bigger hands than he does... so I'm not too sure if that's just his problem.. or if it's going to be mine as well lol

He also complained about the haptics and touchpad.  Sounds a bit underwhelming.  I think it could maybe be a battery issue, using too much power for what it was worth, so they toned it down perhaps.  He said they're working on fixing it through software, so who knows?

Others are saying the controls are fine though... but I haven't watched everything out there.

Yeah it's probably going to vary greatly from person to person based on their hands and what they are comfortable with so really won't truly know till you get your hands on it. 

25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Niche product but pretty impressive what it can do. Battery life to be expected. 

The button/analogue stick layout is still what I can't get my head around, don't know how that is going to be comfortable to play. 

its absolutely a joke where they have the face buttons located.

and then on top of that, having the analog sticks be almost in a straight horizontal line from the center of the D-pad and face buttons, because they wanted to accommodate their idiotic touchpads that nobody really uses.