Insiders describe ‘fast and furious’ exits from Xbox’s Perfect Dark studio

26 minutes ago, Remij said:

Phil's getting another raise, confirmed. :hest: 

LOL you've already admitted to bad management at Xbox, something I already predicted two years ago.

Too late, sweetie.

Can you imagine how sad it must be to be okay with somebody running dev studios into the ground in order to keep a guy's still employed because you that butthurt about somebody making fun of them? I don't need to imagine such a thing. LOL

MS fucking sucks as a publisher man. They've got great 1st party teams, but they force them to be franchise stewards rather than artists. 343 is a MS division created to make Halo. The Coalition was initially making a stealth action game before MS forced them to become Gears of War LLC. Turn 10 the Forza team, etc.

Hopefully this is changing with the acquisition of Ninja Theory, Double Fine, Bethesda, but I bet if any of them produce a megahit, they will be forced to remake it forever.

What gets me about lemmings and Microsoft to some extent is they get hold of a studio or IP and try a create a ruse in which we all have to pretend they’re a good studio/dev/game etc. When the fuck has perfect dark ever been good? This shit was a launch title on the 360 that was overshadowed by pretty much anything released after 6 months, and before that, you have to go back to the 90s. 

I don’t know why people expected anything more. 

• Like 1
On 2022-03-17 at 2:26 PM, Cell said:

What gets me about lemmings and Microsoft to some extent is they get hold of a studio or IP and try a create a ruse in which we all have to pretend they’re a good studio/dev/game etc. When the fuck has perfect dark ever been good? This shit was a launch title on the 360 that was overshadowed by pretty much anything released after 6 months, and before that, you have to go back to the 90s. 

I don’t know why people expected anything more. 

Perfect Dark for N64 got a 9.9 on GS and was one of finest FPSs for its time and superior to GoldenEye in virtually every way. But that was pre-MS. :lul: 

• Like 2