Why are Senate GOP members against supporting our troops??

• Ike★ changed the title to Why are Senate GOP members against supporting our troops??
4 hours ago, Ike said:

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2022/07/27/new-benefits-for-burn-pit-victims-in-limbo-after-senate-republicans-block-plan/

Can't even give the people they always LARP as benefits from the effects when they were overseas in Bush's war.

How disgusting. :shake: 

Are you surprised? 

The republicans has also voted to defund the police in the house and the senate... But then run to this TV and claim its the democrats that wanted to do it.    

And then when the bill passed, the Republicans tried to take credit for a bill they didn't vote for.  They know thief base are lazy low information slobs. Easily duped. 

And this is why we need to greatly expand the rules on putting cameras every-fucking-where throughout the chambers of Congress, to capture this:

Republicans were actually celebrating blocking the VA bill, on the floor of Congress.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It will be passed eventually. It just needs to be looked at again to make sure every bit of money will be properly accounted for. Democrats are known for sneaking completely unrelated BS into their proposals to try and push their agendas.

There is nothing in the bill unrelated to veterans.  Can you point to where it speaks to anything else? 

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

There is nothing in the bill unrelated to veterans.  Can you point to where it speaks to anything else? 

Senator Toomey points out the reason Republicans shot this version of the bill down is because Schumer attached a gimmick to it that opens the door for hundreds of billions in mandatory spending that doesn't even help veterans. So, Republican Senator Pat Toomey offered an amendment to fix Schumer's tricky little accounting gimmick. One simple change would make sure every taxpayer dollar goes to helping veterans and not bake in $400 billion of more inflationary spending and Schumer shot it down. Senate sources are telling "Primetime" that Schumer has now agreed to Toomey's amendment and the bill Jon Stewart and all of us care about is expected to pass early next week and this ginned-up drama will be over. 

All this outrage was just to make republicans look bad so dems can try to scrape together more votes for the midterms. Its really impressive how easily you guys allow yourselves to be mislead.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

All this outrage was just to make republicans look bad so dems can try to scrape together more votes for the midterms. Its really impressive how easily you guys allow yourselves to be mislead.

First off you didn't answer the question about what in the bill is unrelated to vets. 

2nd of all, how you defined mandatory spending is a flat out lie. Mandatory spending is not a gimmick.  Those type of bills are either discretionary or Mandatory.  

Mandatory spending means the funding for vets cannot be taken away at a later date. 

Republicans want it to be discretionary so that they can later gut all funding for it if they get full power again. But still be able to say in public that the bill passed. 

Why are you guys always so easily duped it takes two seconds to research and get the real information.

You can read the bill yourself on the congress website. 

There it is in layman's terms for you to understand. 

The bill was already passed in June in the senate.... The same exact bill.

Republicans in the house (the house controls the budget) made a slight amendment just so the senate has to revote on it.   

For the purposes of  Republicans blocking it during the second go around and for them to go around on TV with the BS sound bites to easily mislead low information slobs like yourself. 

https://rules.house.gov/bill/117/hr-3967-sa

Check the link... Direct from the congress website, you can see the bill had passed in June and what the Republicans in the house to send it back and delay it to play politics. 

Why are you always so easily mislead?  Educate yourself. 

Edited by Goukosan

Fucking gross Twinkie is even beginning to defend this. This is simply for medical care for our veterans who stood next to burning garbage while deployed. I’m a veteran and you can go fuck yourself and play in traffic  :scust:

6 hours ago, Ike said:

Fucking gross Twinkie is even beginning to defend this. This is simply for medical care for our veterans who stood next to burning garbage while deployed. I’m a veteran and you can go fuck yourself and play in traffic  :scust:

Bbbbbut he is a battlefield vet though. 

On 2022-07-30 at 2:06 AM, Goukosan said:

First off you didn't answer the question about what in the bill is unrelated to vets. 

2nd of all, how you defined mandatory spending is a flat out lie. Mandatory spending is not a gimmick.  Those type of bills are either discretionary or Mandatory.  

Mandatory spending means the funding for vets cannot be taken away at a later date. 

Republicans want it to be discretionary so that they can later gut all funding for it if they get full power again. But still be able to say in public that the bill passed. 

Why are you guys always so easily duped it takes two seconds to research and get the real information.

You can read the bill yourself on the congress website. 

There it is in layman's terms for you to understand. 

The bill was already passed in June in the senate.... The same exact bill.

Republicans in the house (the house controls the budget) made a slight amendment just so the senate has to revote on it.   

For the purposes of  Republicans blocking it during the second go around and for them to go around on TV with the BS sound bites to easily mislead low information slobs like yourself. 

https://rules.house.gov/bill/117/hr-3967-sa

Check the link... Direct from the congress website, you can see the bill had passed in June and what the Republicans in the house to send it back and delay it to play politics. 

Why are you always so easily mislead?  Educate yourself. 

hey gouk 

guess what? 

THEY PASSED THE BILL JUST LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD 

Any comments?

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hey gouk 

guess what? 

Any comments?

Where did I say it wouldn't pass? 

I said the same EXACT bill already passed in June and that republicans blocked it on the second go around in July to play political theater. 

And you were duped by the theater for the SAME BILL. 

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where did I say it wouldn't pass? 

I said the same EXACT bill already passed in June and that republicans blocked it on the second go around in July to play political theater. 

And you were duped by the theater for the SAME BILL. 

So you knew it would pass and still decided to be outraged? Guess you're the one playing political theater.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

hey gouk 

guess what? 

Any comments?

Guess what Twinblade. 

The SAME EXACT BILL that republicans claimed had gimmicks in it.... Passed. 

All that gimmick talk was lies and political theater, just like I said. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Guess what Twinblade. 

The SAME EXACT BILL that republicans claimed had gimmicks in it.... Passed. 

All that gimmick talk was lies and political theater, just like I said. 

It passed just like I said it would. The loopholes just needed to be closed first.

Just admit you were wrong and I was right :reg:

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It passed just like I said it would. The loopholes just needed to be closed first.

Just admit you were wrong and I was right :reg:

It's the same EXACT BILL nothing was changed. 

Please show me what loop holes that there to begin with to be closed and were closed? 

You're so eager to be duped by political theater and are too lazy to actually source the BS you're saying. 

Edited by Goukosan