New Playstation controller announced "Dualsense Edge"

06d8a7c076df3b090cf777525e61e9a65174f410

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/23/introducing-the-dualsense-edge-wireless-controller-the-ultra-customizable-controller-for-playstation-5/

6d2cc41e93d7305c7e4a484780f6b798d9b95ae6

b3488f38c3571fea06c475e1c7ca59310e927641

-Built in replaceable analog stick modules

-Changeable stick caps and back buttons

-Function buttons to quickly change between presets

-Multiple profiles support

-Adjustable trigger travel distance and dead zone

No word on price or availability, nor improved battery life.. but not a bad upgrade.  

Edited by Remij

So essentially an elite. Solid, but I’m sure it’ll be overpriced. 

also, the paddles.. it says replaceable, but are they removable? I’d assume so, but there are some scruff controllers that don’t allow this. Those suck 

are there only two paddles on this? I used two for a while but finally got used to four, four is superior. 

Edited by ghostz
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Should be fixed now?

They were just the two pictures of the controller front and back that are in the blog post I linked.

Oh shit, just think it's my work filter for no gaming sites. :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh shit, just think it's my work filter for no gaming sites. :tom: 

Nah don't think so.  When I came and saw your post the two lower pictures weren't working for me either.

I went to the link again, and noticed that the images had changed from black backgrounds, to white now.  Maybe they changed them for some reason or other.

Or are they still not working for you?

It looks good... I like the touch pad being black, should have been like that with the original.  Also, they missed the perfect opportunity to fix the start/select buttons.  They should have been slightly bigger and more protruded.  I hate them on the original DS controller.. and they look to suck here too.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Nah don't think so.  When I came and saw your post the two lower pictures weren't working for me either.

I went to the link again, and noticed that the images had changed from black backgrounds, to white now.  Maybe they changed them for some reason or other.

Or are they still not working for you?

Yeah looks good. I have just one question though: 

D8BAABFB-48ED-4E8F-A321-7A537BD0B707.gif

What are the fucking things on the back and at the bottoms? More triggers? Are you fucking kidding me? What in the flying fuck is this trash controller and why would anyone ever need this? 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

What are the fucking things on the back and at the bottoms? More triggers? Are you fucking kidding me? What in the flying fuck is this trash controller and why would anyone ever need this? 

The things on the back are 2 paddle buttons.

The things on the bottom are quick release mechanisms for the analog stick modules.. which you can swap out for new ones if they have any issues.

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

The things on the back a 2 paddles..

The things on the bottom are quick release mechanisms for the analog stick modules.. which you can swap out for new ones if they have any issues.

What the fuck is a paddle? Do I look like I want to go on a kayak trip? 

And replacement parts on a controller is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Instead buy the cheaper controller and if you're too dumb to break your triggers then buy another one. Jesus christ. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

And replacement parts on a controller is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Instead buy the cheaper controller and if you're too dumb to break your triggers then buy another one. Jesus christ. 

Well, stick drift is a big problem,  and this looks to be their way of solving it lol.

Wonder what this thing will cost? lol

49 minutes ago, Ramza said:

They’re back buttons that can be mapped to be another (existing) button.

for instance when playing a fps and let’s say X is jump, you have to take your thumb off the right stick, which means you can’t aim. Now you can keep your thumb on an analog and hit jump at the same time by using the paddle (button on the back)

that being said, Sony half baking as usual and only providing two paddles….

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

for instance when playing a fps and let’s say X is jump, you have to take your thumb off the right stick, which means you can’t aim. Now you can keep your thumb on an analog and hit jump at the same time by using the paddle (button on the back)

Two paddles is the right choice.  They did it for a reason, and it's not because it's half-assed.  It's that essentially nobody uses all 4 paddles on the back of their "Pro" controllers.  2 of them usually always get in the way and are accidentally pressed.  On my Elite 2, I've detached 2 of the paddles because 4 is simply too busy and there's mis-clicks.

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

At the end of the day you're still playing a fps with a pad like a dumbass. :D 

I use my thumb to reach the spacebar. It's amazing, it works every time. 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Two paddles is the right choice.  They did it for a reason, and it's not because it's half-assed.  It's that essentially nobody uses all 4 paddles on the back of their "Pro" controllers.  2 of them usually always get in the way and are accidentally pressed.  On my Elite 2, I've detached 2 of the paddles because 4 is simply too busy and there's mis-clicks.

It’s just a learning curve. I use all four for the face buttons and have no issues now.  It is still half assed, they could have gave you the option to use four. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

At the end of the day you're still playing a fps with a pad like a dumbass. :D 

I use my thumb to reach the spacebar. It's amazing, it works every time. 

Just an example there are plenty of others where it’s useful. Shooting games or games where aim is required are obviously what these are geared for though 

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It’s just a learning curve. I use all four for the face buttons and have no issues now.  It is still half assed, they could have gave you the option to use four. 

Hell no.  There's a reason why there's not 6 face buttons on controllers anymore... 

2 is the right balance.  If you can't do what you need to do with 2 extra back button, lower the difficulty :geese: 

Just now, Remij said:

Hell no.  There's a reason why there's not 6 face buttons on controllers anymore... 

2 is the right balance.  If you can't do what you need to do with 2 extra back button, lower the difficulty :geese: 

I just prefer my fingers being on the analog sticks at all times, it’s  better in every situation. 

Edited by ghostz