Serious question, what's good for PS5?

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not just me... cows themselves want a remaster of Bloodborne for the exact same reason.  The game deserves better.  You can literally play every other FROMSOFT Souls-like on PC and console at 60fps... and once you have.. there's no going back..  it just feels terrible.

And as a side note, I've been playing Elden Ring on PC again and the patches have completely fixed the stuttering that version had at launch.  I specifically went through areas which I knew for a fact stuttered and it was locked 60 the entire way. :smoke: 

I'm never playing Bloodborne ever again. Under any form. I'm good but I get it. 

That's good to hear but I'm still gaming on a potato GPU. I'm afraid I have more issues than just sporadic framerates drops. I've contemplated buying Elden Ring on my DustStation 4 even, can you imagine? Absolutely gross.  

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm never playing Bloodborne ever again. Under any form. I'm good but I get it. 

That's good to hear but I'm still gaming on a potato GPU. I'm afraid I have more issues than just sporadic framerates drops. I've contemplated buying Elden Ring on my DustStation 4 even, can you imagine? Absolutely gross.  

One of these days you'll have a PC which beasts it.  The game isn't going anywhere so if you decide to try it again later, you'll have a better time.

Elden Ring is pretty awesome man.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

One of these days you'll have a PC which beasts it.  The game isn't going anywhere so if you decide to try it again later, you'll have a better time.

Elden Ring is pretty awesome man.

Yeah, that's what I like about PC gaming actually. I get to choose my 'gen' whenever I want. Let's face it anyway, most games I play are low end on the graphics scale and not because I have a bad PC, that's just the type of stuff I play. 

I'm currently playing Trails from Zero which would feel at home on PS1, I got NMH3 pre-ordered, which looks like vomit, and Triangle Strategy, a game that run most likely fine even on Switch. My laptop might be shit but it aces those games and I'm cool with that.

Nothing else high end on the horizon either. Tactics Ogre (PSP game lol), Like a Dragon Ishin (remake of a PS3/PS4 game lol), Octopath Traveller II, Wanted Dead... You get the idea. 

Maybe Street Fighter VI? But at 1080p it should be fine. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Does Demon Souls remake hold up by today’s standards? I tried playing it back on the ps3, but never gave it a fair shot. Anyhow, I think I may like the slower feel. 

Yes

The combat is a lot simpler but the core is the same, and it still has some of the best level design in the series

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, that's what I like about PC gaming actually. I get to choose my 'gen' whenever I want. Let's face it anyway, most games I play are low end on the graphics scale and not because I have a bad PC, that's just the type of stuff I play. 

I'm currently playing Trails from Zero which would feel at home on PS1, I got NMH3 pre-ordered, which looks like vomit, and Triangle Strategy, a game that run most likely fine even on Switch. My laptop might be shit but it aces those games and I'm cool with that.

Nothing else high end on the horizon either. Tactics Ogre (PSP game lol), Like a Dragon Ishin (remake of a PS3/PS4 game lol), Octopath Traveller II, Wanted Dead... You get the idea. 

Maybe Street Fighter VI? But at 1080p it should be fine. 

Lmfao "choose any gen you want". Just say you're poor

There certainly is a problem with PC gaming atm with the latest hardware essentially pricing out large groups of people.  The market is quite fucked at the moment, but it will eventually correct itself.

AMD's 7000 series CPUs are selling way less than expected, and it's not hard to understand why.  Who is going to buy into an entirely new platform for the 7000 series CPUs, when you can keep your same AM4 motherboard and RAM and get a 5800X3D and get around the same performance?

The only people AM5 really caters to at the moment are people who are switching from Intel to AMD, who have to buy an entire new platform in the first place... and in that case it makes sense to go with AM5.  

But the industry has another thing coming if they think that $500+ mid ranged Motherboards and $1000+ GPUs are going to fly for long...  AMD is getting a dose of reality right now, and Nvidia will likely get the same thing with their 40 series launch.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

There certainly is a problem with PC gaming atm with the latest hardware essentially pricing out large groups of people.  The market is quite fucked at the moment, but it will eventually correct itself.

AMD's 7000 series CPUs are selling way less than expected, and it's not hard to understand why.  Who is going to buy into an entirely new platform for the 7000 series CPUs, when you can keep your same AM4 motherboard and RAM and get a 5800X3D and get around the same performance?

The only people AM5 really caters to at the moment are people who are switching from Intel to AMD, who have to buy an entire new platform in the first place... and in that case it makes sense to go with AM5.  

But the industry has another thing coming if they think that $500+ mid ranged Motherboards and $1000+ GPUs are going to fly for long...  AMD is getting a dose of reality right now, and Nvidia will likely get the same thing with their 40 series launch.

I saw a laptop rog strix from asus with a rtx 3070ti for 1400$ CAD. That would be totally affordable to me and would be perfect to game at 1440p the current gen stuff. 

Personally, my problem is that I'm studying accounting right now, still one year to go. I'm really tight on money as a result. Normally it wouldn't be an issue to drop 1.5-2 grand for a PC every 5 years or so. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

So, should I play Zero Dawn before Forbidden West?  or does the order doesn't matter?

Gonna quote this again and say this...

If you only have Forbidden West, and are asking if you should BUY and play Zero Dawn first... then I'd say start playing Forbidden West a bit first, and see if it's your kind of game.. and if you like it, and the world enough... then stop playing it, buy the first game and play it.

No sense wasting money buying the first game just to find out it's not your type of game.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Gonna quote this again and say this...

If you only have Forbidden West, and are asking if you should BUY and play Zero Dawn first... then I'd say start playing Forbidden West a bit first, and see if it's your kind of game.. and if you like it, and the world enough... then stop playing it, buy the first game and play it.

No sense wasting money buying the first game just to find out it's not your type of game.

I am not buying it.

I already have it, for free apparently.

I am talking about Zero Dawn.

• Upvote 1