Serious question, what's good for PS5?

Just try Horizon Forbidden West.. you have it right there.. lol. 

Ragnarok is coming right away as well..  If you haven't played God of War 2018.. I suggest getting cozy this weekend and playing the fuck out of that before it comes. :smoke: 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Does Demon Souls remake hold up by today’s standards? I tried playing it back on the ps3, but never gave it a fair shot. Anyhow, I think I may like the slower feel. 

It's exactly the same game you played in 2009 but with prettier graphics. I don't know if you are okay with that, it probably feels a bit dated.

But it is somewhat slower than Bloodborne, Sekiro or Elden Ring and it is one of the easiest Souls game for sure so there's that.

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's exactly the same game you played in 2009 but with prettier graphics. I don't know if you are okay with that, it probably feels a bit dated.

But it is somewhat slower than Bloodborne, Sekiro or Elden Ring and it is one of the easiest Souls game for sure so there's that.

The graphics were too muddy back in 2009. I like that there’s a 60 fps mode and that it just looks significantly cleaner. I think I may like the slower pace too. I recently played Bloodborne and enjoyed my few hours of it. But damn..that framerate made me nauseas at times. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The graphics were too muddy back in 2009. I like that there’s a 60 fps mode and that it just looks significantly cleaner. I think I may like the slower pace too. I recently played Bloodborne and enjoyed my few hours of it. But damn..that framerate made me nauseas at times. 

It's why some people like Remij are still hoping for a Bloodborne port on PC. The performance was not good, the original Demon's Souls too. It looks pretty amazing on PS5 from what I've seen. I'm just saying they didn't change the gameplay at all, it's like that SOTC remake on PS4. Being the original game that started it all I think it might feel a bit dated coming hot from Elden Ring. Quaint experience, almost in comparison.

But I think you should give it a shot anyway. 

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Does Demon Souls remake hold up by today’s standards? I tried playing it back on the ps3, but never gave it a fair shot. Anyhow, I think I may like the slower feel. 

Demon’s Souls on PS3 was one of my favorite games ever but I stopped playing the remake halfway through. It was way too familiar for me but if you don’t have much experience with the original then you might enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

It's why some people like Remij are still hoping for a Bloodborne port on PC. The performance was not good, the original Demon's Souls too. It looks pretty amazing on PS5 from what I've seen. I'm just saying they didn't change the gameplay at all, it's like that SOTC remake on PS4. Being the original game that started it all I think it might feel a bit dated coming hot from Elden Ring. Quaint experience, almost in comparison.

But I think you should give it a shot anyway. 

Not just me... cows themselves want a remaster of Bloodborne for the exact same reason.  The game deserves better.  You can literally play every other FROMSOFT Souls-like on PC and console at 60fps... and once you have.. there's no going back..  it just feels terrible.

And as a side note, I've been playing Elden Ring on PC again and the patches have completely fixed the stuttering that version had at launch.  I specifically went through areas which I knew for a fact stuttered and it was locked 60 the entire way. :smoke: