God of War Ragnarok - Shaping the Story (Behind the scenes/recap) There are NO spoilers in this video for Ragnarok.. only the first game.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

No way will this be better than ER. It looks much the same as the first with all the same faults. Im sure it will be good but Elden Ring? No way 

It'll be tough for sure, but the possibility is there, I think.

Haven't been watching the trailers or media for this game but very hyped! Hoping it's a GoW2 to GoW type sequel where core gameplay is the same but the scale and number of boss fights was just massively increased. 

Don't think it will dethrone ER (even though that game hasn't aged as fondly in my mind since I stopped playing it) because ER was such a breath of fresh air but it's the only thing that even remotely has a chance. 

You gonna be playing it?

I guess they arent really comparable. One is hardcore and focuses on gameplay and exploration. The other is for babies that play those blocks in different shape hole puzzles.

Somewhat joking. Im waiting for in depth reviews tho on GOWR before i buy day 1.

• Haha 1
Just now, JonbX said:

I guess they arent really comparable. One is hardcore and focuses on gameplay and exploration. The other is for babies that play those blocks in different shape hole puzzles.

Somewhat joking. Im waiting for in depth reviews tho on GOWR before i buy day 1.

what 'in depth' analysis are you looking for that could remotely change your made up mind lol

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

That's insane for a single player non rockstar game. 

I was going to download the HZD2 demo on PS5 but it was like 150 gb. With PSN download speeds? No thanks.

Just now, madmaltese said:

what 'in depth' analysis are you looking for that could remotely change your made up mind lol

A lot. I liked the first game but i was so glad when it was over. So much of that game i disliked. I really like Kratos and the story in the GOW games but if it was any other game it would have been trash.

Enemy variety in the first game SUCKED. Lack of weapons, and holding the second one til way too far into the game. Boss fights, or i should say the lack of them. Repeated mini bosses over and over. The puzzles. Wow were they awful and repeated. Over and over. Backtracking. Etc. The first game sucked pretty bad tbh. Those annoying little comic relief characters that were not funny.

So im waiting to see if there are improvements on the many negatives of the first.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You mean Horizon Forbidden West? Meh demos of open world games.

Yes. Really just wanted to see what the graphics were like. I didnt like the first game and im sure i wouldnt like the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, JonbX said:

A lot. I liked the first game but i was so glad when it was over. So much of that game i disliked. I really like Kratos and the story in the GOW games but if it was any other game it would have been trash.

Enemy variety in the first game SUCKED. Lack of weapons, and holding the second one til way too far into the game. Boss fights, or i should say the lack of them. Repeated mini bosses over and over. The puzzles. Wow were they awful and repeated. Over and over. Backtracking. Etc. The first game sucked pretty bad tbh. Those annoying little comic relief characters that were not funny.

So im waiting to see if there are improvements on the many negatives of the first.

I highly disagree but those changes are exactly what I mean when i say I want a GoW to GoW2 sequel. GoW2 'looked' the same as the original but just had so much more content. Way more enemy variety, so many more boss fights, more locations, etc. Watch this do the same but people (prob you included) will just say its just more of the same

9 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Yes. Really just wanted to see what the graphics were like. I didnt like the first game and im sure i wouldnt like the 2nd.

It has the best graphics from any game out so far but if you didn't like the first and it's combat you won't like this either.