Supermassive PSVR2 Horror Game Will Feature Eye Blinking-Responsive Enemies

3 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

no one is saying it can’t be done.

you already lost this argument.

there's no point in making yourself look stupider than you already are.

I love how you are now backtracking how you interpreted what Hot Sauce said:hest:

So, its A.) You were too stupid to understand what he was saying. Or B.) Both you and Hot Sauce are wrong.

Clearly I have no problem with either of those scenarios.:tom:

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony deserves huge credit for being the only one doing VR. Major appeal of the system.

Well we can't control our pupils on demand like that. You can change your focal plane or focus on something lighter/darker to force your pupil to constrict or expand, but neither of those works well w

It depends on how immersive you want your games to be. Just look at sims like DCS. I tried it out, and you literally have to follow a checklist to correctly start up the engine. Like starting the APU,

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL Sony's own people have talked about that.

And nobody will ever look to you to interpret what somebody else said.

They absolutely can design this........and there's already one game coming at its launch that will do this:

Playstation VR 2: Your eyes are part of the game in the tactical shooter “Firewall Ultra”

Firewall Zero Hour is one of the most popular games on Playstation VR. The successor, Firewall Ultra for PSVR 2, allows input via eye tracking.

LOL, you lost again:drake:

I don't think they mean blinking. Just that the cursor is where you eyes are looking basically. Then you press a button. Pretty natural stuff for VR and minimize neck movements. 

Like I love head tracking in Skyrim VR with a dualshock but at the end of the day, my neck was a bit tired after a session of looking all around me. 

5 hours ago, Ramza said:

I don't think they mean blinking. Just that the cursor is where you eyes are looking basically. Then you press a button. Pretty natural stuff for VR and minimize neck movements. 

Like I love head tracking in Skyrim VR with a dualshock but at the end of the day, my neck was a bit tired after a session of looking all around me. 

Jerry got fibbing…..again. :hehe:

10 hours ago, Ramza said:

It says input.

Not cursor movement.

4 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Jerry got fibbing…..again. :hehe:

LOL this desperate loser loses again.

1 hour ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

No it’s not lol. VR1 was a massive flop, and this one is likely DOA. 

No, it wasn't

PSVR1 was the top selling VR device through 2020.

And then Quest 2 has been the top selling VR device since it debuted in late 2020.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

It says input.

Not cursor movement.

LOL this desperate loser loses again.

Listen, input VIA eye tracking. Eye tracking in no way necessarily refers to blinking.

It's actually common in VR, it's just that usually it's HEAD tracking and not EYE tracking. That's the subtle difference here.

I mean you could be right but I have my doubts.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it wasn't

PSVR1 was the top selling VR device through 2020.

And then Quest 2 has been the top selling VR device since it debuted in late 2020.

It had mild success.

Considering all the things it did wrong (the camera, using the PS moves), it certainly went on to do alright in the end in context. I remember after the launch window period died down, things were looking grim but then Sony released a few key exclusives and it was smooth sailing from there on. Not great but not disastrous like some were expecting.

I think it had one of the best software attach ration of any VR device at some point. And that's not surprising. Software sales on PC is slow. Meta was doing good for a while but I'm pretty sure it's dying down now or reaching saturation point.

I think PSVR2 is a bit too early in the PS5 lifecycle. Like so many people have yet to buy a PS5 to begin with and Sony think they'll move 2m PSVR2 headsets at launch? I find that extremely unlikely. That's what I would expect the device to sell during it's first 12 months OR MORE on the market. This is a 5-9m lifetime sales device. VR market has yet to be mainstream and a non wireless device is not going to be a mainstream breakthrough. It'll work with the current Playstation fanbase but it won't expand the VR market beyond that.

It'll be interesting to see. Sony might surprises me yet. Firewall Zero Hour 2/Astro Bot 2/a new Wipeout? Man, I'm actually gonna port beg for real. Haha. 

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

5.8% attach rate :kaz:

fffflllllooooopppp!

That's a stupid barometer to gauge the PSVR success.

Just because you buy a PS4 doesn't mean you have to care about VR also. 

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Exactly my point. Shit flopped. Didn’t even reach 6% of the audience. 

PSVR2 will flop even harder. It’s costs more than PS5 does :cruise:

Huh, I'm saying that's irrelevant. a PS4 owner is no way obligated to care about VR or play VR. If you want to say that the VR market is a flop, well that's a different argument altogether. But PSVR certainly didn't flop when in it's prime it was the highest selling VR headset on the market. Lmao, that's way more relevant than how many PS4 owners actually bought the thing. 

Damn, I forgot about the pricing. You're right on that, this is for enthusiasts only at that price point. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Listen, input VIA eye tracking. Eye tracking in no way necessarily refers to blinking.

It's actually common in VR, it's just that usually it's HEAD tracking and not EYE tracking. That's the subtle difference here.

I mean you could be right but I have my doubts.

no, they wouldn't need to point anything out if it worked just like head tracking.

yes, eye tracking ALSO tracks blinking.

do you not know how IR reflection works?

what do you think the infrared is reflecting off of?

Your pupils.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

no, they wouldn't need to point anything out if it worked just like head tracking.

yes, eye tracking ALSO tracks blinking.

do you not know how IR reflection works?

what do you think the infrared is reflecting off of?

Your pupils.

So what parts of Firewall Ultra are going to implement blinking?

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

This is from Sony's PSVR2 trailer

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulUnderstatedGarpike-mobile.mp4

No blinking, Jerry. Just a quick menu selection, where you look is basically your selection then you let it go, like quick weapons wheel in a FPS. 

On 2022-12-31 at 9:36 PM, Hot Sauce said:

This is from Sony's PSVR2 trailer

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulUnderstatedGarpike-mobile.mp4

so it appears they successfully changed weapons off a wheel GUI design with their eyes.

I'll finish the rest of the detail in this second, because it directly answer's Ramza's post

23 hours ago, Ramza said:

No blinking, Jerry. Just a quick menu selection, where you look is basically your selection then you let it go, like quick weapons wheel in a FPS. 

Look at that gif, look at the blue eye thing on the left side, and look at the upper-most part where there's a blue-dot

Notice that a circle expanded, and at the same time (on the right-side) the weapon was selected.

That could indicate you choosing the weapon by expanding your pupil to confirm the selection.