A Demo of Street Fighter VI is available now on PS4 and PS5 (April 26 on the rest of platforms)

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i still can't believe the usual suspects on the internet have not lost their shit about a certain presentation character that is featured in SF6's main intro and menu screens.

I haven't played the demo, what do you mean?

49 minutes ago, bhytre said:

god this game looks so abysmal, Tekken 8 annihilates its dookie hole :mj:

This is the only game that I want to play on day one so far this year. 

Other fighters like Faggen I wait until they hit the bargain bin. They're irrelevant because I will never spent much time playing them online, if at all.

Still not really sold on the art direction. I know Capcom loves their RE Engine but I don't think it's a good fit for Street Fighter. Also, something about the combat just feels... off. Not sure what it is though. 

Art style is kinda weird but i did enjoy how it plays. Not sure why it defaults into the casual control scheme. I didnt try the tour mode yet but ill probably pick this game up.

I think I know why the game feels off to me. Characters are a little too rooted when they do a lot of their moves. In other Fighting games there's almost always some forward momentum when you do a move. In this game a lot of moves keep you in place or you barely move forward at all. So the fighting has a stubby feel to it. 

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I think I know why the game feels off to me. Characters are a little too rooted when they do a lot of their moves. In other Fighting games there's almost always some forward momentum when you do a move. In this game a lot of moves keep you in place or you barely move forward at all. So the fighting has a stubby feel to it. 

You mean during normals, specials, or both? 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

You mean during normals, specials, or both? 

Both. Only Luke and Ryu are playable in the demo though so maybe it's just them. They do have some moves with forward momentum but a lot of their attacks just kind of kept them in place or they really didn't advance forward much. Like they barely move an inch. Dashing/Back Dashing move a lot of ground so it's kind of easy to bait shit and make it whiff.

Edited by Sabo
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Both. Only Luke and Ryu are playable in the demo though so maybe it's just them. They do have some moves with forward momentum but a lot of their attacks just kind of kept them in place or they really didn't advance forward much. Like they barely move an inch. Dashing/Back Dashing move a lot of ground so it's kind of easy to bait shit and make it whiff.

Kinda lame yeah, I like 'moving' with normals, something I picked up playing Dudley for years in Third Strike. Good for zoning/corner pressure and it build your special gauge.

I'll go try it out now. 

I don't like this game. Not sure if it's the PC version but it feels like it has a bit of latency to the input, just enough to feel slightly off. The parry mechanic is a joke and the new EX mechanic is pretty fucking dumb.

After doing 3 matches the game boots you back up to the main menu and the new automated controls schemes for dumbos is on by default. Lmfao, what a terrible experience this demo has been. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, the Parry seems like its more of a Focus Attack from SF IV than an actual Parry.

I don't get the 3 match limit thing since you can immediately go back in and start another set. More of a nuisance than anything. You can apparently play quite a bit in the World Tour mode though but I haven't messed with it. Progress doesn't carry over so I didn't see the point.

4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, the Parry seems like its more of a Focus Attack from SF IV than an actual Parry.

I don't get the 3 match limit thing since you can immediately go back in and start another set. More of a nuisance than anything. You can apparently play quite a bit in the World Tour mode though but I haven't messed with it. Progress doesn't carry over so I didn't see the point.

I was warming up to the game and then I tried World Tour and hated it. Maybe it's my fault but it sems to be stuck with the retarded control scheme.