Apparently the Guerilla Decime engine will be used in more first party games

Looking forward to seeing it used in more games. It’s the best engine currently IMO.

I wasn’t really impressed with UE5 in a real game with Fortnite. I’m still waiting for actual games to impress me with UE5 but Decima has completely blown me away on consoles at least. It’s extremely detailed and graphically and still able to get great performance out of it with 60+fps in games. 

3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Looking forward to seeing it used in more games. It’s the best engine currently IMO.

I wasn’t really impressed with UE5 in a real game with Fortnite. I’m still waiting for actual games to impress me with UE5 but Decima has completely blown me away on consoles at least. It’s extremely detailed and graphically and still able to get great performance out of it with 60+fps in games. 

All the UE5 stuff runs at 30fps so far. Plagues Tale, Medium, Silent Hill, Matrix demo. The framerate is the issue it's all 1440p 30fps and on top of that not better looking than Horizon or Ratchet so far. Both of those have 120fps modes for Christ sake and ratchet has a 60fps ray tracing mode.

41 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

All the UE5 stuff runs at 30fps so far. Plagues Tale, Medium, Silent Hill, Matrix demo. The framerate is the issue it's all 1440p 30fps and on top of that not better looking than Horizon or Ratchet so far. Both of those have 120fps modes for Christ sake and ratchet has a 60fps ray tracing mode.

Neither Horizon or Ratchet run at 120fps. Why do you fools keep saying this? 120hz is not 120fps  :D 

2 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Neither Horizon or Ratchet run at 120fps. Why do you fools keep saying this? 120hz is not 120fps  :D 

They run higher than 60fps though and in the case of R&C about 100fps on average.

:mj: That's a lot better that can be said about MS and their "next gen games" which all seem to be stuck at 30fps outside of Flopza.

What's even more impressive is that games like R&C are doing all this while implementing features like raytracing in real-time.

2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

True which is why I feel Decima is the more impressive engine on consoles at least.

I can implement all the UE5 features on my PC and still get extremely high framerates but it seems like on consoles outside of Fortnite, 30fps seems to the norm for UE5 games.

I'm not impressed at all with 30fps. Give me games engines like Decima that can give amazing visuals and still have 120Hz modes and 60+fps gameplay. Decima engine on consoles is the more impressive engine out of the two for me right now.

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

They run higher than 60fps though and in the case of R&C about 100fps on average.

:mj: That's a lot better that can be said about MS and their "next gen games" which all seem to be stuck at 30fps outside of Flopza.

What's even more impressive is that games like R&C are doing all this while implementing features like raytracing in real-time.

Dude … they run at 40. Tf are you talking about lol

1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Dude … they run at 40. Tf are you talking about lol

You're a retard, they don't run at 40fps only, they can run higher than 60fps and theoretically up to 120fps in 120Hz  VRR Performance mode.

VRR 120Hz  allows them to support 40fps in Balanced mode (native 4K @ 40fps) since 40fps divides evenly into 120Hz.

The framerate of the games can go higher than 60fps in VRR Performance mode you imbecile. 

How the fuck do you not know this and you claim to own a PS5 and a VRR display? My goodness you're a fucking retard :mj:

Here is a video showing the different display modes Horizon has along with a framerate counter:

Here is Ratchet and Clank running at up to 100fps

You've been raped again. Why do you keep talking with authority about shit you don't have any experience with? At least now we know you're a total liar and don't own a PS5

:ccruise:Cuckstz:ccruise: 

E4A1E4A1-9579-47E9-B9ED-6D6F35B1EC64.thumb.jpeg.c30c621f9a4ea9402993fcde7d3fae56.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 1

If the Xdev leak is true then yes. Think both Sumo and Balistic Moon were listed as using Decima..

So an external studio using the engine for a second party game and the Until Dawn ex started studio.

Sumo Digital is making an open world game on the engine. 

Edited by Playstation Tablet
  • aitch 1
6 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

You're a retard, they don't run at 40fps only, they can run higher than 60fps and theoretically up to 120fps in 120Hz  VRR Performance mode.

VRR 120Hz  allows them to support 40fps in Balanced mode (native 4K @ 40fps) since 40fps divides evenly into 120Hz.

The framerate of the games can go higher than 60fps in VRR Performance mode you imbecile. 

How the fuck do you not know this and you claim to own a PS5 and a VRR display? My goodness you're a fucking retard :mj:

Here is a video showing the different display modes Horizon has along with a framerate counter:

Here is Ratchet and Clank running at up to 100fps

You've been raped again. Why do you keep talking with authority about shit you don't have any experience with? At least now we know you're a total liar and don't own a PS5

:ccruise:Cuckstz:ccruise: 

E4A1E4A1-9579-47E9-B9ED-6D6F35B1EC64.thumb.jpeg.c30c621f9a4ea9402993fcde7d3fae56.jpeg

So this is performance mode only, and the frame rate is all over the place.  We’re talking 60-90, yikes. And here Cows were telling me if it’s more than 10 FPS VRR doesn’t negate stutters, so what is it? LOL

Edited by Tears of the Cows

Decima is already well proven at this point as one of the best engines. But I've never seen any info on the creation side. Does it have a nice editor like UE? How do the procedural features work?

55 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

So this is performance mode only, and the frame rate is all over the place.  We’re talking 60-90, yikes. And here Cows were telling me if it’s more than 10 FPS VRR doesn’t negate stutters, so what is it? LOL

:drake: GTFO here you retard, your shitty games can barely hold 30fps and you’re here trying to criticize Sony’s masterpieces for hitting 60-90fps. That framerate is for Horizon. Ratchet and Clank and even Spiderman hit above 100fps with raytracing on at 1440p. 

You tried to claim these games were stuck at 40fps until I completely destroyed you. You don’t even know how VRR works and you’ve been capping for it all through the time ShitBox had it as an exclusive feature, retard :drake:

VRR negates stutters when you’re above 60fps, something that your shitty Xbox console can’t really do in your current gen exclusives. You wouldn’t know this because you don’t own a PS5 like you claim to. Lying retard doesn’t even know how VRR works  :mjgrin:

Outside of VRR performance mode these games stay locked at 30, 40, 60fps respectively. Unlike the retards at MS, Sony devs actually know how to optimize their games and engines and remain at locked framerates. It’s the reason why both R&C and HFW each won awards from Digital Foundry for technical excellence as well as DICE and BAFTA awards for their graphics technology. Both games are buttery smooth when you play them while looking amazing with a lot of effects on screen and no slowdowns :aitch:

Edited by FIREPOWER
27 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Decima is already well proven at this point as one of the best engines. But I've never seen any info on the creation side. Does it have a nice editor like UE? How do the procedural features work?

I think they showed off a bit of the editing tools a while back on one of these GDCs. It’s been a while so I can’t remember which GDC it was. 

16 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:drake: GTFO here you retard, your shitty games can barely hold 30fps and you’re here trying to criticize Sony’s masterpieces for hitting 60-90fps. That framerate is for Horizon. Ratchet and Clank and even Spiderman hit above 100fps with raytracing on at 1440p. 

You tried to claim these games were stuck at 40fps until I completely destroyed you. You don’t even know how VRR works and you’ve been capping for it all through the time ShitBox had it as an exclusive feature, retard :drake:

VRR negates stutters when you’re above 60fps, something that your shitty Xbox console can’t really do in your current gen exclusives. You wouldn’t know this because you don’t own a PS5 like you claim to. Lying retard doesn’t even know how VRR works  :mjgrin:

Outside of VRR performance mode these games stay locked at 30, 40, 60fps respectively. Unlike the retards at MS, Sony devs actually know how to optimize their games and engines and remain at locked framerates. It’s the reason why both R&C and HFW each won awards from Digital Foundry for technical excellence as well as DICE and BAFTA awards for their graphics technology. Both games are buttery smooth when you play them while looking amazing with a lot of effects on screen and no slowdowns :aitch:

Oh, so VRR with 30 FPS dips is now smooth then???? LMAO time to bump some of your posts :kaz:

14 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Oh, so VRR with 30 FPS dips is now smooth then???? LMAO time to bump some of your posts :kaz:

What part of the game’s framerate stays locked outside of VRR mode does your retarded ass not understand? The game only unlocks framerate when you turn on VRR performance mode and eliminates framrate stutters at above 60fps. The VRR display is able to match the framerate of the game as long as it stays above 60fps which HFW and R&C do easily, totally eliminating stutter. 

:cruise: Geezus Christ  Cuckstz, I know you’re a retard but this isn’t rocket science! The reason we laughed at you retarded lemshits using VRR as a crutch early in the gen is because your games weren’t even hitting 60fps or 50fps for that matter. If the game drops below 50fps VRR can’t eliminate stutter and you retards were trying to use it to make up for the Potato Series X’s lack of performance in multiplats compared to PS5.

Sony’s exclusives don’t have this issue because they don’t dip below their locked framerates and when VRR is used in Sony games  it’s used the way it was designed, to run games at above 60fps or at a locked 40fps. 

:drake: The fact I need to explain this fact to your dumb retarded ass proves to me without a doubt that you don’t own a PS5. You probably also don’t own a VRR capable display since your retard ass doesn’t even know how it works. Stop posing with your nephew’s shit and go work and buy stuff yourself you broke retard.  This is highly embarrassing that you’re exposing your lack of knowledge like this :cruise:

779566625_DeadBeat_Ghostz_Spencerimages.thumb.jpg.0dd8f8babe26bb22dec34cfa432e3971.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER
15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

What part of the game’s framerate stays locked outside of VRR mode does your retarded ass not understand? The game only unlocks framerate when you turn on VRR performance mode and eliminates framrate stutters at above 60fps. The VRR display is able to match the framerate of the game as long as it stays above 60fps which HFW and R&C do easily, totally eliminating stutter. 

:cruise: Geezus Christ  Cuckstz, I know you’re a retard but this isn’t rocket science! The reason we laughed at you retarded lemshits using VRR as a crutch early in the gen is because your games weren’t even hitting 60fps or 50fps for that matter. If the game drops below 50fps VRR can’t eliminate stutter and you retards were trying to use it to make up for the Potato Series X’s lack of performance in multiplats compared to PS5.

Sony’s exclusives don’t have this issue because they don’t dip below their locked framerates and when VRR is used in Sony games  it’s used the way it was designed, to run games at above 60fps or at a locked 40fps. 

:drake: The fact I need to explain this fact to your dumb retarded ass proves to me without a doubt that you don’t own a PS5. You probably also don’t own a VRR capable display since your retard ass doesn’t even know how it works. Stop posing with your nephew’s shit and go work and buy stuff yourself you broke retard.  This is highly embarrassing that you’re exposing your lack of knowledge like this :cruise:

779566625_DeadBeat_Ghostz_Spencerimages.thumb.jpg.0dd8f8babe26bb22dec34cfa432e3971.jpg

He continues to double down :mroff: you’re the one who told me If there’s more than a 10fps drop,  VRR is negated :tom:

58 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

He continues to double down :mroff: you’re the one who told me If there’s more than a 10fps drop,  VRR is negated :tom:

:kaz: You fucking idiot, that's not how VRR works. VRR won't work on a game running at 45fps but it's designed to smooth out framerates at around 50fps or higher. If a game runs at 65fps the refresh rate of the display matches the game's refresh rate totally eliminating stutter. It doesn't matter if a game drops from 90fps down to 65fps, the VRR on the display drops to match it and stutter is eliminated.

When people are talking about VRR not working, they are referring to your average ShitBox multiplat that's running at 45fps which is 15 below the 60fps for your retarded ass. At that framerate, VRR doesn't work.  VRR 120Hz displays are designed to work with locked 30fps, locked 40fps, and 60+fps.

38fps will not work, 45fps will not work. How you aren't understanding this simple concept after so many explanations baffles me :mj:

None of those PS5 games run below 60fps in VRR performance mode meaning VRR works perfectly the way it was designed with games like Horizon and R&C 

You are a fucking imbecile. 

Watch this video and educate your peanut brain on how VRR works in these games....

:kaz: You are really the biggest retard I've ever run into on a gaming forum. This is something an elementary school kid can easily grasp but your retarded ass still can't understand it. 

1896A14F-3B59-4903-9ED6-C5515B641A1D.thumb.jpeg.6c8aedfbf421d124cf096be045164c5a.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
32 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:kaz: You fucking idiot, that's not how VRR works. VRR won't work on a game running at 45fps but it's designed to smooth out framerates at around 50fps or higher. If a game runs at 65fps the refresh rate of the display matches the game's refresh rate totally eliminating stutter. It doesn't matter if a game drops from 90fps down to 65fps, the VRR on the display drops to match it and stutter is eliminated.

When people are talking about VRR not working, they are referring to your average ShitBox multiplat that's running at 45fps which is 15 below the 60fps for your retarded ass. At that framerate, VRR doesn't work.  VRR 120Hz displays are designed to work with locked 30fps, locked 40fps, and 60+fps.

38fps will not work, 45fps will not work. How you aren't understanding this simple concept after so many explanations baffles me :mj:

None of those PS5 games run below 60fps in VRR performance mode meaning VRR works perfectly the way it was designed with games like Horizon and R&C 

You are a fucking imbecile. 

Watch this video and educate your peanut brain on how VRR works in these games....

:kaz: You are really the biggest retard I've ever run into on a gaming forum. This is something an elementary school kid can easily grasp but your retarded ass still can't understand it. 

1896A14F-3B59-4903-9ED6-C5515B641A1D.thumb.jpeg.6c8aedfbf421d124cf096be045164c5a.jpeg

Wrong. LOL. PS5 doesn’t work that way, because it’s half baked. Xbox VRR goes below 48FPS moron. :kaz: