Digital Foundry] - Pikmin 1+2 Switch HD vs GameCube Originals - Is it Enough of An Upgrade?

Same shit.  HD Remaster...  Not every "remaster" has to change shit.  Some do, some don't.

And these games are so good.. glad they brought them to Switch so that all the series is playable there, and in widescreen. :wow2: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Same shit.  HD Remaster...  Not every "remaster" has to change shit.  Some do, some don't.

And these games are so good.. glad they brought them to Switch so that all the series is playable there, and in widescreen. :wow2: 

Nintendo literally said it's an HD port.  Even DF points that out. 

That's not the same as a remaster. 

The distinction matters. 

48 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo literally said it's an HD port.  Even DF points that out. 

That's not the same as a remaster. 

The distinction matters. 

No it doesn't you god damn clown.  It's not even a "port" if you want to get technical because it utilizes emulation..

And I don't give a fuck what Nintendo says.  To normal people they're interchangeable :drake:

3 hours ago, Remij said:

No it doesn't you god damn clown.  It's not even a "port" if you want to get technical because it utilizes emulation..

And I don't give a fuck what Nintendo says.  To normal people they're interchangeable :drake:

You're an idiot. Prime was a "remaster".  This is just a port. They did nothing but increase the resolution and change the font so that it looked good with the upscale. Exact same assets.

2 hours ago, lostfool said:

You're an idiot. Prime was a "remaster".  This is just a port. They did nothing but increase the resolution and change the font so that it looked good with the upscale. Exact same assets.

No, YOU are an idiot.. along with him.  What you just described is literally what remastering is... increasing the resolution of something :drake: 

HD ports are literally remasters.  They're literally interchangeable.  These games are remastered in HD widescreen, upscaled font, and some improved textures.  Some games go further in "remastering" than others and change up the visuals more..

10 hours ago, Remij said:

LemiJ back to making up his own distinctions again and saying "everyone" uses it interchangeably. 

No wonder MS dupes you with the "in engine" footage that you think is the samething as gameplay.  "same shit" :kaz:

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

LemiJ back to making up his own distinctions again and saying "everyone" uses it interchangeably. 

No wonder MS dupes you with the "in engine" footage that you think is the samething as gameplay.  "same shit" :kaz:

I think Remij is drinking out of the same pond and Jerky.  They are both retarded. 

13 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Where did I say everyone, moron?

LOL... acting like I'm making up "my own disctinctions"... that people use HD Remaster when referring to a wide range of games with varying degrees of effort put into them when brought to modern devices.... like Aza did right in this very thread :drake:  

The actual act of "remastering" something, is to improve the quality/clarity of something.  Nintendo improved the clarity of the game, they changed the aspect ratio, they improved the quality of the font textures, they upscaled the video cutscenes...as well as some textures throughout the games.  That's LITERALLY what remastering is...

Nintendo just doesn't want to say shit because they want to manage expectations... because heaven forbid Nintendo fans actually have higher expectations for Nintendo with these conversions... :roll: 

And idiot... you know I know what the difference between in engine and gameplay is... lmfao having to make up shit to try to take a dig at me  :tom: 

9 hours ago, Remij said:

Where did I say everyone, moron?

LOL... acting like I'm making up "my own disctinctions"... that people use HD Remaster when referring to a wide range of games with varying degrees of effort put into them when brought to modern devices.... like Aza did right in this very thread :drake:  

The actual act of "remastering" something, is to improve the quality/clarity of something.  Nintendo improved the clarity of the game, they changed the aspect ratio, they improved the quality of the font textures, they upscaled the video cutscenes...as well as some textures throughout the games.  That's LITERALLY what remastering is...

Nintendo just doesn't want to say shit because they want to manage expectations... because heaven forbid Nintendo fans actually have higher expectations for Nintendo with these conversions... :roll: 

And idiot... you know I know what the difference between in engine and gameplay is... lmfao having to make up shit to try to take a dig at me  :tom: 

There's a difference between an HD re-release, a remaster and a remake... Not going to argue back and forth with you on you choosing to use it interchangeably.... That's your choice to stay retarded :umad:

Oh you finally know the difference between in engine and gameplay.. Good for you...that's growth. 

But when MS had one of their first Xbox series shows you thought the in engine videos were gameplay and double down on it too :kaz:

Edited by Goukosan