The oppressive western patriarchy at work.

Where I come from if you live for one year under the same roof and having a relationship with a woman she's now legally your wife, that's why I always declared myself as single living with a roommate and asked her to do the same. 

giphy.gif

Ok I watched half of this and had to stop watching because so many times he keeps neglecting to mention that if the ex wife gets remarried, the alimony is null. This video is trying way too hard at preaching to a male audience without mentioning any facts as to why this “system” could seem “against men”* or how to avoid falling in such situations in the first place; like number one being actually marry for the right reason, because you love and trust your partner and not because of societal pressure to do what everyone else is doing and end up marrying some rando bimbo who can’t wait to suck the life out of you.

*so the only reason the system seems to be “against men” that I don’t think the video will ever mention, is on average, men earn more money than their spouse. They are the breadwinner that with their income, set a certain lifestyle for he and his spouse that after divorce, the spouse is entitled to still remain in that lifestyle bracket up until they remarry. So Oprah for example is still not married to her longtime partner and there’s speculation that this would be why, she is the breadwinner and not a man, but would be in the same situation as most men who, like I said, do on average make more money than women. Unequal labor wage is way more of an issue than your supposed anti-men divorce laws…

You should watch a movie by Woody Allen called Blue Jasmine, it’s from the perspective of the wife getting dumped by her rich husband which is way more of the commonality of a divorce than how it would affect men…

Edited by z,warrior

Where I come from if you live for one year under the same roof and having a relationship with a woman she's now legally your wife, that's why I always declared myself as single living with a roommate and asked her to do the same. 

Is this for real? Thats the most insane shit ever :ben: 

7 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You should be, but your entitlement makes you too blind to enjoy it. 

I guess I'm entitled to being a poor struggling low class worker who pays taxes up the asses and can barely afford groceries.

Worked my ass off since I was 14 in all sorts of blue collar jobs and what do I have? Nothing. My retirement savings diminishing through inflation. I'm gonna be a wage slave until I die. 

What am I supposed to be enjoying again?  

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Is this for real? Thats the most insane shit ever :ben: 

It's not the same as marriage, but you are technically recognized under the law as sort of a spouse. It's called conjoit de fait. Not sure what the English equivalent would be. 

I think, if you are, let's say, a successful business man during that time period where she was officially in a relationship with you, she's now entitled to some financial reparation just because she was in your life at the time for supporting you or something. Things like property will be split in a fashion similar to a marriage break-up even if you weren't married. Or at least that's my understanding. I doubt it's common and the break-up probably need to involve some kind of abuse or something from the man's part for the woman to go away with a bigger share than what she brought. I'm not a lawyer but I know conjoint de fait is a real thing. 

I'll be honest though, I NEVER heard of bad legal ramification for anyone I know in that manner who didn't have children, but then again, not everyone is aware of the legal actions they could theoretically take. Unlike married people or parents where it's mandatory to go through because of legal binding contracts. 

• Upvote 1

There's no patriarchy in the West everything is catered to the comfort of women yet they still complain while they wouldn't even be able to leave the house in other places. 

Being a white man is also awesome, everyone mad as fuck and infinitely butt-hurt :geese:

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I guess I'm entitled to being a poor struggling low class worker who pays taxes up the asses and can barely afford groceries.

Worked my ass off since I was 14 in all sorts of blue collar jobs and what do I have? Nothing. My retirement savings diminishing through inflation. I'm gonna be a wage slave until I die. 

What am I supposed to be enjoying again?  

Yeah, we talked about what social  "entitlement" actually is and isn't over a year ago. It's not wealth or a title, or anything actually tangible. A poor White man could probably go through the deep south with less issue than an affluent black woman could. 

Men whining about alimony working against them never seem to acknowledge the history of marriage, divorce, and historic gender roles. I know divorce laws aren't coordinated attacks on men. Hell, alimony began as a penalty to be paid to the father of family of the wife to avoid retaliation. Then progressed aid women tied to their husbands for survival and combat women who would try to kill themselves or their would-be ex husbands, and/or husbands just leaving their family to fend for themselves. 

Do some divorce laws need changing? I'm sure many due, they are mostly old and not really the platform for many politicians. It's also local law so there's little national narratives that can be deployed. But I know that it's not a system designed to ruin men because they are laws created by men. It's not some female special interest group for alimony, influencing laws to punish men. 

You supposedly this poor white guy from Canada who will die a wage slave and you're here worried about some billionaire's alimony payments being unfair? You are so locked into right wing thought systems and completely unaware of it most of the time. 

The irony is the same ideological belief structures that lead to the need for alimony, are practiced and championed by those who about it the most. Part of social entitlement is avoiding accountability. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, we talked about what social  "entitlement" actually is and isn't over a year ago. It's not wealth or a title, or anything actually tangible. A poor White man could probably go through the deep south with less issue than an affluent black woman could. 

Men whining about alimony working against them never seem to acknowledge the history of marriage, divorce, and historic gender roles. I know divorce laws aren't coordinated attacks on men. Hell, alimony began as a penalty to be paid to the father of family of the wife to avoid retaliation. Then progressed aid women tied to their husbands for survival and combat women who would try to kill themselves or their would-be ex husbands, and/or husbands just leaving their family to fend for themselves. 

Do some divorce laws need changing? I'm sure many due, they are mostly old and not really the platform for many politicians. It's also local law so there's little national narratives that can be deployed. But I know that it's not a system designed to ruin men because they are laws created by men. It's not some female special interest group for alimony, influencing laws to punish men. 

You supposedly this poor white guy from Canada who will die a wage slave and you're here worried about some billionaire's alimony payments being unfair? You are so locked into right wing thought systems and completely unaware of it most of the time. 

The irony is the same ideological belief structures that lead to the need for alimony, are practiced and championed by those who about it the most. Part of social entitlement is avoiding accountability. 

I live in the North, your Southern racists doesn't matter here. If you and me wandered in North Montreal, you'd be the privileged one my friend. My white ass would probably get mugged because I'm in the wrong part of town. 

I never talked about any billionaire alimony payments. You're the one who's convinced himself that I white knight for rich people because I defended Trump or Elon Musk about things that had nothing to do with money or being rich anyhow. Stop it. 

The problem is the current system can be easily weaponized against men, without even needing the burden of proof from the woman side. I understand why these laws exist, it's meant to defend victims of abuse but in turn it's also used to abuse men. I'm not pretending I have the solution, but it's pretty clear being a man is not what it's cracked up to by people like you. (no offense) 

35 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I live in the North, your Southern racists doesn't matter here. If you and me wandered in North Montreal, you'd be the privileged one my friend. My white ass would probably get mugged because I'm in the wrong part of town. 

So my privilege as a Black man would shield me from other Black people, but you being White wouldn't garner you more favor with White people? I appreciate your sentiment but you've also proven to be blind to racism and sexism many times already. 

I never talked about any billionaire alimony payments. You're the one who's convinced himself that I white knight for rich people because I defended Trump or Elon Musk about things that had nothing to do with money or being rich anyhow. Stop it. 

The truth is you're too activated to realize it. Like at some point when people who claim there's no kind of patriarchal mindset in parts of society, yet their default is to always side with it, they're co-signing at the minimum. You've yet to buck that observation, you always side with the hierarchy. 

The problem is the current system can be easily weaponized against men, without even needing the burden of proof from the woman side. I understand why these laws exist, it's meant to defend victims of abuse but in turn it's also used to abuse men. I'm not pretending I have the solution, but it's pretty clear being a man is not what it's cracked up to by people like you. (no offense) 

If you feel this way then surely you believe in institutional racism in court systems against people of color? But then again you dont believe in white privilege so you obviously dont?

This is what I mean by incomplete ideologies that is the rocket fuel for conservatives and the right. Looking at things with no consideration of the genesis of how these things started, a disingenuous view of the zeitgeist, and no actually conclusions or forecast of your own beliefs. It's the ultimate junk food cope possible. So you end up with Straight White Christian men telling everyone else discrimination or privilege doesn't exist at all...but also that the world is against straight people, and men, and Christians, and White people.

14 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So my privilege as a Black man would shield me from other Black people, but you being White wouldn't garner you more favor with White people? I appreciate your sentiment but you've also proven to be blind to racism and sexism many times already. 

What favor and for what? I don't get any special privileges from being white. What, you think white people has a sense of community and help each others out? :kaz:  

Also, before you mention court statistics or something, know that our justice system isn't so busted that as a white man I'd get away with anything. Most people in prisons around here are white.

The only truly privileged in this system are the rich. 

The truth is you're too activated to realize it. Like at some point when people who claim there's no kind of patriarchal mindset in parts of society, yet their default is to always side with it, they're co-signing at the minimum. You've yet to buck that observation, you always side with the hierarchy. 

How am I siding with anything?

I'm simply not. Once again, just because I defended some rich people on some political topics doesn't mean I'm being a billionaire apologists on every topics. You're conflicting irrelevant topics together like it means something.

If you say anything good about Trump it means you are siding with the patriarchy. What stupid nonsense.  

If you feel this way then surely you believe in institutional racism in court systems against people of color? But then again you dont believe in white privilege so you obviously dont?

I believe in racist judges, not so much in systematic racism.

Like I said earlier, I live in a system where our justice isn't completely biased. Maybe come live in Canada if that's how truly feel about your laws? I don't know what else to tell you. 

I do acknowledge that the incarceration statistics in the US are little worrying but I also think if we did deeper into the statistics, a lot of it also make sense. Trying to portray the entire justice system as racist is just insane to me. But I don't live in the US. Maybe I'm being a delusional as Canadian, I'll admit as much. This isn't my battle, tbh. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

What favor and for what? I don't get any special privileges from being white. What, you think white people has a sense of community and help each others out? :kaz:  

I never said anything about special privileges, in fact I've said many times it's not some official declaration of white male privilege. You just keep being obtuse and acting like have some reward card for being a straight white man. 

In this instance I'm trying to figure out why I won't get mugged, but you would, from your example. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Also, before you mention court statistics or something, know that our justice system isn't so busted that as a white man I'd get away with anything. Most people in prisons around here are white.

It's like nuance is some sort of foreign concept with you. No one is saying white men get to commit crimes and go unpunished. Seriously, it's like arguing with children. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

The only truly privileged in this system are the rich. 

The rich have more privileges than an average person, what you are talking about is resources. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

How am I siding with anything?

I'm simply not. Once again, just because I defended some rich people on some political topics doesn't mean I'm being a billionaire apologists on every topics. You're conflicting irrelevant topics together like it means something.

I'm not conflating anything, you only defend them. You like Cooke talk a big game in general terms. You'll blast the generic concept of a rich person, but when it comes down to real life situations, you always take their side. You can say what you want, but it's just how things worked out so far. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

If you say anything good about Trump it means you are siding with the patriarchy. What stupid nonsense.  

Yes. Exactly. There's not a single reason for anyone to give Trump they benefit of the doubt, yet you and people like you always do. 

The man has a history of no paying contractors, stiffing his debts, being sued countless times, scamming to the point his family can't run charities anymore and yet you still believe former employees that took him to court and won - "were just disgruntled." 

I can only assume because you think him always innocent because he's rich? 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I believe in racist judges, not so much in systematic racism.

It's the same thing. Most of what people speak on is things like sentencing, which is usually decided upon by.... Judges. The claim isn't that white people don't go to jail, they seem to get lower sentences. 

Other parts people discuss is racial profiling... Which is self explanatory. Hell, last year Twinblade was vegging for racial profiling to return. So if you have cops sweeping black people more than white people, less affluent - so they can't afford really good lawyers, then judges giving white people more lenient sentences, when you put those vital parts together, what is the end result? 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Like I said earlier, I live in a system where our justice isn't completely biased. Maybe come live in Canada if that's how truly feel about your laws? I don't know what else to tell you. 

I'm stating how things are. The legal system isn't one of my life priorities and doesn't affect my daily life. It is what it is. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I do acknowledge that the incarceration statistics in the US are little worrying but I also think if we did deeper into the statistics, a lot of it also make sense. Trying to portray the entire justice system as racist is just insane to me. But I don't live in the US. Maybe I'm being a delusional as Canadian, I'll admit as much. This isn't my battle, tbh. 

I already put some of the parts together in my previous reply but I also know that it doesn't matter in this place. You and Cooke and Twinblade can be proven wrong or have your views credibly debunked and you guys just magical think your ways into being right some how. 

My talking point wasn't even really about litigating race in the justice system as much as gauging your take on it being systemically against men vs systemically against people of color. 

It's not a clean comparison since family court and criminal court have some obvious differences. But usually conservatives will cry one is try while the other isn't.. In separate discussions of course. But it gets harder for them when you juxtapose them. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

In this instance I'm trying to figure out why I won't get mugged, but you would, from your example. 

Because it's in the part of the town where white people don't go.

It's like if I brought you to the Southern fare with confederate flags everywhere. Maybe nothing bad will happen in that scenario but I have the 'privilege'. 

Do you deny that if we both went into a black ghetto you wouldn't be the 'privileged' one?

I'm just trying to show this color skin privilege BS is garbage but it seem you dropped it? Ok, that's fine.

The rich have more privileges than an average person, what you are talking about is resources. 

Yeah, no shit. The problem is not everyone can afford a team of lawyers. Your money should have no bearing on your defense, everyone should be on the same playing field. 

And famous people get acquitted for minor offenses all the time while regular joe gets punished at the full extent of the law for doing the same thing. 

You'll blast the generic concept of a rich person, but when it comes down to real life situations, you always take their side.

A few times =/= always. This is ridiculous how you're assuming a lot of shit I never specifically said and deny. 

Yes. Exactly. There's not a single reason for anyone to give Trump they benefit of the doubt, yet you and people like you always do. 

The man has a history of no paying contractors, stiffing his debts, being sued countless times, scamming to the point his family can't run charities anymore and yet you still believe former employees that took him to court and won - "were just disgruntled." 

I can only assume because you think him always innocent because he's rich? 

You speak like I think he's an angel. I fully expect the man to be as corrupted financially with his own politically driven agenda like every other fucking politician. He's not above that. 

But it seems you forget he's also the most politically motivated attacked person by the media since day 1 of his political career. Trump is a Russian asset! A racist. A sexist. A fascist. After hearing and seeing so much BS, you become numb to it and it start losing power. 

The boy who cried wolf racists. Lol. 

It's the same thing. Most of what people speak on is things like sentencing, which is usually decided upon by.... Judges. The claim isn't that white people don't go to jail, they seem to get lower sentences. 

Absolutely not the same thing. I guarantee you it's best you get a racist judge than living in a country that systematically makes you a second class citizen with less rights. Come on now, I understand the outcome is the same but there's only in one scenario where where that outcome is guaranteed. 

Other parts people discuss is racial profiling... Which is self explanatory. Hell, last year Twinblade was vegging for racial profiling to return. So if you have cops sweeping black people more than white people, less affluent - so they can't afford really good lawyers, then judges giving white people more lenient sentences, when you put those vital parts together, what is the end result? 

I see your point. I never put much thought in racial profiling, I'm not even sure how it works exactly. Just more random black people search? Sound stupid. 

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Because it's in the part of the town where white people don't go.

Lmfao do I even really need to point out how ignorant what you are saying sounds right now? 

It's like if I brought you to the Southern fare with confederate flags everywhere. Maybe nothing bad will happen in that scenario but I have the 'privilege'. 

Eh....you have a cartoonish idea about race relations. 

Do you deny that if we both went into a black ghetto you wouldn't be the 'privileged' one?

What privileges? You think they won't kill or rob some random black dude they don't know in whatever 2000s hood movie version of the ghetto you're describing? 

I'm just trying to show this color skin privilege BS is garbage but it seem you dropped it? Ok, that's fine.

Lol is that what that was? Like if you as a white dude went into a black neighborhood, what do you envision?

Black cops stopping you for no reason because you are white? 

You think security in black neighborhood stores would treat you like a potential shop lifter because you are white? 

Do you think older black women would clutch their bags or take a defensive stance in your presence? 

Like what is it you're picturing? Then chasing you out of the hood calling you a white boy or cracker or something? You just keep getting dumber somehow. 

Yeah, no shit. The problem is not everyone can afford a team of lawyers. Your money should have no bearing on your defense, everyone should be on the same playing field. 

And famous people get acquitted for minor offenses all the time while regular joe gets punished at the full extent of the law for doing the same thing. 

Yes, because of people like you. 

A few times =/= always. This is ridiculous how you're assuming a lot of shit I never specifically said and deny. 

So far, it's always. This could change sometime in the future. But for now, you always stand up for bad person in the story. 

You speak like I think he's an angel. I fully expect the man to be as corrupted financially with his own politically driven agenda like every other fucking politician. He's not above that. 

I know you know he's a piece of shit. Which is funny because you always end up... 

But it seems you forget he's also the most politically motivated attacked person by the media since day 1 of his political career. Trump is a Russian asset! A racist. A sexist. A fascist. After hearing and seeing so much BS, you become numb to it and it start losing power. 

... Defending him like a Stan. 

Let's make it clear, he wasn't persecuted. Every single criticism was warranted. People talk about Russia like 3 people who worked for him got jail time for inappropriate foreign connections. Like he call Mexicans mostly rapist and drug dealers, like he didn't call for a Muslim ban, like fuck... No accountability for straight rich white men right! There's no patriarchy! 

The boy who cried wolf racists. Lol. 

Absolutely not the same thing. I guarantee you it's best you get a racist judge than living in a country that systematically makes you a second class citizen with less rights. Come on now, I understand the outcome is the same but there's only in one scenario where where that outcome is guaranteed. 

Racism isn't solely being a hateful KKK grandmaster. It can be as passive as apathy or stereotyping. Some brain dead idiot on Twitter brought up something racist Biden said like I don't think Biden is capable of racism on some level. Is he a harmful racist? No. 

I don't think Trump is a cross burning Nazi either, however you finding it so difficult to imagine a 70s years old millionaire racist is hilarious. 

I mean you can over look all of the lost law suits for racial bias, the scapegoating dog whistles says, how he talks about people of color, and ignore all of that and default to what again? He's a rich straight white man? He's too upstanding to be racist or misogynist? 

I see your point. I never put much thought in racial profiling, I'm not even sure how it works exactly. Just more random black people search? Sound stupid. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao do I even really need to point out how ignorant what you are saying sounds right now? 

I guess so. I don't see what's wrong with my statement. Black ghettos exists and they are lot more hostile to my white ass than they would be yours. 

What privileges? You think they won't kill or rob some random black dude they don't know in whatever 2000s hood movie version of the ghetto you're describing? 

Yeah. Chances are you won't even get noticed. I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb. Granted, you could get mugged as well. 

Oh look, are you mad you're the privilege one in that context? Oh that's fucking cute, your own concept backfires. 

Lol is that what that was? Like if you as a white dude went into a black neighborhood, what do you envision?

Black cops stopping you for no reason because you are white? 

You think security in black neighborhood stores would treat you like a potential shop lifter because you are white? 

Do you think older black women would clutch their bags or take a defensive stance in your presence? 

Like what is it you're picturing? Then chasing you out of the hood calling you a white boy or cracker or something? You just keep getting dumber somehow. 

I didn't say racism and bias doesn't exist. 

I'm saying the concept of white privilege is garbage. You are either part of the majority or you're the minority. Calling other people privileged for being part of the most common ethnicity is insulting.

Since you have so many issues with the given context of a black ghetto and I don't know why because that's a reality. Let's say we were both in South Africa, where people call out for violence against white people in the streets. So your black ass is 'privileged' there and I'm not.

This concept can be turned over it's head so easily. Then you have other immutable characteristics which people can judge you for. So it's like if I called you a privileged individual because you were born as a healthy man and you aren't bound to a wheelchair. The problem here is that you are not 'privileged' for the misfortune of others which doesn't affect us.

There's no patriarchy! 

Is there truly? Just because the 1% elites are mostly men is not irrefutable proof of a patriarchy. What's stopping a woman now to reach anything she wants to do in her career? 

60% of graduate are females currently. Guarantee you the next batch of CEOs are gonna have more and more women on board and then you fucking idiots will finally shut up about the imagined cabal of men holding down the women.  

It's pretty funny how you say I have a cartoonish vison of race relations and you mentioned the old lady who clutches her purse trope. 😂 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I guess so. I don't see what's wrong with my statement. Black ghettos exists and they are lot more hostile to my white ass than they would be yours. 

Other than sounding like a  punchline from a Kevin Hart/Will Farrel movie. Your Black Ghetto privilege logic defies black on black crime stastics, shows a fundamental misunderstanding of petty crime, historical gentrification, and betrays your sheltered mindset. 

Any neighborhood bad enough that random white people would get mugged simply because they are white, isn't much safer for a random black dude. 

Even then it's mostly about opportunity/reward. Stick up kids are looking for a mark they think have valuables. A well off black guy has a greater chance of getting mugged in this hilarious scenario than a average white guy would. This is dumb. 

Lmfao black ghetto privilege...unreal. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah. Chances are you won't even get noticed. I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb. Granted, you could get mugged as well. 

Where do you live? I'm genuinely curious how this scenario looks in your head. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Oh look, are you mad you're the privilege one in that context? Oh that's fucking cute, your own concept backfires. 

Let's say this retarded concept of yours holds water. I'm supposed to own my privilege that I have less of a chance of getting mugged in crime infested ghettos? Lmfao do you actually think about the shit you say?

You come off like everything you say is just a reaction to comment other than something you've ever actually studied, read about, had an informed conversation about, or even spent a minute on the toilet contemplating. 

As a man I recognize that I have certain societal privileges over women and in some cases women have female privilege. I also recognize the alot if not most are were spawned because of historical hierarchies. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I didn't say racism and bias doesn't exist. 

I'm saying the concept of white privilege is garbage. You are either part of the majority or you're the minority. Calling other people privileged for being part of the most common ethnicity is insulting.

Well this thread is about how a patriarchy doesn't exist (in your mind) despite women being the majority population (even split at worst) do they have proportional power to men? 

I ask this realizing that you probably think women have all of the power lol. Fucking clown world. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Since you have so many issues with the given context of a black ghetto and I don't know why because that's a reality. Let's say we were both in South Africa, where people call out for violence against white people in the streets. So your black ass is 'privileged' there and I'm not.

Lol is this what happens when you dudes think for yourselves? It must be easier to just let Tucker Carlson, Tim Pool, and Matt Walsh tell y'all what to think. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

This concept can be turned over it's head so easily. Then you have other immutable characteristics which people can judge you for. So it's like if I called you a privileged individual because you were born as a healthy man and you aren't bound to a wheelchair. The problem here is that you are not 'privileged' for the misfortune of others which doesn't affect us.

It seems like you are throwing shit af the wall to make it through the conversation. Like do Asian women have privilege because some white men have a fetish for Asian women? Even taking this logic at face value... Is that actually beneficial to them? 

Also, not to nitpick but in your scenario the none straight white males are misfortunate? You really need to consume less stupid media.