The Game Post: Bungie is working on a new project inspired by multiple genres (MOBAs, life sims, platformers, etc), codenamed ‘Gummy Bears’

Someone has to at least attempt to do something other than first-person shooters for online games.

So far, the only thing people have been able to think of is "uhh........have them shoot something other than a gun, or not have them shoot at all."

That's not innovation, that's stagnation.

Best thing to ever happen to PC gaming in the 90's: first-person shooters.

Biggest reason why everything seems stagnant in PC gaming from the 2010's onwards: first-person shooters.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Someone has to at least attempt to do something other than first-person shooters for online games.

So far, the only thing people have been able to think of is "uhh........have them shoot something other than a gun, or not have them shoot at all."

Biggest reason why everything seems stagnant in PC gaming from the 2010's onwards: first-person shooters.

lmao you're such a god damn clown.  PC is the ONLY place where ANY innovation happens.  All of the newer genres and sub genres are, and were created first on PC.  If you want to talk about stagnation... talk about shitty console cinematic action games.

15 hours ago, jehurey said:

There's a nice revival of 90s style FPS going on right now that I really dig. Thanks to indie devs. 

I agree mainstream FPS are trash in general, they're all designed to get people addicted to repetitive ass gameplay with carrots on a stick approach. But they're just much of console games as they are PCs so I don't get your argument on that front. Whatever. 

On 2023-08-19 at 4:45 AM, Remij said:

lmao you're such a god damn clown.  PC is the ONLY place where ANY innovation happens.  All of the newer genres and sub genres are, and were created first on PC.  If you want to talk about stagnation... talk about shitty console cinematic action games.

Name me a sub-genre. I'll wait.

LOL watch the "sub-genre" be "a first person game where they just have context prompts"

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Name me a sub-genre. I'll wait.

LOL watch the "sub-genre" be "a first person game where they just have context prompts"

Battle Royale and Survival games, creation games like Minecraft and Roblox, Roguelikes and Roguelites, the Simulator games... it goes on and on.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Battle Royale and Survival games

Are first-person shooter multiplayer modes.:drake:

Minecraft and Roblox,

are first-person shitty ass builders that have always existed before.

Roguelikes and Roguelites

........is a byproduct of table-top games, like Dungeons and Dragons:hest:Oh my god.

And if you're trying to take credit for Souls games..................:lawl:

Simulator games

I love how he's resorting to broad terms, and not an actual gaming genre:tom:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Are first-person shooter multiplayer modes.:drake:

are first-person shitty ass builders that have always existed before.

........is a byproduct of table-top games, like Dungeons and Dragons:hest:Oh my god.

And if you're trying to take credit for Souls games..................:lawl:

I love how he's resorting to broad terms, and not an actual gaming genre:tom:

Sub.....genres... :drake: 

God you're fucking stupid :lawl: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Sub.....genres... :drake: 

God you're fucking stupid :lawl: 

That were INVENTED by the PC gaming development.

They weren't.

I love how you just said "Simulator" as it was a sub-genre.

Its not even a genre in terms of what gaming classification it is.:drake:

That's like me not saying "Arcade Racer" as a sub-genre............but instead saying "Arcade":lawl::lawl::lawl: Oh my god, I am fucking assraping you right now

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That were INVENTED by the PC gaming development.

They weren't.

I love how you just said "Simulator" as it was a sub-genre.

Its not even a genre in terms of what gaming classification it is.:drake:

That's like me not saying "Arcade Racer" as a sub-genre............but instead saying "Arcade":lawl::lawl::lawl: Oh my god, I am fucking assraping you right now

WRONG. :trump: 

This is what I said " All of the newer genres and sub genres are, and were created first on PC.  "

Genres AND sub genres.  Simulators are a genre.. and the only innovation happening there happens exclusively on PC.

You're getting totally fucking owned and melting down!  I love it! :kaz: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

WRONG. :trump: 

This is what I said " All of the newer genres and sub genres are, and were created first on PC.  "

No they weren't

You have yet to prove anything.

First-person builders and Roguelikes, which are literally based on D&D....................are considered NEWER genres and sub-genres, according to him. :lawl::lawl:

D&D predates first-person shooters for godssakes..........oh my god, he really wants to make himself look worse.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No they weren't

You have yet to prove anything.

First-person builders and Roguelikes, which are literally based on D&D....................are considered NEWER genres and sub-genres, according to him. :lawl::lawl:

D&D predates first-person shooters for godssakes..........oh my god, he really wants to make himself look worse.

I feel bad watching you lose your shit like this after losing again to me...

..but life be what it do :romantears:

Just now, Remij said:

I feel bad watching you lose your shit like this after losing again to me...

..but life be what it do :romantears:

I now have him running away in two threads. Within a minute. That's gotta be a record.

I love it...............I try to nail him down to details, actually name things, name specific points in time.

which is what I've been doing.

...........and he can't do it to save his life.:drake:

Dungeons and Dragons based gameplay................................a NEW sub-genre, from what I've been told:lawl::lawl:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I now have him running away in two threads. Within a minute. That's gotta be a record.

I love it...............I try to nail him down to details, actually name things, name specific points in time.

which is what I've been doing.

...........and he can't do it to save his life.:drake:

Dungeons and Dragons based gameplay................................a NEW sub-genre, from what I've been told:lawl::lawl:

I love that this idiot thinks Roguelikes have "Dungeons and Dragons based gameplay"....  :drake: 

And he probably thinks that because he looked it up and saw "dungeon crawler" :kaz: 

This god damn clown... he doesn't even know how stupid he looks right now :hehe:

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I love that this idiot thinks Roguelikes have "Dungeons and Dragons based gameplay"....  :drake: 

I love how he hasn't said, or cited ANYTHING to prove me wrong.

.............because he can't

:tom:

This clown just got caught saying D&D based gameplay.................is a NEW sub-genre:lawl:

The more I repeat it.........the angrier I will make him, and he can't do a damn thing about it.