What cows here are buying Godlurs Gate on the 6th

4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I was going to but after hearing how bad the performance gets as you get further into the game I decided to just wait it out.

Its not a game that must have a locked 60fps. PS5 perf will prob be pretty good. 

21 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Its not a game that must have a locked 60fps. PS5 perf will prob be pretty good. 

In this day and age where performance issues is so common, I ain't getting my hopes up for it. I can wait for a couple patches to smooth things out. I got a bunch of shit in my backlog that I can play to tide me over.

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

In this day and age where performance issues is so common, I ain't getting my hopes up for it. I can wait for a couple patches to smooth things out. I got a bunch of shit in my backlog that I can play to tide me over.

Patch #2 just released yesterday and there's a massive improvement to performance across the board... especially in the city.

But yea,  it's only going to get more polished and better as patches roll out.  

6 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It might be trash on PS5 idk it is a buggy game but my old ass PC did well in the first 2 acts and its certainly playable in act3 at 1440p. Im sure the PS5 60fps mode wont be locked but i wouldnt expect a game like this to be able to do that confidently.

28 minutes ago, Remij said:

Speaking of this game and PS5 though... where are the reviews and previews?  The game releases tomorrow for Deluxe owners, right?

Most sites will prob just use the PC review and add PS5 to the list of platforms id assume. I hope DF does a video as i am curious to how it runs on console being such a weird game in terms of perf per area.

• Upvote 1
Just now, JonDnD said:

Most sites will prob just use the PC review and add PS5 to the list of platforms id assume. I hope DF does a video as i am curious to how it runs on console being such a weird game in terms of perf per area.

Oh for sure.  Any sites relatively interested in this type of game have been playing and reviewing it on PC and will just play the console version for 30m and throw out a mostly same review.

DF will 100% do a video on it.  It's not really that weird with regards to performance characteristics though.  The city performs much worse because there's so many more NPCs and density with all the objects to interact with.  It's definitely been massively improved in this latest patch though.. undeniably.

PERFORMANCE AND OPTIMISATION
  • Improved performance and made optimisations across the game.
  • Improved CPU load.
  • Made performance improvements related to controller movement.
  • Made optimisations for when moving around the world on controller.
  • Moved surface texture and decal creation to worker threads.
  • Moved loading shroud textures to worker threads.
  • When AI can use a nearby AI hint, limit AI flooding.
  • Improved minimap performance.
  • Optimised the controller map by removing some duplicate items.
  • Reduced the size of savegames.
  • Made changes to make loading savegames made in older patch versions significantly faster. These changes will continue to make loading old savegames speedier in any patches and hotfixes to come.
  • Removed some unnecessary calls for the hotbar to update to improve on stuttering.
  • Slightly delayed when tooltips pop up when hovering over things like actions, items, and spells. This prevents the game from unnecessarily loading and unloading tooltips. The delay is now set to 200 milliseconds. Still reactive, more performant.
  • Made optimisations for selectable elements on controller.
  • Removed an irrelevant sound analytics event for optimisation.
  • Fixed a memory leak when opening the inventory with a controller connected.
  • Fixed a memory leak when streaming textures.
  • Wrote velocity vectors to help with overall visual quality (e.g. when using TAA, to reducing visual aliasing).

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Oh for sure.  Any sites relatively interested in this type of game have been playing and reviewing it on PC and will just play the console version for 30m and throw out a mostly same review.

DF will 100% do a video on it.  It's not really that weird with regards to performance characteristics though.  The city performs much worse because there's so many more NPCs and density with all the objects to interact with.  It's definitely been massively improved in this latest patch though.. undeniably.

PERFORMANCE AND OPTIMISATION
  • Improved performance and made optimisations across the game.
  • Improved CPU load.
  • Made performance improvements related to controller movement.
  • Made optimisations for when moving around the world on controller.
  • Moved surface texture and decal creation to worker threads.
  • Moved loading shroud textures to worker threads.
  • When AI can use a nearby AI hint, limit AI flooding.
  • Improved minimap performance.
  • Optimised the controller map by removing some duplicate items.
  • Reduced the size of savegames.
  • Made changes to make loading savegames made in older patch versions significantly faster. These changes will continue to make loading old savegames speedier in any patches and hotfixes to come.
  • Removed some unnecessary calls for the hotbar to update to improve on stuttering.
  • Slightly delayed when tooltips pop up when hovering over things like actions, items, and spells. This prevents the game from unnecessarily loading and unloading tooltips. The delay is now set to 200 milliseconds. Still reactive, more performant.
  • Made optimisations for selectable elements on controller.
  • Removed an irrelevant sound analytics event for optimisation.
  • Fixed a memory leak when opening the inventory with a controller connected.
  • Fixed a memory leak when streaming textures.
  • Wrote velocity vectors to help with overall visual quality (e.g. when using TAA, to reducing visual aliasing).

The part im in rn is indoors so i got over 100fps which isnt that abnormal so ill have to wait to when i get back to the city too see if it is any better there. Didnt really notice any controller improvements. 

I did notice the map button took me to the options screen. But after a few times of trying to figure that out it worked as the map button again 😕