Diversity Equity and Inclusion is the new Spanish Inquisition

Just now, Goukosan said:

Dr. SEUSS books have very Graphic stuff in them? Lol

So let me get this straight you lost your shit because two words were changed in favor of two synonyms that meant the same thing but in a less violent way.. This happened in one Dr. SEUSS book.... Bbbbut teh Far left censorship :lupe:

But old ass Dr. SEUSS books being outright banned is A OK and must have been done for a good reason or something.

Lmfao. 

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if some book on medicines and Navy SEALS did have graphics content. 

Yes, because that's a a direct attempt to alter the original artist vision to appease modern snowflakes.

Being banned from school libraries is not the end of the book. It's soft attempt at censorship is however a direct attempt at changing the original content and ideas. 

You have yet to answer my question, what does the conservatives gain at banning books? 

I mean, we know why liberals wants to edit books for modern audiences and leave books for children in elementary schools to read with inappropriate content. It's best to sexualize and indoctrinate them as soon as possible while they don't know better.

They're literally coming for children with political/inappropriate content and any attempt at trying to regulate such content being exposed to is supposed to be bad? Ok. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. House said:

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if some book on medicines and Navy SEALS did have graphics content. 

Yes, because that's a a direct attempt to alter the original artist vision to appease modern snowflakes.

Being banned from school libraries is not the end of the book. It's soft attempt at censorship is however a direct attempt at changing the original content and ideas. 

You have yet to answer my question, what does the conservatives gain at banning books? 

I mean, we know why liberals wants to edit books for modern audiences and leave books for children in elementary schools to read with inappropriate content. It's best to sexualize and indoctrinate them as soon as possible while they don't know better.

They're literally coming for children with political/inappropriate content and any attempt at trying to regulate such content being exposed to is supposed to be bad? Ok. 

Ahhh so there are no unsavory graphic stuff in Dr. SEUSS.. Yet you're ok with it being banned.. Not only at schools but at Libraries. 

The other books are available on Cristian books.com for families and kids..... Yet the far right thinks it's not suitable for kids.... Despite those same books being suitable for over a decade plus. 

You answered your own question... Indoctrination.  They're removing history books and replacing it with Prager U content which is a literal wing propaganda outlet who publishes non accredited "educational videos" which

change historical events to match their crazy theories. 

You're ok with all of this..... But lost your shit because a synonym was used as to not encourage kids violence. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ahhh so there are no unsavory graphic stuff in Dr. SEUSS.. Yet you're ok with it being banned.. Not only at schools but at Libraries. 

The  books are available on Cristian books.com for families and kids.

I'm ok with it being banned under the assumption that it peddles inappropriate or political content.

Who cares about Christianbooks.com do or don't do? 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You answered your own question... Indoctrination.  They're removing history books and replacing it with Prager U content which is a literal wing propaganda outlet who publishes non accredited "educational videos" which

change historical events to match their crazy theories. 

Such as? You need to elaborate. 

Just now, Mr. House said:

I'm ok with it being banned under the assumption that it peddles inappropriate or political content.

Who cares about Christianbooks.com do or don't do? 

Such as? You need to elaborate. 

What inappropriate political content would a dr. Suess book, a layman medical encyclopedia that's been around for decades and dictionaries have in them? :umad:

"Months after Florida canceled a class on African American history, the state has now endorsed the use of a controversial collection of videos by an unaccredited, right-wing group — some of which show animated versions of Christopher Columbus and Frederick Douglass defending slavery to students."

So they Banned the actual history class and history books, to implement unaccredited right wing content to the children. 

Oh and don't take my word for it... Take the founders word. 

PragerU founder admits conservative material is ‘indoctrination’ — it’s now allowed in FL schools

Founder, Dennis Prager: “We bring doctrines to children. That is a very fair statement. But what is the bad of our indoctrination?’”

PragerU features content it says it has developed for “6th Grade & Up,” which includes “Left Vs. Right: Host CJ Pearson shines a light on the differences between conservative and left-wing thinking from the role of government to doing good versus feeling good.”

What were you saying about pushing political content onto kids?  :umad:

On 2023-09-18 at 9:11 PM, Cooke said:

FYI this is in Canada. We don't have a right wing that burns books here. All censoring comes from the the far left. 

Another lie. I looked up the most banned or requested books for banning in Canada and it's mostly conservatives. Definitely way less books than the US, but famously the Harry Potter books are high on the list, for witchcraft. The Golden Compass because of its atheist views.

Most Canadian book bans seem to be due to offensive langue or drug use/sexual content. 

There were only a few books for "racism", including the autobiography of Malcom... For being racially insensitive to white people.

Why do you keep fucking lying and making shit up? 

Screenshot_20230921_010825.thumb.jpg.9f503dfb8ac0d41daba01867472f8249.jpg

Oh geeze, more stuff about teachers and their gay agenda... 20 years ago. @Mr. Housesee what I mean about this shit being cyclical? 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
7 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Another lie. I looked up the most banned or requested books for banning in Canada and it's mostly conservatives. Definitely way less books than the US, but famously the Harry Potter books are high on the list, for witchcraft. The Golden Compass because of its atheist views.

Most Canadian book bans seem to be due to offensive langue or drug use/sexual content. 

There were only a few books for "racism", including the autobiography of Malcom... For being racially insensitive to white people.

Oh geeze, more stuff about teachers and their gay agenda... 20 years ago. @Mr. Housesee what I mean about this shit being cyclical? 

Not comparable to what is going on now with telling kids they can choose their gender, imo.

10 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

They are not BANNED. There may be attempts at removing them from elementary school libraries. That is not a ban and they are never successful. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

They are not BANNED. There may be attempts at removing them from elementary school libraries. That is not a ban and they are never successful. 

Those books were successfully banned, eventually the cases went to the supreme court which found removing books for simply having same sex couples but aren't sexual explicit to be discrimination. 

That's not really the point, the majority of currently banned books aren't banned by woke leftist, they are banned because "adult themes". There are a few for racism here and there but more seem to be banned because conservative concerns than "woke" ones. 

It's not an easy answer, there's no single - clear cut - up to date list but after digging through several credible sites that have cataloged banned or "challenged" titles, none of what you are saying is true or even close to it. 

How about you just stop making shit up and lying? Why is that so hard for you? You have been clearly just making claims you feel are true based on how much you hate the left and woke people at this point. 

10 hours ago, Cooke said:

I'm surprised you're not outraged that the conservatives in Canada are attempting to ban and censor books..

.. Strange.. 

Edited by Goukosan
9 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Those books were successfully banned, eventually the cases went to the supreme court which found removing books for simply having same sex couples but aren't sexual explicit to be discrimination. 

That's not really the point, the majority of currently banned books aren't banned by woke leftist, they are banned because "adult themes". There are a few for racism here and there but more seem to be banned because conservative concerns than "woke" ones. 

It's not an easy answer, there's no single - clear cut - up to date list but after digging through several credible sites that have cataloged banned or "challenged" titles, none of what you are saying is true or even close to it. 

How about you just stop making shit up and lying? Why is that so hard for you? You have been clearly just making claims you feel are true based on how much you hate the left and woke people at this point. 

Is there ANY topic that Cooke takes a few minutes to look into before forming his baseless opinion? 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Is there ANY topic that Cooke takes a few minutes to look into before forming his baseless opinion? 

Cooke just repeats what people that say the things he likes to hear says. Lol I remember when I started telling that goon he was alt right almost a decade ago and he refused to see it. Now he's fucking Bill O'Reilly. 

On 2023-09-21 at 8:49 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Where the fuck is a harry potter book banned in Canada? Lmao

On 2023-09-21 at 8:49 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Here's an idea. Both the left and right should not ban, rewrite, alter, remove any book no matter how offensive or inappropriate someone may say it is. It should not be up to someone else what I can read. I fucking hate that shit. I don't care if it's "outdated". If the book was written at a time when standards were different then leave it and maybe ad a disclaimer. It should never be removed. Same with removing statues or exhibits. We had our Royal Victoria museum fucking gutted for diversity reasons leaving barely anything in it because of an exhibit called "old town" which was a recreation of Victoria (capital city of British Columbia) in the early 1800s. Apparently it's out of touch and racist because because. 

16 hours ago, Cooke said:

Where the fuck is a harry potter book banned in Canada? Lmao

The series is actually one of the most banned books world wide. It's not really an issue as alot of places it's a soft ban. Where schools and libraries won't have them but it's not an offense if kids have their own with them. 

Anywhere with a vocal fundamentalist population takes issue with witchcraft. 

16 hours ago, Cooke said:

Here's an idea. Both the left and right should not ban, rewrite, alter, remove any book no matter how offensive or inappropriate someone may say it is. It should not be up to someone else what I can read. I fucking hate that shit. I don't care if it's "outdated". If the book was written at a time when standards were different then leave it and maybe ad a disclaimer. It should never be removed. Same with removing statues or exhibits. We had our Royal Victoria museum fucking gutted for diversity reasons leaving barely anything in it because of an exhibit called "old town" which was a recreation of Victoria (capital city of British Columbia) in the early 1800s. Apparently it's out of touch and racist because because. 

Idgaf about book bannings, it's a stupid and outdated notion. I do have issues with the intent of certain bans.

Only retards think that kids are going to go to the school library to pick up a memoir of some writer they never heard of to be titillated by text descriptions of sexual encounters. It's the fucking 2020s, kids can find hardcore poronography literally in the palm of their hands. 

I'm fine with modernizing existing works as well. The truth is some things are racist or homophobic or misogynistic. People love Bugs Bunny but no one is poorer for not being able to see "Bugs Bunny nips the Nips" it's an entirely different thing to ban books in an attempt to bury history. 

Racist loves fucking statues for some reason. Some people don't deserve to have continued public lionizing. It's fine if someone was held in regards for a century, then forgotten. They are not even alive anymore so who is losing out? 

In a way fuck museums anyway... And I say this as someone who grew up loving museums but that's another topic.