Pfizer ripped everyone off with Paxlovid, surprise surprise.

Supresses speech on social media platforms about alternative therapeutics so you can make 20 billion off a drug that did absolutely nothing

Trust the science ! 

Edited by Cooke
On 2024-04-05 at 12:36 PM, Cooke said:

Sepresses speech on social media platforms about alternative therapeutics so you can make 20 billion off a drug that did absolutely nothing

Trust the science ! 

The crazy bitch on the right in this op-ed is conflating the vaccine with this medicine, which is just wrong. People were right to mock other therapeutic treatments in favor of the Covid vaccine, which worked VERY VERY well.

But it seems you're right about Paxlovid, which is not the vaccine. This medicine sadly appears to be the typical greedy pharmaceutical being greedy. Fortunately people are fighting AGAINST this greed, 

‘We beat Big Pharma’: President Biden, Bernie Sanders tout drug pricing reform (mmm-online.com)

But unfortunately we still have politicians like this,

13 GOP House members who took Big Pharma money voted against lower drug prices for seniors (americanjournalnews.com)

Edited by Substatic
On 2024-04-07 at 10:08 AM, Substatic said:

People were right to mock other therapeutic treatments in favor of the Covid vaccine, which worked VERY VERY well.

How did it worked so very very well? It didn't stop the spread and you had to take multiple booster shots for it to stay efficient. Which most people refused. 

Vaccines was only good at protecting the most vulnerable. That was the best thing about the vaccine and it's why forcing the population at large to take the risk was stupid, let alone push the vaccines on the least vulnerable to Covid (children). 

Fact is social immunity for healthy individuals was enough to beat Covid and get back to normality. Only the vulnerable, like old people, the morbidly obese and the pre disposed to sickness were ever truly at risk of anything. 

I guess there was also the issue of hospitals getting overcrowded but it's social isolations that prevented that the most, not the vaccine. 

So yeah, definitely a useful tool but pushing it to the population at large was the dumbest thing ever.

Posted (edited)

What happened to all those deadly variants? What happened to the "pandemic of the unvaccinated"? Lol such bullshit. The virus went away because everyone got infected. Not because of a half assed vaccined. 

Edited by Cooke
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Cooke said:

What happened to all those deadly variants? What happened to the "pandemic of the unvaccinated"? Lol such bullshit. The virus went away because everyone got infected. Not because of a half assed vaccined. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but deadlier variants usually form when the virus manage to beat the medicine it's supposed to fight against, so it mutate in a stronger variant. I know it happens with anti biotics. 

While a virus that overspread in a population usually mutate into weaker variants because of societal natural immunity slowly killing it. 

8 hours ago, David P said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but deadlier variants usually form when the virus manage to beat the medicine it's supposed to fight against, so it mutate in a stronger variant. I know it happens with anti biotics. 

While a virus that overspread in a population usually mutate into weaker variants because of societal natural immunity slowly killing it. 

Yes. If the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission or infection then the virus just selects for variants that bypass the immunity prolonging the pandemic. For a vaccine to work it needs to be a sterilizing vaccine

On 2024-04-14 at 9:27 AM, David P said:

How did it worked so very very well?

Lives saved by COVID‐19 vaccines - PMC (nih.gov)

Based on reported COVID‐19 deaths, vaccinations prevented an estimated 14.4 million deaths (95% credible interval [Crl] 13.7–15.9) from COVID‐19 in a year. However, if excess deaths were used, this estimate rose to 19.8 million (95% Crl 19.1–20.4) deaths prevented (Fig. 1), equating to a global reduction of 63% in total deaths (19.8 million of 31.4 million) during the first year of COVID‐19 vaccination.

Report: COVID-19 vaccines saved US $1.15 trillion, 3 million lives | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

through November 2022, COVID-19 vaccines prevented more than 18.5 million US hospitalizations and 3.2 million deaths and saved the country $1.15 trillion.

Analysis: COVID Vaccine Strongly Effective in Young People (pennmedicine.org)

PHILADELPHIA— Children and adolescents who received one of the main COVID-19 vaccines were significantly protected from the illness and showed no increased signs of cardiac complications compared to young people who were not vaccinated, according to a new real-world study led by researchers from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). When the Delta variant rose to prominence, the study showed that vaccinated young people were 98 percent less likely to be infected than their unvaccinated peers, and data indicated that the vaccine’s effectiveness decline slightly when the Omicron variant became dominant. The paper was published today in Annals of Internal Medicine.

Not really contested. 

On 2024-04-14 at 1:03 PM, Cooke said:

The virus went away because everyone got infected. Not because of a half assed vaccined. 

And because of the good vaccine. Which saved millions of lives. 

The weird part is this new anti-vaxxing bullshit, which was entirely caused by far right politics, has been creeping its way into other viruses. 

Measles cases are rising in the U.S. Here’s why misinformation about the vaccine persists today | PBS NewsHour

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Lives saved by COVID‐19 vaccines - PMC (nih.gov)

Report: COVID-19 vaccines saved US $1.15 trillion, 3 million lives | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

Analysis: COVID Vaccine Strongly Effective in Young People (pennmedicine.org)

Not really contested. 

And because of the good vaccine. Which saved millions of lives. 

The weird part is this new anti-vaxxing bullshit, which was entirely caused by far right politics, has been creeping its way into other viruses. 

Measles cases are rising in the U.S. Here’s why misinformation about the vaccine persists today | PBS NewsHour

Covid vaccine saved us money now? Woah, amazing.

... Let's just forget all the doses that went down the drain and continue to be bought in ridiculously huge amount to this day to save people from a virus that has cold like symptoms and isn't threat to the vast majority of the population. Haha. Trudeau was buying the vaccine in 100+ m batches for a country with less than 40m people.

People lost their businesses and jobs. The only people that got richer since the pandemic were the already opulently rich top earners. Middle class got squished out even more. Are you a complete moron? 

Effective in young people at stopping a disease that's not largely a real danger to them in the first place. Wow, your choices of articles just keeps getting better.

Yeah, people lost faith in the Government, big pharma and regulatory organizations since 2019. I wonder why, they handheld the pandemic so well after all.

Surely it's the anti-vaxxers fault. Not the dumb fuck draconian measures and lies we have been fed throughout the pandemics. And the public shaming for not taking an unproven medicine regardless of the person health conditions. 

I can barely believe we're still having these kind of conversations. I think it's time for your third dose this month, man. Got to stay safe, and don't forget to wear your face diaper in doors AND outside. You fucking idiot, I mean Covid has always been a real threat to morbidly obese people such as yourself. 

2 hours ago, David P said:

Covid vaccine saved us money now? Woah, amazing.

Wow, your choices of articles just keeps getting better.

This isn't a real rebuttal to the peer reviewed data and studies I cited. The vaccine worked well. This is a fact, and uncontested. If you feel the four passages I quoted are wrong, prove it.

Here are some facts as it pertains to politics and anti-vaxxing,

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates : Shots - Health News : NPR

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."

Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic | Public Health | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network

Findings  In this cohort study evaluating 538 159 deaths in individuals aged 25 years and older in Florida and Ohio between March 2020 and December 2021, excess mortality was significantly higher for Republican voters than Democratic voters after COVID-19 vaccines were available to all adults, but not before. These differences were concentrated in counties with lower vaccination rates, and primarily noted in voters residing in Ohio.

2 hours ago, David P said:

You fucking idiot

Doubling down with anger instead of accepting that you were wrong is not wise.

Edited by Substatic
17 hours ago, Cooke said:

I swear you're a bot. 

I don't get it. Am I not supposed to use peer reviewed studies showing the two of you were objectively wrong?

Are you're so fucking bad at debating that a proper rebuttal looks like a "bot" reply?