MS creates team dedicated to game preservation, promises continued Backwards Compatibility in next Xbox

• Twinblade★ changed the title to MS creates team dedicated to game preservation, promises continued Backwards Compatibility in next Xbox
7 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Backwards compatibility in all future systems Nintendo included is honestly not an achievement. It's the bare minimum.

It's expected... but don't act like it's easy.  MS has games from the 360 era, and OG Xbox era..  Those are all vastly different architectures.  Sony has their own challenges due to how games run on their hardware and functions.

Nintendo would have their challenges too if they wanted to include hardware based support for previous console generations before the Switch.. 

Yea, I think MS is working towards moving over to a general PC open-type platform which runs both the XboxOS and Windows.

I guess we'll see.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, I think MS is working towards moving over to a general PC open-type platform which runs both the XboxOS and Windows.

I guess we'll see.

I think the handheld assuming it comes in 2026 like rumoured will show what we will see in the next XBox on that front. But tbh even with Steam on their box it's hard to give a shit about their hardware if everything is also on PS5/

• Like 1

This has been a thing for a long time. Microsoft announcing it is just news of an already ongoing effort made into a team just like any other multi generation hardware maker.