Ukrainian Russo war - the thread V2.

On 2024-06-14 at 10:57 AM, lynux3 said:

Rofl, the Kharkiv offensive has basically stalled after just over a month and turned into a shooting gallery for Ukraine. :D Fuckin' Russkies.

I haven't followed what is going on the field much in the past few days/weeks. Certainly no major advances/breakthroughs. It just isn't happening no do I expect it. 

When Russian MoD says they capture xxxKm square it sounds good on paper, until you look at the fucking war map and you realize it's just a few pockets of a few kms each advances where Russian usually suffer great losses to get in the first place.

Not sure Ukraine can keep sustaining manpower losses though, more so than Russia. I mean if they could make a comeback in WW2 with million of dead men, I'm not sure how they can't absorb their losses, as significant as they apparently are. I heard 40k losses for Russia in May. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From 123% to 87% approval. Russia is basically in full revolt.

All of Ukraine will be denazified from the Nazi scum.  Odessa and Kharkov will be free.

On 2024-06-14 at 1:22 PM, Twinblade said:

https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1801565983779222002

Putin is truly one delusional cunt. Unfortunately its becoming more clear that the only reasonable path to peace is the defeat of Russia's weakened military or Putin dropping dead. 

Give me Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, Zaporizhzia and we're cool, pinky swear! And no NATO!

Well, the man know what he wants. LMAO.

2 hours ago, David P said:

I haven't followed what is going on the field much in the past few days/weeks. Certainly no major advances/breakthroughs. It just isn't happening no do I expect it. 

When Russian MoD says they capture xxxKm square it sounds good on paper, until you look at the fucking war map and you realize it's just a few pockets of a few kms each advances where Russian usually suffer great losses to get in the first place.

Not sure Ukraine can keep sustaining manpower losses though, more so than Russia. I mean if they could make a comeback in WW2 with million of dead men, I'm not sure how they can't absorb their losses, as significant as they apparently are. I heard 40k losses for Russia in May. 

The Soviet Union was a industrial powerhouse during WW2. Modern Russia is not. This is why they have to beg for junk from places like China, Iran, and North Korea. NATO has already said they're going to be able to match Russia's artillery ammunition production next year, as well as boosting production of pretty much every other munition out there. 

Its only a matter of time before the balance of power shifts. And unlike the Soviet Union Russia can't afford anywhere near as many losses as they sustained during WW2, once volunteer numbers drop and Putin is forced to do another wave of mobilization he is pretty much done for. And even with equipment and manpower shortages Ukraine still has the capacity to counterattack and regain lost positions if you check the recent map updates.

The only wild card right now is Trump. I think if he gets elected he could do some real damage and sink Ukraine's chances of winning the war.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The Soviet Union was a industrial powerhouse during WW2. Modern Russia is not. This is why they have to beg for junk from places like China, Iran, and North Korea. NATO has already said they're going to be able to match Russia's artillery ammunition production next year, as well as boosting production of pretty much every other munition out there. 

Its only a matter of time before the balance of power shifts. And unlike the Soviet Union Russia can't afford anywhere near as many losses as they sustained during WW2, once volunteer numbers drop and Putin is forced to do another wave of mobilization he is pretty much done for. And even with equipment and manpower shortages Ukraine still has the capacity to counterattack and regain lost positions if you check the recent map updates.

The only wild card right now is Trump. I think if he gets elected he could do some real damage and sink Ukraine's chances of winning the war.

I find that hard to believe. Even if all NATO countries started outmatching Russia in the arms race that doesn't mean Ukraine is going to get all those shells. I'm not expecting a power shift based on weapons delivery alone anyway. 

Manpower is going to dictate this war of attrition at this point. Strikes in Russia and the arrival of fighter jets are the last gambles. What else can NATO do?

Good, I hope Trump wins.

54 minutes ago, David P said:

I find that hard to believe. Even if all NATO countries started outmatching Russia in the arms race that doesn't mean Ukraine is going to get all those shells. I'm not expecting a power shift based on weapons delivery alone anyway. 

Manpower is going to dictate this war of attrition at this point. Strikes in Russia and the arrival of fighter jets are the last gambles. What else can NATO do?

Good, I hope Trump wins.

Hey at least you finally stopped pretending :umad:

11 hours ago, David P said:

Good, I hope Trump wins.

yes, we know you’ve pro-Russia for a while now. You don’t have to even bother admitting it.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yes, we know you’ve pro-Russia for a while now. You don’t have to even bother admitting it.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

I wouldn't send 250 billion dollars of our tax dollars to Russia.

I'm pro Quebecois. Why should the faith of Zelensky regime be our responsibility? I'll tell you: no reason whatsoever.  Nor is it the job of US tax payers to save Zelensky regime.