Digital Foundry - Steam Deck Ray Tracing vs ROG Ally

Pretty cool video.  Obviously the ROG Ally will perform better when utilizing higher wattage modes.. not to mention the fact that RDNA3 RT is improved over RDNA2, but it's cool to see RT workloads running at all on these devices at all.

The newest games are obviously out of the question though.  This is one area where the Switch 2 should have a massive advantage over these current devices.

Just now, -GD-X said:

the switch 2 will definitely have an edge with RT. though, my expectations for its raw power is pretty conservative.

As are mine :fblike: 

Like I say.. Nintendo will be more concerned about cost and battery life than anything. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

As are mine :fblike: 

Like I say.. Nintendo will be more concerned about cost and battery life than anything. 

which i'm definitely fine with. i love the battery life with SD OLED. I'm hoping switch 2 is better, in that sense.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the switch 2 will definitely have an edge with RT. though, my expectations for its raw power is pretty conservative.

What if Switch 2 ends up not doing any of that?

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

What if Switch 2 ends up not doing any of that?

it has a nvidia chip, which automatically makes it better at RT (SD and ALLY are AMD). i wouldn't be surprised if its raw numbers are comparable to SD.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Exodus on the Ally getting over double the framerate compared to the Deck is insane. There's a few games like that which really make the most out of the hardware.

The ROG is pretty amazing, but I hate having to be plugged in. Still, it is pretty impressive tech.