Sounds like Limited Run Games may be selling limited edition games for old consoles and simply burning them onto CD-Rs instead of pressing new discs, and as such they might not work on certain SKUs.

I'll quote the tweet

I know I talk about a lot of things on here and people might consider this "drama", but please just hear me out and read until the end. This company is problematic in more ways than one and it's becoming exhausting.

charges an absolute premium for their "limited releases", yet they're burning CD-Rs for some of the disc based titles.. Yes, you read that correctly. LimitedRunGames is burning CDs and selling them as a "limited games release". LRG is charging $60+ for these 3DO games and they're literally burning them to cheap CD-R media. How can you in good conscious take peoples money while not even properly having these discs pressed? What's "limited" about a CD-R backup? This is the very definition of low effort grifting.

is literally "ripping" people off with their grifts. Please share and RT this so people can be better informed because whether you like it or not; If nobody says anything about this, then everyone suffers.. I recognize that many larger Youtube channels have vested interests in shoring these people up, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to this as the community, you people, deserve to be treated better and more fairly. Absolutely outrageous.. A $60+ CD-R backup.

Like, that's pretty fucking scummy.  People are paying good money for these things and they're just burning some of them on cheap discs.. lol  

• Remij changed the title to Sounds like Limited Run Games may be selling limited edition games for old consoles and simply burning them onto CD-Rs instead of pressing new discs, and as such they might not work on certain SKUs.
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

LMAO, that's ridiculous but also not surprising. They've always been a shit company

lol.  I'd honestly be pissed if I was spending $60 on some limited edition releases of old games and they were just burned :D 

I wonder what their response is going to be to this?

Isn't that Audi guy from Digital Foundry associated with LRG?  I wonder if John is going to make any comment on this.. :holeup:

2 hours ago, Remij said:

lol.  I'd honestly be pissed if I was spending $60 on some limited edition releases of old games and they were just burned :D 

I wonder what their response is going to be to this?

Isn't that Audi guy from Digital Foundry associated with LRG?  I wonder if John is going to make any comment on this.. :holeup:

Not to sure about the Digital Foundry guys tbh but that company is well protected in the usual gaming circles. 

They had recently fired that employee because she said she was excited to play Hogwarts lol Fuck that company.