Hi-Fi Rush flooded with positive reviews on Steam, now MS' highest rated Steam game

Games Industry Reacts to Tango Gameworks Closure: "Why?"

John Johanas (Creative Director of Tango)

So that's how it ends... Unfortunately I have no words... But at least thank you to everyone who supported us.

Johan Pilestedt (CEO of Arrowhead)

I don't understand the closure of Tango Gameworks, I mean... Why close down instead of selling? Surely the team could easily have found a new home. If I have a Rolls Royce 2024 that I don't want anymore, I sell it instead of taking it to the junkyard.

Rich Lambert (Creative Director of Zenimax Online Studio)

I'm sorry. It's been a pleasure watching the team build this over the years. It was also a pleasure to have the opportunity to talk to you and learn more about the process of something so special and innovative. I'm devastated for the team. It hurts.

Dinga Bakaba (Creative Director of Arkane Lyon)

This is absolutely terrible. Permission to be human: to any executives reading this, a friendly reminder that video games are an entertainment/cultural industry and that your business as a company is to look after your artists/animators and help them create value for you.

Michael Douse (Publishing Director at Larian Studios)

I can't imagine how hearing that you're being fired because of *another developer's* prioritization is good for morale, especially if you're at a regional branch of another closed studio - imagine reading that and working at Obsidian or another studio. Madness.

Cory Barlog (Creative Director of Santa Monica Studio)

Ugh, games industry, what the fuck.

Alistair Hatch (Bethesda Regional Director)

Angry. Frustrated. Shocked. Furious. Speechless. Stupefied. Perplexed. I have a lot of love for the studios affected. The people who made up those teams were incredible, hard-working, dedicated and talented. This is awful.

Kyle Rowley (Director of Alan Wake 2)

We took a lot of inspiration from The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 when developing Alan Wake 2. Both are excellent horror games and I'm very sad that we won't be able to see a continuation of the franchise from Tango Gameworks. We have open positions at Remedy Games, so please get in touch!

Mikey Dowling (Director of Communications at Obsidian)

Why do I keep working on this?

Mike Wikan (Metroid Prime Designer)
Sympathy and best wishes to those affected by Microsoft's closure of Arkane Studios here in Austin. Arkane did a solid job and had a highly talented and motivated team. Companies need to understand that destroying their creative production studios is NOT the path to profitability.

Adam Boyes (CEO of Iron Galaxy Studios) simply posted an image showing that in the first quarter of 2024 Microsoft had a 17% increase in revenue, reaching $21.9 billion in profit.

i didn't care for the game, but i'm inspired to buy it on steam. maybe i'll like it more now, knowing this critically-acclaimed labor of love was discarded.

Just now, Nightshade79 said:

You can get it this month on Humble Choice this month for $13. Activate Players to the moon this weekend.  :hest:

oh damn. there's some great games there. i need to sign up.