[IGN] Phil Spencer and the Battle for Xbox’s Soul - " it’s no longer Xbox, but Microsoft Gaming.” (TLHBFR)

:mj:  Lemshits have been raped. Who knew the ABK acquisition they cheered for would eventually lead to the destruction of Xbox, LMFAO. Twisted irony

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-and-the-battle-for-xboxs-soul

I spoke to two former longtime Xbox employees, separately, and both lamented the current state of the business. One told me, prior to this week’s awful studio closures, “I had lengthy conversations with a bunch of Xbox founders, and we all came to the same conclusion: it’s no longer Xbox, but Microsoft Gaming.” Ouch.

The other chatted with me at length after the Bethesda bloodbath, and believes Xbox is now too big to quickly or easily get its house in order. “There is just too much surface area. You have, effectively, three huge companies at play and Microsoft never really finished [the] integration with Bethesda. [And] Activision is like three times the size Xbox was.” They added, “Xbox 360 launched with a few hundred people. Last I heard Xbox is now almost 30,000 people.”

And that growth has led to, in this Xbox veteran’s opinion, increased oversight and meddling from further up the Microsoft food chain. “The reason this seems so inconsistent with previous Xbox leadership team statements is that these decisions probably aren't being made by Phil. This is all getting dictated by [Microsoft CEO] Satya [Nadella] and [Microsoft CFO] Amy Hood, and it all stems from the Activision acquisition.”

TLHBFRaped!

AFFC3D89-E7B1-4A71-AE60-E30F773F724E.thumb.jpeg.4bdc2ae0ba5837df365d9c9773a8eaf7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah definitely not obsessed about Xbox at all. 

image.png.23ef89f739ff812d9cff3eb222a465c9.png

You're not contributing to the topic. :bena: 

• dead 1

xbox fanboys were celebrating the activision aquisition hard, now its eating xbox alive from the inside. congrats phil, on another job well... done :hest: 

• Geese 1